NEurope
Dcubed

Playstation 5 Console Discussion

Whoah. That console is a beast! 

Did not expect it to be that much bigger than a PS4.

Seeing unboxings makes the digital edition look that bit more appealing from an aesthetics/size point of view... but I'm still going for the disk version. 

1 hour ago, drahkon said:

That's crazy. Just goes to show how effectively they kept us all on the hook in the lead up to last month's event (is it just me, or does that feel like it was ages ago?), and ready to jump on pre-orders as soon as they went up. 

Could they have communicated more effectively until now, in terms of what we were in for? Yeah, for sure. I think they bottled some of the messaging relating to last month's event (release dates for games, pre-order date and time for the console), and though I think a few of us here thought their backwards compatibility strategy was clear enough, it really shouldn't have been a question. If you're being competitive, as Xbox and PlayStation clearly are, why would you give so much as an inch to your competitor, even if it's only in the minds of a few? 

PlayStation have done a great job, no doubt, so crazy stats like these aren't too out there, though I am curious to see what the deal is going to be with stock, and especially in how many they're able to produce and sell by their end of the financial year. The demand is there, but will the supply be? We still haven't heard about that second wave of pre-orders yet, and we're just under a two and a half weeks from launch in the US. 

That's crazy. Just goes to show how effectively they kept us all on the hook in the lead up to last month's event (is it just me, or does that feel like it was ages ago?), and ready to jump on pre-orders as soon as they went up. 
Could they have communicated more effectively until now, in terms of what we were in for? Yeah, for sure. I think they bottled some of the messaging relating to last month's event (release dates for games, pre-order date and time for the console), and though I think a few of us here thought their backwards compatibility strategy was clear enough, it really shouldn't have been a question. If you're being competitive, as Xbox and PlayStation clearly are, why would you give so much as an inch to your competitor, even if it's only in the minds of a few? 
PlayStation have done a great job, no doubt, so crazy stats like these aren't too out there, though I am curious to see what the deal is going to be with stock, and especially in how many they're able to produce and sell by their end of the financial year. The demand is there, but will the supply be? We still haven't heard about that second wave of pre-orders yet, and we're just under a two and a half weeks from launch in the US. 
I think as well we have to acknowledge what incredible work has been done this gen to lead up to this point. Namely all those exclusives that people are invested in and want to carry on playing through the next generation. What we are seeing with these preorder numbers and YouTube metrics is a crazy amount of demand for this console.

I think COVID has had a positive impact on this too. People are at home way more so gaming has become a much more valued hobby in that regard. I think people are also happier to pay more money for tech these days thanks to phones.
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sheikah said:

I think as well we have to acknowledge what incredible work has been done this gen to lead up to this point. Namely all those exclusives that people are invested in and want to carry on playing through the next generation. What we are seeing with these preorder numbers and YouTube metrics is a crazy amount of demand for this console.

I think COVID has had a positive impact on this too. People are at home way more so gaming has become a much more valued hobby in that regard. I think people are also happier to pay more money for tech these days thanks to phones.

Yeah, absolutely agree. They've absolutely killed it this gen. And not even just the first or third party exclusives this time around, too, but the timed exclusive deals, for example Final Fantasy VII Remake and Dragon Quest XI with Square Enix, I feel were a strong statement, and those games and the hours I sunk in are just as tied to my enjoyment of games on the PS4 this gen. 

COVID for sure has had a positive impact, definitely a case of a rising tide raising all ships. Whether on my PS4, Switch, or any other console really, I look back at this year and genuinely wonder how much worse off I might have been this year if not for gaming. Excessive gaming for long stretches is something I'm increasingly wary of, and I imagine I'll start to cut down my gaming once some sort of normalcy comes back to the world, but for 2020, with how it's played out, it's been a great way to escape, and also a great way to connect to others.

Whether in a party, vicariously through a bean in Fall Guys, or just discussing games here on N-Europe, it's definitely been a light at the end of the tunnel for me almost every day since March. Compounded only by consistent news all summer (though I'll admit, I did miss E3 in the end!), the buildup to a new generation, and the excitement of it all. 

Whether it's a PS5, Series X, Series S, RTX graphics card, new VR headset, or even if people are just getting around to picking up a Switch or PS4/XBO (sorry Vita! :p), it's been a rough year in some way or another for everyone. That we have something to look forward to as we look to the end of the year as great as new hardware and software is awesome, and I definitely hope it continues to offer what we probably all need as the chaos unfurls around us :peace: (and, you know, eventually goes away...please!)

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Julius said:

(sorry Vita! :p)

GrnQ.gif

The two people who picked up a Vita during the pandemic are now proud owners of the greatest handheld ever made.
SO SHUT UP.

Edited by drahkon
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Got a preorder for Watch Dogs Legion as well now. I was planning on holding off a bit on it but a lot of the coverage over the past day has swayed me.

Can’t wait! Still haven’t had a confirmation one way or the other whether my pre-order will be good for launch day but the tracking is still showing the 19th as expected delivery. Really hope it comes.

So many times I've said to myself: "You really need to give No Man's Sky another go."

I guess I might just wait for next-gen :D

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, drahkon said:

So many times I've said to myself: "You really need to give No Man's Sky another go."

I'm just waiting for that time to jump in and starting over on PS5 seems to be the logical thing to do for me. I enjoyed my time with it and that was on its first iteration, so I've missed all of these updates. Looking forward to re-starting! :D 

4 minutes ago, drahkon said:

I’m exactly the same, never had enough time to get into it and it just got left aside having never really played it. With all the other stuff I want to play though I have a feeling I still might never get round to it.

The trailer looked great for No Man's Sky. I always check in with each update so this just gives me another reason to jump back in as I haven't checked out their recent update. Such a turn around for Hello Games though. I liked the game on launch for what it is but where its at now is just incredible, and all as free content updates at that.

If anyone is interested, Temtem, the MMO Pokemon style game, is coming to PS5 in early access on December 8th. Been curious to check it out myself so something to try out come the holidays.

Edit: Also, the new game by The Game Bakers, makers of Furi, Haven is coming to PS5 on December 3rd.

Edited by Ganepark32

Haven will launch December 3 on PlayStation 5. Yu and Kay have escaped to a forgotten planet, leaving everything they knew behind.  Play two lovers at the same time as they settle into an unknown world. Glide through a mysterious landscape, explore a fragmented world and fight against what’s trying to tear them apart in this RPG adventure about love, rebellion, and freedom.

From the creators of Furi.

A RPG adventure about love and freedom, to play solo or with a special someone.

YES!

The music... :heart:Danger delivers yet again.

Very excited for Haven myself. Even though I didn't finish Furi, I love what I played and the soundtrack is something I constantly go back to again and again because its just incredible.

Got to play Haven during the summer thanks to the Summer Games Fest demo event Microsoft did on the Xbox One and really enjoyed it. Looks great, loved the dialogue, found it relaxing moving through the environments and enjoyed the battle system. Was considering playing through Gamepass but now strongly considering buying it for my PS5.

So thats No Man's Sky, Temtem and Haven as 3 of the 5 games they're highlighting today. Curious what the other 2 are. I do wonder if The Pathless is one to get pre-orders and pricing out but I have a sneaking suspicion that Hades is coming to the PS5 and PS4 sooner rather than later. And given Supergiant Games have released all of their titles up to Hades on the Playstation platform, its probably a given that it'll appear and would make a great launch title for many.

Gather your tribe and stand against Ragnarök in Tribes of Midgard! Coming to PlayStation 5 in 2021, this co-op survival action-RPG pits you against the end of the world. Prove yourself as a lone Viking or form a tribe of up to 10 players. The odds are against you, but Valhalla can wait!

Explore the beautiful wilds, encounter mythical beasts, and face mighty Jötunn (Giants) to gain the strength you need to protect the Seed of Yggdrasil. Hunt animals, harvest resources, and fight all manner of enemies to gather what you need to craft weapons, armor, potions, and your village’s defenses. Plan ahead, because when night falls, Helthings emerge and attack the Seed. And with each passing day, they’ll grow stronger as Ragnarök—the end of the world—approaches.

No matter how you play, your tribe has a home for you. So gather all you explorers, builders, Giant slayers, and defenders of the Seed, because Ragnarök awaits!

Norse mythology is the new zombie apocalypse :D
The game does look good, though.

And there we have it, Bugsnax on PS+ at launch. Did wonder why they only gave a price for the PC version on the Epic Games Store, though I didn't expect it to be on PS+ in all honesty. Will actually give it a try now though as I wasn't too enamored with what they've shown of it.

Edited by Ganepark32
  • Like 2

Excuse me...Nintendo and Sony? Could you just slow down for a minute?

Edited by drahkon

PS+ Collection got a stealth update:

From our third-party publishers and developers:

• Batman: Arkham Knight
  • Battlefield 1
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops III – Zombies Chronicles Edition
  • Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy
  • Fallout 4
  • Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition
  • Monster Hunter: World
  • Mortal Kombat X
  • Persona 5
  • Resident Evil 7 biohazard

Source

Not bad. Not bad at all.

Already played the newly added games/upgrades but they are a nice addition. :peace:

Now...please...PLEASE make it Persona 5 Royal. :p

Edited by drahkon

Just now, drahkon said:

PS+ Collection got a stealth update:

Source

Not bad. Not bad at all.

Already played the newly added games/upgrades but they are a nice addition. :peace:

Triple checks

Huh, we don't have a PS+ Collection thread? 

Anyways, awesome. Means I can pick up the original XV physically, but play the Royal Edition :laughing: and why did I have to pick up Crash on sale?! Wouldn't be too surprised if Spyro followed at some point...

Just now, Julius said:

and why did I have to pick up Crash on sale?!

Because it deserves to be paid for :p

Have you played the trilogy already? Have you gotten all the Platinums?
I need you to do that, if you haven't. NOW. I need to experience your rage.

1 minute ago, drahkon said:

Because it deserves to be paid for :p

Have you played the trilogy already? Have you gotten all the Platinums?
I need you to do that, if you haven't. NOW. I need to experience your rage.

Rage? What's that? :p

I haven't yet, one of those few times I've picked something up on sale knowing I'll get to it at some point, but it was that and Spyro at half price, so figured I might as well ::shrug: well aware of the rage it incites, though! Could see myself going for a Spyro plat if I enjoy it enough, but not sure I'd be up to it for Crash. 

But we'll see :p

So guessing that means £34.99 based on how prices usually convert, pretty much bang in the middle of where I thought it would fall. Happy with that price and can't wait to play. Will get my pre-order in for this to go with AC Valhalla and that'll do till I decide on Miles Morales.

Edit: Scratch that, its £29.99 on the PS Store so even better. Both that and my pre-order for The Falconeer on Xbox sorted for just over £40 is nice (£10 worth of reward points for Xbox, off topic I know).

Edited by Ganepark32
  • Like 1

And there we have it, Bugsnax on PS+ at launch. Did wonder why they only gave a price for the PC version on the Epic Games Store, though I didn't expect it to be on PS+ in all honesty. Will actually give it a try now though as I wasn't too enamored with what they've shown of it.
Obviously this shows that Bugsnax will utilise the true power of the PS5.