NEurope
Dcubed

Playstation 5 Console Discussion

1 hour ago, Aneres11 said:

Literally only Spider-man that tickled my fancy in that line up. 

Was a bit bored by some of the games that just weren't really my taste. 

The original trailer had more games in I would buy. 

Decent price indeed! 

Yeah agreed, Spider-Man looked pretty good. The usual superhero action + quicktime events but the game looked beautiful and I'm sure the combat will be fun.

Hogwarts looked a little rough but that was the only other thing I was interested in in that whole stream.

Just now, Dcubed said:

Well that narrative sure flip flopped quickly!

People gave Microsoft so much shit for doing this, but now Sony gets a free pass for doing exactly the same thing?

Nah mate.

Like I said above, I think the messaging on this is so important, and can't be understated.

PlayStation shut up and kept quiet about this for exactly the same reason that Xbox should have, they kind of put themselves in this corner way back when they said that Halo Infinite was going to be coming to both Xbox One and Project Scarlett day and date (and PC too, of course). 

I don't think it was intentional with Xbox, and I think they genuinely thought they were doing a good thing by their fans by giving the One crowd something to still be excited for. And just like with the PS5 games coming to PS4, I've got to commend them: it's a good move. 

But this is why the message of your marketing is so important, especially these days. One slight thing out of context - you give your fans or customers one slight flaw - and you'll get ripped to shreds for it. 

• Like 1

Oh and just a friendly reminder here: not only do we have Spider-Man: Miles Morales and Demon's Souls at launch on 19th November here in Europe...

...that's still the release date for Cyberpunk 2077, as things stand (I don't see a delay coming). And for Zelda fans we have Age of Calamity on the 20th. 

I genuinely don't even know where I'm going to start. 

Edited by Julius

1 minute ago, Julius said:

Like I said above, I think the messaging on this is so important, and can't be understated.

PlayStation shut up and kept quiet about this for exactly the same reason that Xbox should have, they kind of put themselves in this corner way back when they said that Halo Infinite was going to be coming to both Xbox One and Project Scarlett day and date (and PC too, of course). 

I don't think it was intentional with Xbox, and I think they genuinely thought they were doing a good thing by their fans by giving the One crowd something to still be excited for. And just like with the PS5 games coming to PS4, I've got to commend them: it's a good move. 

But this is why the message of your marketing is so important, especially these days. One slight thing out of context - you give your fans or customers one slight flaw - and you'll get ripped to shreds for it. 

Sony got it right by lying to everyone about these being "next-gen" exclusive games? Sure.

I'm sure that's right from Sony's perspective at least.  Usual shady Sony tactics at work :heh:

At least Microsoft were honest.

1 minute ago, Dcubed said:

Sony got it right by lying to everyone about these being "next-gen" exclusive games? Sure.

I'm sure that's right from Sony's perspective at least.  Usual shady Sony tactics at work :heh:

You're surprised everything Sony do is amazing and Microsoft can do nothing right to some people on here?

Edited by Ronnie

Playstation Plus has been poor for a while now so definitely needed a revamp to be worth the money but I'm not sure offering last gen games everyone's just played in the last few years is quite the Game Pass killer Sony may think it is? :blank: But I guess they know they're unlikely to make many sales of last gen games anymore so may as well offer them for free. Cool if there's a couple you haven't played and want to subscribe to Plus for online.

21 minutes ago, DriftKaiser said:

Not all games are 70 euros. 😶

Oh, yeah you're right. They are actually 80 Euro. :heh::cheeky:

But yeah, not every game is that much. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Ronnie said:

I'm not sure offering last gen games everyone's just played in the last few years is quite the Game Pass killer Sony may think it is? :blank: 

I don't think it's supposed to be. Their big games sell too well to do a Game Pass.

• Like 1

Just now, Dcubed said:

I'm not really going to get into it too much, because I spilled a lot out on the last page, but like I said before, I'm just happy more people get to play what will be good games. Like I said, I think the messaging is very important - that my gut instinct was different here than it was when we first heard about Xbox saying a similar thing for Halo Infinite and then their other games is a big sign of the messaging being better. 

But yeah, not much else I can say. I know you weren't too hot on this going in anyways @Dcubed, but I'm happy with it and that's all I can really attest to. We don't need to see eye-to-eye, because I can understand a bit of where you're coming from, and objectively I agree. It's just that messaging for me, it's okay if you disagree. I think you're coming down a bit harsher on PlayStation than anyone here ever was on Xbox, but that could just be me misreading things. I think it was more under the "is this messaging working?" line of thinking more than anything else, but I could be wrong about that - that's where I feel I had been coming at it from, at least, but maybe I wasn't that clear myself. 

I'll leave it there. As @drahkon kind of hinted at, I don't think any of us want to get involved in a heated debate over this. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DriftKaiser said:

Now we need the footage of PS5 UI and other new software features like Create soon.

Yes, this was the big thing which stood out as missing for me!

Felt letdown we didn't see it in all honesty, I'm looking forward to seeing the changes they have in store for us. I'm hoping we still end up with that hardware teardown Cerny mentioned way back in March (have my doubts seeing as it's been so long, but we'll see!), so it'd be nice if this was part of that if they do still have plans for it! 

*sidesteps and ducks most of the posts on this page*

I got what I wanted; a price and a date. The God of War tease and the additional Demon Souls bits were the icing for me. 100% going to get one anyway, although maybe not at launch since we have to pay off a huge catering bill that month for our wedding next year. 

Spider-Miles looks like loads of fun. Pretty sure I'll just hold off on any games now and just wait to get them on PS5. 

14 minutes ago, DriftKaiser said:

Now we need the footage of PS5 UI and other new software features like Create soon.

10 minutes ago, Julius said:

Yes, this was the big thing which stood out as missing for me!

Felt letdown we didn't see it in all honesty

It was disappointing to not see the UI.

But, I think it's actually not bad. The internet's going crazy with the PS5 pre-orders/games/other news (and Sony/PlayStation as a brand) right now. The PS5 dominates gaming news.
This will continue for one or two (maybe more, depending on if/when pre-order stock runs out) days and then there will be a little bit of silence.

And then...BAM, PS5/UI deep dive to get people hyped again :D

Edited by drahkon

5 minutes ago, drahkon said:

The internet's going crazy with the PS5 pre-orders/games/other news (and Sony/PlayStation as a brand) right now.

Goes on Twitter...

gamepass.jpg

:laughing:

Edited by Ronnie

Ok, so I managed to get a pre-order in at Amazon.de.

If I understand correctly, I'll have to pay once the item is dispatched. This is something the other pre-order options here in Germany don't offer. Usually you have to pay the full price immediately.

If the pre-order goes through, and I really only have to pay when the console is dispatched, I might actually keep the order and figure out a way to sell some stuff to finance the PS5.

Edit: Gamestop.de already sold out. That was quick.

Edited by drahkon

Games looking very good, looking forward to getting my hands on pretty much everything they showed.

Pre-orders not up here but hoping I manage to get one once they are available.

Only place online pre-orders seem to be live at in the UK is GAME right now. 

Have pre-ordered the console, extra DualSense, PULSE 3D headset, and media remote (would have been the charging stand too, but sold out) from them, though would prefer to order from ShopTo with DPD 24, so will keep an eye out at least and cancel with GAME if so. Release is on a Thursday and I'll be working that day anyway (might need to book the Friday off!), so as long as it gets there before I finished I'd be happy, so I'll probably keep it!

Will likely wait on the software and charging stand to go up elsewhere. 

Has anyone had any recent experience with GAME's online pre-orders? It seems fine from what I've looked up, but would appreciate hearing any experiences others have had :) 

Edited by Julius
  • Like 1

Is the digital edition just selling out really fast or are pre-orders only available for the disc version?!

1 minute ago, Eddage said:

Is the digital edition just selling out really fast or are pre-orders only available for the disc version?!

Looks like it's out of stock at Smyths

EDIT: and GAME. Damn. 

Edited by Julius