NEurope
Dcubed

Playstation 5 Console Discussion

I'm in the process of selling some old things to raise the cash for a PS5, so I haven't got a pre-order in just yet but I'm hoping to get one in the next time retailers have stock. If I can't get one by the end of November is there any way I can sign up for PS Plus and claim Bugsnax while it's still free?

18 minutes ago, killthenet said:

I'm in the process of selling some old things to raise the cash for a PS5, so I haven't got a pre-order in just yet but I'm hoping to get one in the next time retailers have stock. If I can't get one by the end of November is there any way I can sign up for PS Plus and claim Bugsnax while it's still free?

Yeah, you should be able add PS Plus and add the games to your library via the web store.

Bugsnax looks like it’s on Plus till the start of January.

Edited by Map
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Map said:

New PlayStation App

Available now

Well, it's been an hour, and still waiting on that update. For some reason I reeeeeeally want to see the updated app. 

tenor.gif

• Haha 1

Available now
Well, it's been an hour, and still waiting on that update. For some reason I reeeeeeally want to see the updated app. 
tenor.gif
Same...wonder if it's a US advert?

5 minutes ago, Sheikah said:
1 hour ago, Julius said:
Available now
tenor.gif

Same...wonder if it's a US advert?

Says the same on the GB site too :(

Haven't seen any footage of it outside of the trailer, really weird to drop that and not have it available for update at the same time. 

DF jumping on the Astro's and DualSense bandwagon:

Three weeks tomorrow. Please go quickly...

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Julius said:

I reeeeeeally want to see the updated app. 

You probably already know, but the app has been updated (at least in Germany).

To quite the famous Borat: Very nice.

Slick, pretty, the store is an improvement. It's just all around better than before.

7 minutes ago, drahkon said:

You probably already know, but the app has been updated (at least in Germany).

Yep, got the notification while I was asleep :laughing: but appreciate the heads-up nonetheless!

Agreed with you and @Happenstance both, looks and runs so much more smoothly. The PlayStation Store doesn't take an age to load anymore either, which is great! Cannot wait to start managing my storage from this thing on the PS5 :D

Only downside I'm seeing is that the game/add-on/etc. items in the store aren't named outside of their artwork, otherwise I think it's pretty much flawless. 

Three weeks to go! :bouncy:

Bit annoying that demos still appear in your purchased section. Took me ages to figure out why I apparently owned Devil May Cry V.

@RedShell

You're the master of gif/avatars. Is it possible to turn this one...

39891228293_13c532f352_o.gif

...into a gif for my avatar? Apparently it's too big.
And would you be up for taking care of it, unless it would take more than 2 minutes of your time? :p

9 minutes ago, drahkon said:

tci0dqf1wvv51.jpg

I NEED IT.

Oh man, it's awesome that we're starting to see these photos, but them being upside down doesn't exactly instill confidence :laughing: 

God damn, I just want it to be here now. The next 3 weeks of waiting are going to be rough, especially with North America and Australasia launching a week before everywhere else. Hell, I was even watching the new trailer for Demon Souls and inspite of not really being a fan of those games, part of me has started to consider picking it up at launch (I probably won't because if I don't end up liking it, I'd be stuck with a £70 purchase with getting the digital console) that's how much I'm buzzing for launch.

I was thinking earlier about PS4 games that I'd love to play again on the PS5, especially ones I hope that'll get updates to take advantage of the controller's haptic feedback and adaptive triggers and Death Stranding came to mind. I know Kojima Productions are working on something else right now but I hope they go back and look at updating Death Stranding with a next gen patch as I'd love to see the game use those features as it'd really add to the experience.

With regards to the new app, are people able to access it? I downloaded off of the Google Play Store this morning didn't have it installed previously) but its still the old version and was just curious if its been made available in the UK yet or not?

5 minutes ago, Ganepark32 said:

With regards to the new app, are people able to access it? I downloaded off of the Google Play Store this morning didn't have it installed previously) but its still the old version and was just curious if its been made available in the UK yet or not?

Yeah, my PlayStation App updated this morning before I got up (UK, Google Play Store), it's really nice. It says the update was October 23rd, so it should be available for update now! :smile:

23 minutes ago, Julius said:

Yeah, my PlayStation App updated this morning before I got up (UK, Google Play Store), it's really nice. It says the update was October 23rd, so it should be available for update now! :smile:

I've read that Sony will keep @Ganepark32 on the old version forever.
He'll also receive a PS5 with a bare-bones UI. No WiFi and LAN-access for him.

Edited by drahkon
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, drahkon said:

@RedShell

You're the master of gif/avatars. Is it possible to turn this one...

39891228293_13c532f352_o.gif

...into a gif for my avatar? Apparently it's too big.
And would you be up for taking care of it, unless it would take more than 2 minutes of your time? :p

Afraid not, that is a bit too next gen for gif avatar format. :grin: 

To actually contribute something to this thread now that I’m here though, :hehe: I watched some footage from that game yesterday and it does indeed look very cool, sounds like the controller is doing some really impressive stuff with it as well.

Not sure when I’m going to be able to get my hands on one (given the current world situation and the fact I’m not getting a PS5 myself) but I’m definitely intrigued by those new feedback aspects of the controller and looking forward to experiencing them at some point.

• Sad 1

I just hope they use the features properly. Gyro assisted aiming really should have been an option for most PS4 games but it was rarely used.

ezgif-3-9bc1f43cdb0e.gifezgif-3-eb3201b7a8c1.gifezgif-3-75c4d57c97a3.gif

How small does it have to be?

Edited by bob
  • Haha 1

Once my console arrives, I'll plug it in, start it up, log into my account and then jump straight into Astro's Playroom. Fuck the UI :D The game itself and the DualSense are now on top of my "most anticipated everything" list.

• Like 1

Hopefully it won't be another touchpad and PS5 games will actually start using the HD rumble too, apart from Astro's Tech Demo

• Like 1

2 hours ago, drahkon said:

Once my console arrives, I'll plug it in, start it up, log into my account and then jump straight into Astro's Playroom. Fuck the UI :D The game itself and the DualSense are now on top of my "most anticipated everything" list.

I'm hoping to set it up on a lunch break and have everything downloaded so I can start playing once I finish work that day, though I imagine I'll still want to snoop around the settings because that's one of my favourite parts of getting new hardware to play with! 

Have been seriously considering playing Astro's Playroom first, seems like a game you could knock out and Platinum (if it has one?) in an afternoon, and I really want to get a good idea of what they've got going on with the haptic feedback and adaptive triggers. 

At the same time: Spider-Man. So who knows? ::shrug:

11 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Hopefully it won't be another touchpad and PS5 games will actually start using the HD rumble too, apart from Astro's Tech Demo

Yeah, as great as it is to hear all of these great impressions of Astro's, my biggest concern with this direction is if it does end up getting that support. SixAxis and the Touchpad went widely under utilised this gen, which is a shame, because I feel like there were good applications of both, but mainly in first party titles; namely, shaking the controller in The Last of Us and The Last of Us Part II when your flashlight starts flickering out, and the many awesome uses of the Touchpad in Ghost of Tsushima. 

But at the end of the day, I guess it's on third parties wanting to support it, and it's not an easy sell to them when these are going to be changes made exclusively with one console in mind. At the very least, we'll have first party titles. Cannot wait to call back the Leviathan Axe in God of War: Ragnarok, that's for sure!

Genuinely think Xbox should have jumped on this bandwagon too, because considering how much work Cerny puts into communicating with third parties, I have to imagine this is a choice made with their desires in mind more so than PlayStation's. 

Edited by Julius

9 minutes ago, Julius said:

I imagine I'll still want to snoop around the settings because that's one of my favourite parts of getting new hardware to play with! 

Yeah, knowing myself I'll most likely just dabble with the settings, UI features and all that jazz for an hour or so before playing a game :p

9 minutes ago, Julius said:

I'm hoping to set it up on a lunch break and have everything downloaded so I can start playing once I finish work that day

I will defo try to take release day and the day after that off from work. Will most likely have to be at the lab to do some experiments, though. Here's hoping that it'll be a a matter of "only" 4-5 hours per day :D

But the weekend after release...it's all about gaming :peace:
Might do some meal-prep for the two days, just to reduce the time away from the console :laughing: Just like the old days...wake up, warm up some food, have sweets and drinks ready and simply play video games. Gonna make me nostalgic as all hell.

Edited by drahkon