NEurope
Dcubed

Playstation 5 Console Discussion

I'm all set - now where's the fucking console?

IGZM5XouEXm0UIkwz_XXYrEuC9yb2eEeIOfJOzIB1ingMuLRhrb0hCNdGjziFaxAgyNtqFxkA3k2veSbuvoKOIFE4rwIXS0IkDfiLG2lE2E7mW9nwEYkGGUy5h3cLojiNwv085NCU79n8Z71nMxadgb1FLmvcxp-gSwi-dk0CB0VINje885jVMHFMxw-MuuKNU-evLsRezHVK7H56SciUw5QaKnGPTf7l8SmwbXQKVxeZhYInV4B1mufsLlZzRboUQK_Mti1oQxg8245v54mS-5X7zDdUE4GUHOx3njKBJZZaFrXJ3wlJI5QVrHU48wgW-d6Jfa6YTcUdqMGzTZMzxMgz1NtG2hmmB90o2zOc14wsMKiNZOm8Vnesko5_ZP0sElEkaO-5eeVMeA24Fyh1LFnFqv0X3SyW3zh7IV5RkqjQnCqviVkyh_L1Dj3KkwADC44yiELHRAHSOFzeud-l7kykQ6drXwedfO45vNrP2GS_Nuq0dM-_qJt6E7Xb9Gksz2sxUVW-cJfiVefjk9QsKeCcLUjHmTvbA2mhqul0BeqP2fFFGg9zYZ--nJ-TC7lGXE0ii50NIw4ZDVox_jhMb4wLOQ7_qdVDfZHkKkCFJia9LYXVWj0taEQUe2b9oS4WdK4V-YcaSS2ow01WlB-4CnYDKihAf8NLX1lxfaVInIY76hhcJB8BbOBdtfq=w1112-h625-no?authuser=0

Edited by Cookyman
  • Like 1

Apparently the PS5 version of Watch Dogs has been pushed forward a week to the 19th so it’s inline with the console launch.

Despite earlier complaints about the battery life I feel that the controller is going to last about a week before it needs charging. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Probably won't be able to take some time away from the lab next Friday. Way too much to do. :( (but it's fun, so no biggie :p)
Also: Forgot that I'll visit my sister two days after the PS5's release.

My plans for the weekend have changed drastically :laughing: 

Still: Cannot freaking wait for the time I'll spend with the new console.

Kinda funny how I will not be able to buy a true next-gen game for a while. I'll have to make due with Astro's Playroom, but given reviews and impressions it'll be awesome.

Gonna spend most of my first few weeks with the PS5 with Sniper Ghost Warrior 3, I reckon. Just bought it for a fiver and have started it on my PS4. I most likely won't be able to finish it in time for next-gen :D 

Here's hoping Amazon.de won't fuck up my pre-order...

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Happenstance said:

"I'm not mad I got the higher priced model for the cost of the lower end model that has zero downsides."

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

eBay 20% off voucher is back so I just preordered Devil May Cry 5 Special Edition for PS5 for £23.99

• Like 1

Just asked on Era and apparently Astrobot can be deleted from the PS5 when you are done with it and takes up 11gb.

• Like 1

It seems that the low number of consoles available, along with the price increase in software, hasn't stopped the UK market from snapping up lots of PS5 games.

Overall, more than 790,000 boxed games were sold in the UK last week, a rise of 96% week-on-week. They generated £36.4 million at UK retail, which is a spike of 165% week-on-week. Despite the console not being out yet, PS5 games accounted for almost 19% of all games sold and nearly 25% of the revenue.

It seems to be off to a strong start.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Launch day success was never in question.  It’s the coming months that’ll really tell the tale.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Dcubed said:

Launch day success was never in question.  It’s the coming months that’ll really tell the tale.

It hasn't launched yet, and those are only physical sales made a week early, but...yeah, of course, and ditto for Xbox. And Nintendo's next console. It goes without saying :p still, glad it seems like both have got off on the right foot and are doing well! Hopefully we'll hear some promising figures for both in the coming weeks. 

Has gone quiet in here the last few days, though I don't think there's much to say while we watch our cousins in the US enjoy it all and we're still waiting. I don't know about everyone else, but I'm awfully tense about whether or not the console will show up on Thursday, and of course about the issues some have been having with it - hopefully they get patched soon though (before Thursday would be ideal, but we haven't heard anything official from PlayStation yet). 

Excited but very nervous to see how this all shakes out. Finally heard back from GAME on Twitter and in an email, just saying they've had issues with their previous arrangements (DPD no longer an option, so they've split them between DHL, Yodel, and Royal Mail) which is the reason for the change. As someone who was with Royal Mail before I don't understand why mine ended up changing, but seems that the earliest pre-orders they processed ended up with Yodel (go figure). I know Royal Mail are solid around my area so they would have been my first choice, I haven't had any issues with DHL the few times I've used them before...so of course I ended up with Yodel, who I haven't used in a long time (I think I received a pretty beat up order of clothes or something from them once?). 

Anyways, all fingers crossed everything goes smoothly. Definitely never using GAME again for a big item after this, the fact that they blocked responses on their tweets and didn't respond to anyone for a week doesn't give me much faith in them moving forwards, and then there's the matter of them still not confirming that they'll refund other customers who paid for Royal Mail/DPD but have since been downgraded. 

But, yeah. It is what it is, quite grateful people are still in work and we still have the option for delivery given everything going on. I hope it turns up on Thursday without any problems, and all of my fretting will have been for nothing. :peace:

Edited by Julius

25 minutes ago, Julius said:

Has gone quiet in here the last few days

I'm waiting (not so) patiently for my console. But I'm just so busy right now, I don't even think about its upcoming release that much.

26 minutes ago, Julius said:

I don't know about everyone else, but I'm awfully tense about whether or not the console will show up on Thursday

Amazon just changed my delievery date from "November 19th" to "Thursday"...that's something, I guess :D

My flatmate will have to accept the parcel...really hope he's at home on Thursday.

Anyways, hopefully I get one or two hours with the PS5 Thursday night. Work and lab work on Friday, immediately after I'll visit my family and I won't be back home until Saturday.

• Like 1

I've got enough to buy one now, just need to get lucky on launch day and find a site that has stock. I've heard the Currys and John Lewis will have a few more units on Thursday but it's a lottery whether or not I can get one before they sell out, don't hold out much hope given how scarce they've been in the US but I'll keep an eye on both places as soon as Thursday rolls around. 

I still haven't sold my PS4, made enough through other avenues, but I'm hoping I'll be in a position to sell it before Christmas once I've transferred all my data over to the PS5

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

Just got an email from Amazon confirming release day delivery

Heck yeah! Fingers crossed it's all smooth from here, I know they had some issues with one or two of their Xbox deliveries last week, but I think that just comes with the territory, and hopefully they've got any of those kinks knocked out! :peace:

Don't imagine I'll be getting another update from GAME until Wednesday when it ships, and then it's onto waiting from Yodel. It's weird because I've only historically heard bad things about them, and not had great experiences with them myself, but apparently they were pretty solid last week for Very in delivering the Series X | S. 

Everything is crossed. This week is going to be weird, when I don't think about it, it's going fast with work...and when I get excited, it's another three whole days! Managed to agree with my manager to finish nearly an hour and a half on Thursday after staying over and doing some extra work last week, so hopefully it shows up around lunch for me to set it up and I can jump on soon after. If not, oh well, I'll just have to distract myself with a film or something, otherwise I'll be waiting by my machine for a few hours! 

Got my email from Amazon confirming release day delivery too :yay: though its been saying that since I ordered. 

3 days to go and this is pretty much me right now:

ThriftyAbleIberiannase-size_restricted.g

I'm excited but more for just making sure I get the thing on launch day as its not something that I'm just sitting waiting on getting delayed. Only ever pre-ordered consoles in store so a new and anxious experience waiting for it to be delivered.

Reading some of what's being said o  ResetEra though about the console downloading the PS4 versions of games and having to be factory reset to even download the PS5 versions and such has me a bit apprehensive but hopefully there's a firmware update for the console to sort those issues out. Likewise for games as there seems to be quite a bit of crash reports for pretty much all games so far.

Still, roll on Thursday. Can't wait to play Astro, AC Valhalla and The Pathless.

• Like 1

First firmware update has rolled out, hopefully fixing some of the issues users were having over in the States and elsewhere ahead of our launch on Thursday. 

Version: 20.02-02.25.00 This system software update improves system performance.

First time I've ever been happy to see a stability update :D

Edited by Julius

2 more sleeps! Good to hear about the firmware update, sounds like we are probably benefiting from getting the console a week later. I've been hearing about some save bugs in Ubisoft's recent games too so hopefully they'll be close to having a patch by the time I come to play AC Valhalla.

• Like 1

Hopefully that firmware update solves the rest mode, LAN and external drive issues that have been affecting users in the states.

• Like 1

Good to hear you guys are getting confirmations for launch day delivery. Hopefully Amazon Singapore does the same tomorrow.

• Like 1

According to Amazon.de my console has been dispatched and is estimated to arrive on Thursday.
Didn't get a confirmation email and I haven't been charged for the money I still have to pay, so I'm just cautiously optimistic.

:D

• Like 1

And there's the confirmation via email.

Expected delivery: Tomorrow between 1pm and 11pm. Will be at the lab until at least 6pm, though, but thankfully my flatmate will be at home to accept the parcel if I'm not there :D

39891228403_12f092a56a_o.gif

• Like 3

No confirmation for me yet but my order page has updated so I can’t change anything on the order anymore - getting hopeful it’s coming day one!

• Like 1