NEurope
Dcubed

Playstation 5 Console Discussion

And the moment of worry and stress has arrived. Because of course it has. 

GAME has changed my console delivery courier/type from Royal Mail Tracked 24 to...Yodel (Free Next Day Year Delivery) :cry:

Sent a ticket in, hope I hear back soon. I've had a bit of a nose around and from what I can see, it seems the change has been made to a number of other people's accounts, even those who paid for things like DPD Tracked 24. 

I'm really hoping it's some type of error, or something they can look into, otherwise, I don't really rate my chances of it arriving next Thursday :(

• Sad 1

And the moment of worry and stress has arrived. Because of course it has. 
GAME has changed my console delivery courier/type from Royal Mail Tracked 24 to...Yodel (Free Next Day Year Delivery) :cry:
Sent a ticket in, hope I hear back soon. I've had a bit of a nose around and from what I can see, it seems the change has been made to a number of other people's accounts, even those who paid for things like DPD Tracked 24. 
I'm really hoping it's some type of error, or something they can look into, otherwise, I don't really rate my chances of it arriving next Thursday 
Ah, you wanted GAME to provide a Royal Mail option? Well that's only available to their GAME platinum card holders, or those paying the £30 topup.

Seriously though...howcome you ordered from these hacks?

17 minutes ago, Sheikah said:

Ah, you wanted GAME to provide a Royal Mail option? Well that's only available to their GAME platinum card holders, or those paying the £30 topup.

Seriously though...howcome you ordered from these hacks? emoji14.png

I don't believe that's true, at least not in this instance, as my original order had Royal Mail Tracked 24 as the delivery type for my entire order - and still is for my accessories. The console is the only item to have its delivery type and courier changed. And, like I said, this has happened even to those paying for DPD 24 and other delivery methods. 

And I went with them because that's one of the places where pre-orders went up first, straight after the PS5 September event, but above all else, because of the Royal Mail delivery option. I live a 5 minute walk from my local Royal Mail depot, and have never had an issue with them; the latest I've had something arrive is about 13:00, and I'm at work until 15:30 on launch day anyways. Royal Mail is definitely the best option for my location, so that's why I stuck with them. 

I had initially hoped to get one with ShopTo, but they kind of seemingly blundered their weird queue system, and in hindsight I probably could have nabbed another backup with Amazon or someone else (I mean, I was keeping an eye on it all for a friend anyway)...

But it is what it is ::shrug: from what I've seen elsewhere with the updates on the Series X | S deliveries due today, it doesn't look like a different retailer would've necessarily done any better.

Out of my hands now anyways, just got to try to stay optimistic I guess. But, based on my past experiences with Yodel, that's not easy :sad:

Edited by Julius

1 hour ago, Julius said:

I don't believe that's true, at least not in this instance, as my original order had Royal Mail Tracked 24 as the delivery type for my entire order - and still is for my accessories. The console is the only item to have its delivery type and courier changed. And, like I said, this has happened even to those paying for DPD 24 and other delivery methods. 

And I went with them because that's one of the places where pre-orders went up first, straight after the PS5 September event, but above all else, because of the Royal Mail delivery option. I live a 5 minute walk from my local Royal Mail depot, and have never had an issue with them; the latest I've had something arrive is about 13:00, and I'm at work until 15:30 on launch day anyways. Royal Mail is definitely the best option for my location, so that's why I stuck with them. 

I had initially hoped to get one with ShopTo, but they kind of seemingly blundered their weird queue system, and in hindsight I probably could have nabbed another backup with Amazon or someone else (I mean, I was keeping an eye on it all for a friend anyway)...

But it is what it is ::shrug: from what I've seen elsewhere with the updates on the Series X | S deliveries due today, it doesn't look like a different retailer would've necessarily done any better.

Out of my hands now anyways, just got to try to stay optimistic I guess. But, based on my past experiences with Yodel, that's not easy :sad:

Aren't Yodel the ones who literally throw parcels over fences?

GAME stores re-opened in Wales yesterday, my local one was hounded by people asking about pre-payments for the PS5.  At the moment, they're prioritising Xbox orders as that's out this week.  From speaking to someone in-store yesterday myself, they should be in a position by either Friday or Monday to start pre-payments for the PS5.  Was only down asking if they could hold my Sackboy pre-order and include it in the PS5 bag.

ShopTo have started processing my Pulse 3D headset and Miles Morales.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jimbob said:

Aren't Yodel the ones who literally throw parcels over fences?

GAME stores re-opened in Wales yesterday, my local one was hounded by people asking about pre-payments for the PS5.  At the moment, they're prioritising Xbox orders as that's out this week.  From speaking to someone in-store yesterday myself, they should be in a position by either Friday or Monday to start pre-payments for the PS5.  Was only down asking if they could hold my Sackboy pre-order and include it in the PS5 bag.

ShopTo have started processing my Pulse 3D headset and Miles Morales.

Haha yep, and leave them out in the rain. Or don't deliver them at all. Joys. Then again, I don't have a fence for them to throw it over as I've moved into an apartment...so that's a win, right? Unless they just throw it at the wall of the building instead... :blank: sent their Help Desk a DM on Twitter too, we'll see how that goes. 

Otherwise, GAME have been fine, and it's been going as smoothly as I could have wanted it to. Processed payments for my DualSense, Pulse 3D headset, and Media Remote over the weekend, should be shipping today or tomorrow. 

And ShopTo have processed Miles Morales and Demon's Souls, so those should be here in the next few days too.

Only thing which might not arrive from them this week could be the DualSense charging station, but I don't really mind waiting on that anyways! 

Well i'm fucked. ShopTo gave my order away.

I was supposed to pay for it by the 31st of October which they only informed me about when I went to check my order today.

I'll pick one up next year I guess.

• Sad 4
  • Angry 1

Well, while I'm still waiting to hear back from GAME about who is going to be actually delivering the console, they've just taken payment for it. So, yay? 

This ResetEra thread seems to suggest everyone's delivery courier/service has changed to Yodel, so I wonder if it might be a system issue? Because there are people they've charged for delivery who have also been downgraded. 

Seeing more tweets about it pop up, but nothing from GAME yet to anyone in terms of a response. Probably still overwhelmed by today's Xbox orders. Maybe. 

48 minutes ago, martinist said:

I was supposed to pay for it by the 31st of October which they only informed me about when I went to check my order today.

:(

Sucks to read. ShopTo are usually really great, hence why they're so trusted (myself included), then they manage to completely bottle the next gen launches. 

Edited by Julius

GAME messaged me, i can pre-pay for my console from today until the store closes on the 18th.  Plan to pay tomorrow when i go to collect my copy of Sackboy, then it's a case of going in and picking it up on launch day.

21 hours ago, martinist said:

Did they email you at all, they did for me but cancelled my console order middle of October.  Shopto usually are pretty good, but botching next gen launches isn't good for them.

16 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Why are you so angry? :D

I'm smiling on the inside....

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Why are you so angry? :D

Probably because he's still waiting for his actual PS5 to show up.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

It's weird that we'll get our new games and accessories tomorrow, but it's another week for the console.  Sony love to tease.

Have tracking info now for everything arriving tomorrow, so that's nice. 

On the other hand, still haven't heard back from GAME about delivery for the console changing from Royal Mail to Yodel, and looking on Twitter/ResetEra, I genuinely don't expect to. Hundreds of instances I've read now where people have paid for DPD/Royal Mail and been charged for it but it's been changed to Yodel without any confirmation, and GAME seemingly haven't got back to anyone. You would think that someone over there would have cottoned on by now. 

I raised a ticket yesterday morning and DM'd them on Twitter, but looking at their site for contact details, there's seemingly no other way to contact them: in their infinite wisdom, they no longer have a customer service number you can call as they have transitioned to working from home, and their support page points you to the live chat on their website, which is absolutely nowhere to be seen. 

Part of me remains hopeful that it's an error across the board, especially seeing as all accessories and games are still being shipped by DPD and Royal Mail, as was originally the case. The other part of me is designed to figuring out whether my PS5 turns up in pieces, or if it even turns up at all. And then there's the optimist in me, too, somewhere back there, hoping I get one of the few Yodel drivers who actually does their job. 

Going to be an unnecessarily stressful next 7 days or so waiting to find out what's actually going on. 

UPDATE: check Twitter for the 40th time today for an update on this, and of course there's a page hidden on the GAME site somewhere about this, which someone had to do some digging for. 

Delivery Update for PS5 Orders

Due to the volume of PlayStation 5 orders that we are sending and the impact on the UK delivery network as this is a UK launch by Sony across multiple retailers, GAME orders will be shipped using three different couriers - Royal Mail, DHL and YODEL. All three couriers use a tracked delivery service and updates will be sent to you by them to the email address that you placed your order with.

GAME will be shipping these to the couriers in time for them to deliver on release day. For updates please keep an eye for notifications from either Royal Mail, DHL or YODEL.

Seems like all of those charged now, from what I can tell, are the first wave of pre-orders from 23:00 on the night of the September event...and we're the ones who have had Yodel dumped on us. A 1 in 3 chance and I end up with by far the worst option. Don't even have the option for DPD anymore. 

Woo. Well, I at least hope everyone else enjoys their PS5 next week :laughing:

Edited by Julius

5 hours ago, Jimbob said:

Did they email you at all, they did for me but cancelled my console order middle of October.  Shopto usually are pretty good, but botching next gen launches isn't good for them.

No email at all. I only found out when I went to check my order and it had a paragraph above saying to pay by the 31st or the order will be given to someone else. Guess it's my fault for not checking regularly.

Hopefully there's no bother with it @Julius. It's strange, I've heard so many horror stories about Yodel and Hermes (especially the former but with the latter, I was well aware of the throwing parcels into vans before that video circulated earlier this week) but from the times I've had them deliver to me, there's been no issues. I definitely seem to be in the minority there with regards to that though, more issues with DPD and Royal Mail than anyone else.

Got my games sorted for launch. I've stuck with just AC Valhalla and The Pathless for now as I'll have Bugsnas with PS+ and Astro's Playroom to play as well as replaying some of the PS Plus Collection games. With the problems with my current flat and neighbours, not wanting to over extend money wise in case I end up finding a flat in the coming weeks but Miles Morales may get picked up too.

Nervous about my Amazon pre-order. With having the digital edition pre-ordered on the restock, I'm hoping that doesn't mean a delay in it getting here for me on launch day. Still says it'll arrive on launch but last time I pre-ordered something from Amazon, it came a week after the item in question released (it was a book I'd ordered as a gift for the missus). Would've been quicker buying on release and wouldn't have had to pay the extra for postage in that case. So yeah, a bit nervous Amazon will actually get it to me on time.

• Thanks 1

And so it begins... :bouncy:

EmncFLNXEAEjjkP?format=jpg&name=large

Still waiting on the Media Remote and Charging Station, but I don't mind waiting for those. 

EmnfNr_XUAAe9d3?format=jpg&name=large

Couldn't resist opening and getting a feel for the DualSense, and it feels really good. Much more natural fit in the hands, feels like the R2 and L2 triggers flair out a bit more which feels nicer, L1 and R1 look substantially bigger to me too. And I like the additional grip to the controller and sticks. Looking forward to seeing how the triggers feels with the motors! Does feel like it comes together a bit abruptly at the end of the grips, the parts don't sit completely flush. Probably the only thing I'd say isn't absolutely ideal from just a feel perspective? But it's not like it's a problem, either. 

It's going to be a looooooooong 7 days. 

Edited by Julius
  • Like 5

I wonder...

@Hero-of-Time (yes, the right one this time), will you keep the haptic feedback turned on? If I remember correctly you are one of those weirdos who turn off the rumble immediately and I think it makes you a terrible person.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I made the mistake of only pre-ordering the console and not the accessories, it seems as if the headset and the charging station are out of stock everywhere. I can certainly live without the charging station but would like the headset at some point. I'm hoping they improve the microphone over the newer version of the PS4 Gold headset, was disappointed to find out it was a step down from the original.

• Like 1

R5i4JM1.jpg

So it begins.

Shame I can't play Miles Morales yet. But, I'll try the headset out later as it works on PS5

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, drahkon said:

I wonder...

@Hero-of-Time (yes, the right one this time), will you keep the haptic feedback turned on? If I remember correctly you are one of those weirdos who turn off the rumble immediately and I think it makes you a terrible person.

Oh, so now you want my thoughts and opinions in this thread. Tough. :p 

• Haha 3

20 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Oh, so now you want my thoughts and opinions in this thread. Tough. :p 

tumblr_mxyp3lWAW11s84jfzo3_250.gifv

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Zell said:

I made the mistake of only pre-ordering the console and not the accessories, it seems as if the headset and the charging station are out of stock everywhere. I can certainly live without the charging station but would like the headset at some point. I'm hoping they improve the microphone over the newer version of the PS4 Gold headset, was disappointed to find out it was a step down from the original.

I've just received my headset. From what I've read the mic is very good now - it has 2 in-built microphones.