NEurope
Dcubed

Playstation 5 Console Discussion

2 minutes ago, Ganepark32 said:

I see Shopto is down. People absolutely hammering their site to get in a pre-order though I don't think they've officially opened them yet, unless that's happened this morning. They were doing the Register Your Interest thing for 1p but that was prefaced with the caveat that it isn't a pre-order so curious if they've kept that as the actual pre-order or whether there'll be some unhappy people later when they find out that its not. Hopefully its the former because the fallout would be horrendous for Shopto and for gamers looking to get the console (though with getting a DDoS screen going on Shopto, I think there'll be a lot that don't get a console for launch anyway).

Yeah, the messaging has certainly been a bit shaky from ShopTo. I don't even think their pre-orders are live yet (can't see anything on their Twitter and I was also one of those to register), so I imagine it's just a case of people waking up to the pre-orders going live at a few places last night. 

Think I'll be sticking with my GAME pre-order for the hardware (minus that charging stand which I'll need to get elsewhere), after checking what they're offering for delivery vs ShopTo (who I had been planning to go with) I don't think there's going to be a much safer guarantee than the Royal Mail 24h Tracked GAME are offering for free. 

Still waiting for software to go up at places other than GAME, though I noticed Miles Morales was listed as £51.99 at GAME. Not sure if that's the final listing, as it's $49.99/€49.99 overseas, but if it is £51.99, well that seems a little bit steeper than I was anticipating. That won't stop me from trying to get a copy, mind :D

And like you said though, still plenty coming to PS4, and some of these games are too! I'm finding myself on the fence about picking up CP2077 at launch now, just knowing that there's going to be that next gen upgrade down the line and also because I plan on getting Miles Morales and Demon's Souls on the same day means it'll be a while before I get to one of those games (and Age of Calamity is the day after!). 

Much pondering shall be done today I think :laughing:

Does anyone know if they're helping or courting any indies to get a small but decent marketplace of digital titles etc available on launch? I need to look into this ps+ collection gamepass thing or so people were talking about?

Essentially too are all current ps4 marketplace(or say 90-95%+) downloadable titles also going to be just as playable on ps5? ie if i can buy something on ps4 at ps5 launch can i buy all those same things off the digital marketplace and have them play on ps5?

Well the two games I was most interested in (Spider-man + Horizon) on the PS5 are now apparently on the PS4? Amazing news! I can hopefully get SM:MM for Christmas now, although I don't know if i'll have any tie to actually play it. At least it'll only be £50 wasted rather than £500.

• Like 1

Got my Amazon preorder
Me too! And nope, I haven't seen the digital version on Amazon.

34 minutes ago, Rummy said:

How so?

As far as I know, it's still very, very popular with kids. I imagine that many would nag their parents for "the new, upgraded version with PS5" for Christmas. Whether those parents will actually be able to get one, is a different thing :D 

Also @Eddage ShopTo have updated their images for the consoles and are now showing the full price for both consoles next to the £0.01, but it is showing as 'Pre-Order' and not 'Register Interest' despite this. This was in the last 15 minutes or so from what I can tell, so might be worth keeping an eye on it, or seeing if you can already secure it! 

Link for Digital Edition

EDIT: Welp. Looks like they might be back down. 

EDIT 2: Looks like they've changed the wording back to it registering interest. But worth keeping an eye on! 

Edited by Julius

2 minutes ago, Julius said:

Also @Eddage ShopTo have updated their images for the consoles and are now showing the full price for both consoles next to the £0.01, but it is showing as 'Pre-Order' and not 'Register Interest' despite this. This was in the last 15 minutes or so from what I can tell, so might be worth keeping an eye on it, or seeing if you can already secure it! 

Link for Digital Edition

EDIT: Welp. Looks like they might be back down. 

Yeah, I've already done the "register interest" thing, so I have a pre-order showing up in my account but don't know if that actually means anything!

Stuck in a preorder with Amazon. Don't know if I'll actually get it at launch or not, but was worth securing one in case!

I don't see the price going down for a long time, at most I think you'll get a game included in that price in the first couple of years. 

Am tempted to just get a Xbox S with Game Pass as that seems like stunning value, then PS5 it up at a later date, but then I want that 4K next-gen goodness - not sure how much of a jump the S would actually feel like! 

Anyway. Semi-excited! 

Yeah, sold out on Amazon. I was on at 9am and refreshing but the console just wasn't coming up and by the time it did, it just redirected to the home page. Not the best from Amazon there as that caused a bit of a clusterfuck going by Twitter. Weird that the digital didn't go up though. Wonder if they're separating out the pre-orders so as to not overload their system.

Live at Curry's but the site is seriously struggling, if anyone wants to give that a shot. 

From what I can see Amazon UK is saying that they will restock. 

Argos opening pre-orders on Friday (tomorrow). 

Edited by Julius

6 minutes ago, Ganepark32 said:

Yeah, sold out on Amazon. I was on at 9am and refreshing but the console just wasn't coming up and by the time it did, it just redirected to the home page. Not the best from Amazon there as that caused a bit of a clusterfuck going by Twitter. Weird that the digital didn't go up though. Wonder if they're separating out the pre-orders so as to not overload their system.

Interesting.

It was smooth sailing over here at Amazon.de. The regular PS5 was up first, but the DE followed shortly after. Still, everything's sold out :D 

Looks like it's already having issues on the app not giving the option to add to basket, but seems to be working on desktop/desktop mode :smile:

Really unimportant on the grand scheme of things, but I'm interested to see the UI and what apps are available at launch. To be honest I actually probably use my PS4 more for Netflix and Sky Go than playing games, so all of the streaming apps being available would be very good news for me! 

Oh boy, this is all very exciting.

I'm a 30 year old man, getting giddy with excitement. Mainly because I got my pre-order in and now I'm set to make it work (hopefully I'll be able to...). But also seeing many peeps here getting hyped and pre-ordering their console is awesome :D 

Can't wait to read through the same myriad of posts in the Xbox thread, even though I won't get one. :peace: 

I have no incentive to upgrade my ps4 yet. All the tatsy games I liked the look of in show case 1 are coming to PS4 (minus Ratchett) so there's very little reason to buy the new console for me yet. Maybe later next year I'll go for it.