NEurope
Dcubed

Playstation 5 Console Discussion

bkSEWkV.gif

Trying again because the ones I posted before were time limited. Does this work @drahkon?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bob said:

Does this work @drahkon?

It does, thanks :peace:

Didn't even notice your last post for some reason, sorry :D

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bob said:

bkSEWkV.gif

Trying again because the ones I posted before were time limited. Does this work @drahkon?

Nice. Didn’t think it’d be possible to retain that level of smooth animation within the size limit. What did you use to optimise it?

18 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Nice. Didn’t think it’d be possible to retain that level of smooth animation within the size limit. What did you use to optimise it?

I just used https://ezgif.com/resize and set it to be 40% of the original.

• Thanks 1

I’d guess cold boot judging my how it went to main menu/load game. 

But like said even if it was suspended that was pretty quick and damn fast on the save file load. 

3 hours ago, drahkon said:

Miles Morales start up

Not sure if it's a cold boot or if the game was suspended, but still...absolutely insane. :peace:

Yeah, holy smokes. What's that, 7 seconds from a cold boot (that's the impression I get seeing as it goes into the menu, at least), and a 2 second load of the save, which wasn't even long enough to feel like a fade to black? 

If that was a cold boot like we seem to think, then yeah. Ho-ley smoked mackerel, that's very exciting! 

• Like 1

Syndicate surprises me, i'd have thought Unity would have been the game that would have errors.

Ubisoft had a few issues these past few weeks regarding their wording on several occasions ::shrug:
Anyways:

We'll just have to wait for an updated statement by Ubisoft.

But trust gamers to make a huge deal out of a slight mistake. Just look for the "4k and 60fps"-"4k at 60fps" madness :laughing:

Edited by drahkon

Might as well just sell my smartphone if there won't be any time to check reddit/messages/anything :D

• Haha 1

That's fast.

Bought a 1tb SSD and a external drive casing for extra storage on PS5.  Was going to use a 1tb HDD, but these SSD speeds are promising and I think I'd rather have faster loading times with BC

20 hours ago, Jimbob said:

That's fast.

Bought a 1tb SSD and a external drive casing for extra storage on PS5.  Was going to use a 1tb HDD, but these SSD speeds are promising and I think I'd rather have faster loading times with BC

I'm waiting to see the NVME approved Sony SSD's then get a 1TB one.  Yeah they may be pricey but will be far more convienent.  

In complete #firstworldproblems, I've changed the delivery address for my PS5 to my parents house where I'm going for Lockdown 2 as they're my support bubble and I don't want to be lonely. Because of this, Amazon's estimated delivery date has changed from the 19th to the 20th! 

I guess at least I'll be getting one... but I'm might be feeling very envious of some of you on that Thursday while I'm still waiting! 

• Sad 1

"PlateStation5"

I think Sony did you a favour. If they're stupid enough to use that name, it probably will be very poorly made.

Not to mention that they were selling them and planning on shipping them before being able to do any testing on of it will actually fit properly, or mess up the airflow.

• Like 1

Yeah I suspect it's a case of Sony doing so because they will be officially offering that at some point. May even be that companies are supposed to get approval/guidance from Sony about how to do it without potentially encouraging users to do something that could void their warranty. 

I suspect we'll see it at some point, but hopefully it won't be as delayed as @Mr-Paul's delivery. 

15 hours ago, Cookyman said:

I'm waiting to see the NVME approved Sony SSD's then get a 1TB one.  Yeah they may be pricey but will be far more convienent.  

I'll get something internal down the line, this is mostly for anything i want to play BC.

My local GAME tweeted out about in-store collections.  I know Wales is coming out of lockdown on the 9th, so stores should re-open.  They've started making back-up plans as England will be in lockdown over launch week for people to collect orders and pre-pay if they want to.

Edited by Jimbob
  • Like 1

Yep! Just two and a half weeks. I have a big deadline at work that finish a day before...that Thursday is going to be one hell of a day!

• Like 2

Fortnite's next-gen update will make use of the Activity Cards on PS5:

SELECT YOUR FAVORITE MODE FROM THE PS5 HOME SCREEN

Fortnite supports PS5’s Activities, starting with the ability to go straight into the Battle Royale Lobby with either Solo, Duos, or Squads selected. Once in the Lobby, choose to queue up for your selected mode!

Source

We've seen the same for Destruction AllStars so I hope this will be the new standard with multiplayer games in the future. Cut down the time you spend in menus, increase the time you actually play the game :peace: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Activity Cards seem like they really will be the Vita's Livearea concept finally done justice.  Awesome!

• Like 1

HDMI 2.1 confirmed. 

At this point we want to correct the spread of the misinformation regarding the HDMI 2.1 cable of the PS5. As Sony confirmed, it is an HDMI 2.1 cable. We apologize for the confusion. Complete rectification
At this point we want to correct the spread of the misinformation regarding the HDMI 2.1 cable of the PS5. As Sony confirmed to GamePro.de, the cable is actually an HDMI cable that supports the 2.1 standard.

The general confusion arose from the fact that the PS5 cable that came with the package did not have the label "Ultra-High-Speed" specifically intended for HDMI 2.1 cables. The label should always be on a cable with 2.1 standard, according to an interview by Golem.de with the HDMI licensing marketing director Brad Bramy . Since only "High-Speed" was to be found here, we also assumed that HDMI 2.1 would not be supported without additional accessories.

We apologize for the confusion. The following news has been adjusted to remove the misinformation.

While I think there was nothing to be worried about personally, HDMI 2.1 has not been confirmed previously, and the lack of confirmation I feel is what caused some concern amongst some online.

Nice to have the clarification at least!

Edited by Julius