NEurope
Dcubed

Playstation 5 Console Discussion

Both Sackboy and Miles Morales look set to arrive at the flat on the 12th, same as the new PS5 3D Pulse headset.  I get the games releasing then, as the PS4 counterparts release that day so they're thinking "why not release both versions".  It happened before with the PS4 launch, i had Black Flag and NBA 2K14 at home for a week before the PS4 arrived.  Headset is a weird one, however have seen across the pond that the accessories have arrived early for some people too.

1 hour ago, Jimbob said:

Both Sackboy and Miles Morales look set to arrive at the flat on the 12th, same as the new PS5 3D Pulse headset.  I get the games releasing then, as the PS4 counterparts release that day so they're thinking "why not release both versions".  It happened before with the PS4 launch, i had Black Flag and NBA 2K14 at home for a week before the PS4 arrived.  Headset is a weird one, however have seen across the pond that the accessories have arrived early for some people too.

Yeah, both accessories and games are releasing on the 12th, even the PS5 exclusive games. I think it got bumped up a few weeks back? It looks like ShopTo are getting all of their accessories and games ready to start processing on the 10th, so wouldn't be surprised if some turn up on the 11th. 

Not that it matters until the console arrives :blank: it's going to be a very long week of holding the DualSense and watching that UI video over and over :laughing: I've seen some hoping elsewhere that due to lockdown there might an earlier launch, but everyone seems much more prepared now than they were back then, so unfortunately I'm not expecting it to hapoen. A repeat of the FFVII Remake situation we got earlier in the year due to lockdown would be nice, but like with that game, feel it would only make for a bit of a weird launch! 

Edited by Julius

5 hours ago, Julius said:

Yeah, both accessories and games are releasing on the 12th, even the PS5 exclusive games. I think it got bumped up a few weeks back? It looks like ShopTo are getting all of their accessories and games ready to start processing on the 10th, so wouldn't be surprised if some turn up on the 11th. 

Not that it matters until the console arrives :blank: it's going to be a very long week of holding the DualSense and watching that UI video over and over :laughing: I've seen some hoping elsewhere that due to lockdown there might an earlier launch, but everyone seems much more prepared now than they were back then, so unfortunately I'm not expecting it to hapoen. A repeat of the FFVII Remake situation we got earlier in the year due to lockdown would be nice, but like with that game, feel it would only make for a bit of a weird launch! 

Yeah, I saw a rumour that Sony might bump the PS5 release up a few days as it's lockdown in the UK.  But haven't found a credible source to link it.

Apparently stores have stock in of the consoles, someone on a community page mentioned they went in to pay early and they put the PS5 on the counter and put a label on the box.

8 hours ago, Jimbob said:

But haven't found a credible source to link it.

There were rumours that Media Markt (one of the biggest electronics retailers) sent emails to customers telling them that the console will arrive at the 12th.
Turns out: That wasn't true.

Anyways, seems like tomorrow a big embargo will end and we'll see hands-on reports for the system. Would be great. Had a very stressful week so far and I could do with some relaxing news blasts tomorrow evening :D 

• Like 1

TWO. WEEKS. REMAIN.*

iR9OY3u_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

*in Europe :( to be fair to those over the pond though, I imagine the election has accelerated their aging by at least a week, so I'll give it 'em :p

23 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Anyways, seems like tomorrow a big embargo will end and we'll see hands-on reports for the system. Would be great. Had a very stressful week so far and I could do with some relaxing news blasts tomorrow evening :D 

Yeah, exciting times! Doubt I'll check out much more of the hardware stuff now as we're so close and will want to experience it myself (read: I'm lying through my teeth and will absolutely be watching further impressions, and I will justify this by saying it will help me set my own up as fast as humanly possible).

Also, being only a week out from launch in the US and some other countries (note: must be nice), I don't think it's that far of a stretch that we might start to see game review embargoes come to an end tomorrow either. About a week out for major titles - launch titles especially - would seem about right to me, though I wouldn't be surprised if they wanted to break this up somewhat, with one of the reviews for Miles Morales or Demon's Souls coming tomorrow, and saving the other until next Tuesday (for the Xbox launch to try and grab some of that next gen buzz, though I don't think it's necessary). 

Edited by Julius
  • Like 1

Seems odd that stores already have the consoles and yet the release date is a week behind other region?

1 hour ago, Ike said:

Seems odd that stores already have the consoles and yet the release date is a week behind other region?

But not all stores will have it across the entire region, it’s about the right timing to start seeing it roll in.

34 minutes ago, Map said:

Dualsense sounds like the real deal.

It really does. I can’t wait to get my hands on one and try it out for myself, probably the best thing about the new console I think.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just received the notification emails from GAME that they'll be taking payment for the console and accessories in the next few days.

Going to go over my order details one more time to make sure everything matches up, and already got the funds in my account ready to go. My main concern going into the next two weeks had been that there might be some sort of unforeseen issue with my card leading them to cancelling my order, even if it did have sufficient funds; SimplyGames cancelled my Final Fantasy VII Remake pre-order earlier in the year for that vague reason, and it's left me on edge since, despite being the only time I've ever had a supposed "issue" with the card. 

For that reason, I'm glad that the email from GAME confirms that if there is an issue they'll get in touch to give me the chance to fix things, got a lot more peace of mind going into the next few days now. Hoping everything goes smoothly! :peace:

EDIT: also, PlayStation announcing that all units made available on launch day will be available online-only. 

Bound to happen, but still, glad they're setting that expectation ahead of time. 

Edited by Julius
  • Like 1

So...Trump losing today and tomorrow some sweet, sweet PS5 news?

That would be great :D

Some PlayStation 5 support videos have just gone up:

I won't lie, this got me hyped :p game presets in particular are probably the highlight:

iXNSxFp_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

Edited by Julius
  • Like 1

Ohhhh...the tease is real :D

Really hope the embargo lifting tomorrow rumour turns out to be true. I NEED IT!

New gameplay trailer put out on the Belgian PlayStation Twitter account showing some of the other areas of the game that haven't been covered by last weeks previews:

Continues to look great. Can't wait to play this while other bits download.

Review time! 

And DF's backwards compatibility video:

Pretty glowing!

Edited by Julius

No folders, people. Looks like some pre-orders will have to be cancelled :p

Edit: Then again:

PS5 Tells You How Long You've Played Games--Including Previous PS4 Play Time

Source

Edited by drahkon

36 minutes ago, Julius said:

And DF's backwards compatibility video:

Sony did a great job. All that concern in the past few months for nothing ::shrug:

Reviews pretty much all saying the same thing: PS5 is the real deal for next-gen. So happy I could get my pre-order in and actually afford it. Cannot wait :D

It seems like they absolutely nailed the console. However, my biggest issue is the launch line up and it's why i'm happy to sit on the sidelines until things get fleshed out a little more. I respect that they are supporting the PS4 and PS5 with the same games but when I invest in a new console I want my exclusives. I imagine I will pick mine up when Ratchet arrives. Come to think of it, I don't think i've ever bought a Sony console or handheld at launch. I've always waited at least 6 months. 

Hope you guys who are getting it at launch enjoy your new console. I look forward to reading all about your PS5 adventures in a couple of weeks time. :peace:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I don't think i've ever bought a Sony [...] handheld at launch

Pfaj.gif

But the Vita, H-o-T, WHAT ABOUT THE VITA???

17 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I look forward to reading all about your PS5 adventures in a couple of weeks time.

Pffff, after that confession of yours...you'll get nothing from me. NOTHING!

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Pffff, after that confession of yours...you'll get nothing from me. NOTHING!

We should make this topic private and access is granted only to those who have a PS5. Proof of purchase required.

• Haha 1

Just now, Hero-of-Time said:

We should make this topic private and access is granted only to those who have a PS5. Proof of purchase required.

Who is this "we" you're speaking of?

You are excluded from this conversation and that's the end of it. :p

• Haha 2