NEurope
Dcubed

Playstation 5 Console Discussion

1 hour ago, Happenstance said:

Makes me wonder if they expected it to bomb somewhat anyways, and were planning on dropping it on PS+ a few months out. Probably doesn't make much sense at launch wanting all eyes to be on Miles and Demon's Souls, too, and we all expected it to be on PS+ (or F2P when we first saw it) at some point too, but still, a smart move for them. I'm sure the game will do much better because of this. 

Yeah I think they want to try and recreate the same kind of hype Rocket League got and have decided to push it back to get it away from all the big launches.

Smart move; game was being sent to die at retail.

Now it at least has a fighting chance to succeed.

Seems like an obvious move, to me, especially as I said as much when the game was announced... :indeed:

On 12/06/2020 at 4:58 PM, S.C.G said:

The reaction when the trailer was shown, while in the N-E chat...

SCG - "It might do well, if it's free"

Drahkon - "or a budget title"

I think that sums it up, remember when Rocket League was a PS Plus game quite early on? Do the same with this, or keep it cheap and you'll probably get people playing it.

For me though, I only recently played Rocket League for the first time and while I like that to a point, this doesn't have the same appeal, but it might to quite a large audience, in time.

At least now, there's a good chance that people will probably play the game, especially if they haven't had to pay much, or anything for it. 

• Thanks 1

Definitely a good idea to push Destruction All-Stars back and put it out as a PS+ title. The £69.99 price tag was always going to put people off, especially as they've shown very little of it compared to say Godfall which despite not being my cup of tea, they've been out there putting more and more info out and in some cases thats turning people around to that game.

Hopefully means they'll start putting out more details over the coming weeks/months as that'll help to get more eyes on it such that when it hits PS+, people will actively want to jump in rather than through curiosity due to it being included in the monthly game lineup.

Their wording about a new trailer next week suggests that there will be some form of info drop. Do wonder if that'll take the form of an extended blog piece with gameplay trailer or whether I'll be part of a final State of Play with there being a week to go next week to the North American/Australasian release of the hardware. I was wondering if they'd do it this week with embargoes set to lapse next week for games, at least thats the rumour, so wonder if it'll be the former with Destruction All-Stars getting the in depth blog piece.

Either way, curious if they'll do a shadow State of Play drop this week on Thursday (that seems to be their day for it) to cover any last details they want to cover before launch about the hardware or games (there still little known about the state of indies at launch beyond a small number of titles and I have been wondering if Hades will turn up either as a November PS+ title for PS4 as they have history with their games on Playstation and with Transistor being on PS+). Add to that that Annapurna have said they've got some announcement for later this week (presumably The Pathless related, probably price and pre-order details), I'm cautiously expecting something this week to close out the lead up to launch.

Unboxing videos and first impressions of the console, Astro's Playroom, and the DualSense are going up:

Must be nice :p

Edited by Julius
  • Like 2

Just came back from a run, gonna watch all the footage after launch :D already waiting for the inevitable "this console is so ugly"-, "ugliest console ever", "urgh, look at this shitty design", "it's so big, whaaaaaa"-comparison pics/comments on here.
Well...that didn't take long.

Edit: Apologies to everyone just coming in to see footage and discussions. I just wanted to see whether my prediction came true. I should've kept it to myself.
I won't change anything to this post so my mistake is still visible.

Again: Sorry. Let's just enjoy some PS5 news :)

Edited by drahkon

People are raving about the DualSense.
Seems like the real deal. Here's hoping that these impressions convince devs to further pursue adding these mechanics to their games :)

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Size compared to the PS4...

f9fps5.jpg

glances over at TV unit

Yeahhhh that could be a squeeze :laughing: even taking the PS4 out of the equation, it's going to be a bit tighter than I'd like next to the PS3 Slim and Switch! 

Might need to shuffle things around a bit and start using my lower shelf... :nono:

The PS5 might actually be the first console I'll place vertically. :D
Don't necessarily like the way it looks on the side, but I do like how it looks standing upright.

7 minutes ago, drahkon said:

The PS5 might actually be the first console I'll place vertically. :D
Don't necessarily like the way it looks on the side, but I do like how it looks standing upright.

Weird, it looks nicer horizontal to me. Plus less chance of the disk getting damaged.

21 minutes ago, Julius said:

glances over at TV unit

Yeahhhh that could be a squeeze :laughing: even taking the PS4 out of the equation, it's going to be a bit tighter than I'd like next to the PS3 Slim and Switch! 

Might need to shuffle things around a bit and start using my lower shelf... :nono:

Just don't do this... :blank:

ElVbSDmXgAEoI3L?format=jpg&name=4096x409

!!!

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Ike said:

Weird

Yes, you are :p

18 minutes ago, Ike said:

Plus less chance of the disk getting damaged.

Explain?

I've never had any consoles vertical either. I prefer the look of the PS5 horizontally but I think it'll fit nicer next to my TV vertically this time.

It’s just so godamn ugly and squished in that cabinet makes it look even worse. When the first images of the dev kit came out I was really hoping they would go with a very different design for the final model but now I wish they’d just used that, or indeed ANYTHING else.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Explain?

The 360 and PS3 at least were prone to scratching the disk if you had them vertical for some reason. I seem to recall Sony stopped selling the stand at one point, but it did happen to me once with my 360 scratching a game for no reason. Hopefully it's not a problem anymore.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ike said:

The 360 and PS3 at least were prone to scratching the disk if you had them vertical for some reason. I seem to recall Sony stopped selling the stand at one point, but it did happen to me once with my 360 scratching a game for no reason.

Good to know.

Well...I'll still take the risk and have the PS5 in vertical-mode

Might not mean a lot to many, but I kinda like it. I'm not the trophy-hunter I used to be but you can be sure that I will share clips of me getting a difficult Platinum :p

12 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Might not mean a lot to many, but I kinda like it. I'm not the trophy-hunter I used to be but you can be sure that I will share clips of me getting a difficult Platinum :p

This is very nice, will definitely be using that myself, too.

1 hour ago, Ike said:

Weird, it looks nicer horizontal to me. Plus less chance of the disk getting damaged.

51 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Explain?

From what I recall it's because vertically its less stable so if it gets knocked/wobbles there's a greater chance of disturbing the disk drive or something leading to damaged disks.

• Thanks 1

Just watched the full Astro's Playroom gameplay vid that IGN put up and man, it looks like a lot of fun. The perfect pack in for launching a system as its instantly accessible while people wait for installs and downloads and looks like it'll be a perfect showcase for the Dualsense.

Loved all the little nods to various games throughout, like Until Dawn, God of War and Puppeteer to name a few (I really hope they give Puppeteer another try on the PS5 as it was a great little title at the end if the PS3's life that went largely unnoticed. The way they could use the haptic feedback for cutting through different materials would be a simple but nice use of that tech).

Looking forward to playing it at launch while things download. Never had a chance to play the PSVR title but loved the look of it. Hopefully a sign there'll be more Astrobot to come.

We knew the conse was going to be big for some time as the dimensions have been out there to get a gist of the size. Already know it won't be fitting in my TV unit vertically but I'm likely replacing the unit I have so I'll have that option with whatever I choose to replace it with. Sure its big bug as long as its quiet, I'll happily take that trade off.

eBay voucher code... POPUPOCT20

20% off, £15 minimum spend, max £75 discount, ends on Oct 29th, selected sellers only.

Can be used on PS5 games, which I noticed when selecting the videogame category, I thought this would be worth posting here, in case anyone is buying games/accesories. :)

That central bit is getting scratched to fuck within hours of buying it.  Guaranteed.