NEurope
Dcubed

Playstation 5 Console Discussion

I literally bought God of War a couple of hours ago!

Anyone know how PS Store refunds work :heh:

On 15/09/2020 at 9:00 PM, Ashley said:

Do you know how tempting it's been to change the topic title to random dates just to troll everyone? Sony better announce the date soon.

It is done!

• Haha 2

Demon Souls.

Fucking hell. That looked extraordinary. Price is what we all expected. Hopefully they confirm the launch games soon.

Literally only Spider-man that tickled my fancy in that line up. 

Was a bit bored by some of the games that just weren't really my taste. 

The original trailer had more games in I would buy. 

Decent price indeed! 

Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Horizon Forbidden West, and God of War: Ragnarok all currently slated to be released by the end of 2021 is crazy.

Even if it doesn't play out that way because of COVID, that's still nuts. 

1 minute ago, Julius said:

Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Horizon Forbidden West, and God of War: Ragnarok all currently slated to be released by the end of 2021 is crazy.

Even if it doesn't play out that way because of COVID, that's still nuts. 

The insiders saying that Sony had a stacked first year for PS5...were right.

Now with the price being reasonable...I guess it's time to see whether the games are enough to sell lots of consoles :D

Anyone got time to dig through this thread and find the posts where Dcubed guaranteed the PS5 would be stupidly expensive?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Happenstance said:

Anyone got time to dig through this thread and find the posts where Dcubed guaranteed the PS5 would be stupidly expensive?

Don't...it's been annoying then and it'll be annoying now.

• Haha 1

No help in hell of me being able to afford a PS5 in 2 months time but I would happily pay £450 to play Demon's Souls - it looks incredible. 

I think Sony are taking a bit of a hit on the digital edition, a 4K blu ray drive won't be cheap but it won't cost anywhere near £100.

3 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

Do reckon that they decided to change price at the last moment in response to the Xbox leak.

Still, I’m really surprised that Sony went and did the deed.  They’re gonna be losing A LOT of money on each machine (especially the Digital model!)

Edited by Dcubed

4 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Miles Morales is now coming to PS4 as well.  It’s no longer a PS5 exclusive.

Weird decision.

Just seen this as well, that's nuts. Did I somehow completely miss that being mentioned in the stream or did they just tweet it out? 

Think they just don't want to leave money on the table. PS4 is winding down, sure, but there's over 100 million units out there. Still, weird that Ghost of Tsushima didn't end up being it's last first party title! 

Keighley is saying Demon's Souls is a launch title, I'm going to have to look in to selling my PS4 Pro to fund a PS5 now...

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Gamepass knockoff lets go!!

$499.99 is better than I expected.

The original form of PS+ started it off on the PS3, then PS Now. 

• Like 1

Just now, Cube said:

The original form of PS+ started it off on the PS3, then PS Now. 

KNOCKOFF! :p

I think it's a wonderful offer. If are a newcomer to the Sony brand, boom: Get a subscription (probably a free trial with the console) and have access to a lot of amazing games.

Here's hoping that they'll keep expanding the offer.

17 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

No official launch lineup?

Are they really gonna roll with just one game at launch?

One game at least:

Unless that's the one you meant. I'm tired and have no Bugsnax

• Thanks 2

Demon’s Souls is coming to PC (and “other consoles”; whatever that means), and FF16 is timed exclusive (coming to Xbox after the PS5 release).

Edited by Dcubed

Was a decent enough showcase but it didn't really wow me like their previous one in June. The announcement of the rumoured Final Fantasy XVI will no doubt please many but I actually didn't think it looked great, at least environmentally and stylistically but then I'm not really a fan so its clearly not for me.

Deathloop continues to look incredible and is still the game I'm most excited to play on a PS5 in the launch qindow.

Did expect more games though, and at least more new announcements. The Harry Potter game finally surfaced (and the missus is happy at that) but beyond that and FF16, there wasn't much new that I dug.

Still, matching the Series X price was a must for them (and they'll be taking a hit on the standard model and an even bigger hit on the digital) and glad to see they've done that. The new PS Plus collection is a good idea provided its not at any extra cost (IIRC, they said it wasn't), especially out of the gate for the digital console owners as they have access to a lot of backwards compat games that they would lose buy not having a disc drive.

Not a fan of the split launch dates but it is what it is. Presume launch titles will be announced in the coming weeks but odd that Miles Morales still had Holiday 2020 and not at launch in its trailer. Wonder if it'll hit at launch or if it'll be a December title as I imagine they're running tight on getting it out the door in time.

Not expecting to grab a pre-order online as they'll be gone within seconds so if I am able to grab one, it'll come down to being able to walk into somewhere like Argos and grab one there and then. I'll have to see.

2 minutes ago, Ashley said:

One game at least:

Ahh.  So it IS a launch title? Nice.

No reason why it shouldn’t be.  Blueprint have had plenty of time to work on this.

Wonder if it’ll come to PS4 as well...

Edited by Dcubed

Hmmm no accessories prices yet.....

Spiderman, Demon's Souls and Black Ops all looked amazing.

Plus a good competitive price.

Can't wait!

Just now, drahkon said:

WHAT IS THIS MADNESS?
Why is Geoff doing all this :D

What the hell?! 

Okay, so I'm ready to pre-order. But we just sat through a 40 minute showcase...what an odd way to announce pre-orders going live tomorrow. 

Just add "Pre-order From Tomorrow" and you're golden. That's it. Guess Sony spent a bit more than they expected with that pricing to not afford that :p just teasing of course! 

But seriously, such an odd choice for that and Demon's Souls!