NEurope
Dcubed

Playstation 5 Console Discussion

Sony said they would give plenty warning for pre-orders.

Ah well, now does that mean after midnight?

Airplane Sniffing GIF - Airplane Sniffing Glue GIFs

Edited by Cookyman
  • Haha 1

Astro's Playroom, Demon's Souls, Destruction AllStars, Spider-Man: Miles Morales and Sackboy A Big Adventure are all PS5 launch titles.

Not sure why they didn’t bother announcing this in the actual unveil video, but whatevs.  That’s not a bad launch lineup (even if only one of those games is actually console exclusive at launch).

Edited by Dcubed
  • Thanks 2

Also launching this November is a slate of new accessories:

• DualSense™ Wireless Controller (standalone) – US$69.99/¥6,980/€69.99 (RRP)
  • PULSE 3D™ wireless headset – with 3D audio support and dual noise-cancelling microphones US$99.99/¥9,980/€99.99 (RRP)
  • HD Camera – with dual 1080p lenses for gamers to broadcast themselves along with their epic gameplay moments US$59.99/¥5,980/€59.99 (RRP)
  • Media Remote – to navigate movies and streaming services with ease US$29.99/¥2,980/€29.99 (RRP)
  • DualSense™ Charging Station – to conveniently charge two DualSense Wireless Controllers US$29.99/¥2,980/€29.99 (RRP)

Official Source

DualSense is cheaper than expected :o

Edit: Launch line-up now officially confirmed by the PlayStation.Blog US:

PlayStation 5 Launch Day Games from SIE Worldwide Studios

• Astro’s Playroom (Japan Studio) – pre-installed on PS5
  • Demon’s Souls (Bluepoint Games / Japan Studio) – US$69.99/¥7,900/€79.99 (RRP)
  • Destruction All Stars (Lucid Games / XDEV) – US$69.99/¥7,900/€79.99 (RRP)
  • Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales (Insomniac Games) – US$49.99/¥5,900/€59.99 (RRP)
  • Marvel’s Spider-Man: Mile Morales Ultimate Edition (Insomniac Games) – US$69.99/¥7,900/€79.99 (RRP)
  • Sackboy A Big Adventure (Sumo Digital / XDEV) – US$59.99/¥6,900/€69.99 (RRP)

That is an insane line-up.

Edit²: The blog post has a lot of information.

Pre-orders will be available starting as early as tomorrow at select retailers, so please check with your local retailer.

Edited by drahkon
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Dcubed said:

Astro's Playroom, Demon's Souls, Destruction AllStars, Spider-Man: Miles Morales and Sackboy A Big Adventure are all PS5 launch titles.

Not sure why they didn’t bother announcing this in the actual unveil video, but whatevs.  That’s not a bad launch lineup (even if only one of those games is actually console exclusive at launch).

With you wholeheartedly on this. Both this and leaving it to Geoff to announce pre-orders going live tomorrow, as well as Demon's Souls too.

It's such a weird move. They didn't need to do it here, sure, because word will spread like wildfire...but again, you just had millions watching the livestream. 

2 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Official Source

DualSense is cheaper than expected :o

Oh wow, that's much cheaper than expected! Was expecting the Pulse headset to be more too, might pick that up along with a spare DualSense, Media Remote (mainly for films :p), and Charging Station. 

I would give a 'Thanks' but I'm all out of reactions for the day, but still, thanks!

Got to go tot up how much I'm putting down tomorrow now :laughing:

Edited by Julius

1 minute ago, Dcubed said:

Woah woah WOAH!

Horizon Forbidden West will also launch on PS4!!

WTF are you doing Sony!?!??!

it will be another free upgrade to PS5 to make the transition easier but still fucking stupid in my opinion.  

4 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

They're doing amazing things.

Additionally, we know that the PS4 community will transition to PS5 at different times, and we’re happy to announce PS4 versions of some of our exclusives. Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Sackboy A Big Adventure, and Horizon Forbidden West will also launch on PS4. While these three games were designed to take advantage of PS5 and its unique next-gen features like the ultra-high-speed SSD and DualSense controller, PS4 owners will also be able to enjoy these experiences when they launch. The PS4 digital versions of launch games include a free upgrade on both PS5 consoles, while the PS4 disc versions of these games include a free upgrade on the PS5 with Ultra HD Blu-Ray disc drive.

2 minutes ago, Cookyman said:

it will be another free upgrade to PS5 to make the transition easier but still fucking stupid in my opinion.  

Why? This is an option for the current PS4 player-base. It's actually a cool thing to do.

I doubt this will hinder PS5 sales much.

Edited by drahkon
  • Like 1

So much for the narrative of Sony "believing in generations" and not doing Cross Gen.

Also they're now doing first party day & date releases on PC too (Demon's Souls).  And potentially "other consoles" too? (Demon's Souls).

I have no idea what they're doing here.

6 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Woah woah WOAH!

Doing a much better job than Microsoft at supporting the current gen seemingly, even though Microsoft bragged about supporting the current gen.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Cube said:

Doing a much better job than Microsoft at supporting the current gen seemingly, even though Microsoft bragged about supporting the current gen.

These games will also make sure that PS4 sales will see another rise in 2021. Can't imagine it'll surpass PS2 sales eventually, but I would say it'll get close to those numbers.

Edited by drahkon

9 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Why? This is an option for the current PS4 player-base. It's actually a cool thing to do.

I doubt this will hinder PS5 sales much.

I'm all for them doing this with 2020 titles but as this is for next year, how long do they transition for?

Probably for a year cos alot of people are out of jobs due to the coronavirus lockdown so Sony is probably relax their Generation belief to help the gamers around the world who are playing games to escape the reality. 

46 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Do reckon that they decided to change price at the last moment in response to the Xbox leak.

Still, I’m really surprised that Sony went and did the deed.  They’re gonna be losing A LOT of money on each machine (especially the Digital model!)

Not when the games are 70 Euro.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

So much for the narrative of Sony "believing in generations" and not doing Cross Gen.

Also they're now doing first party day & date releases on PC too (Demon's Souls).  And potentially "other consoles" too? (Demon's Souls).

I have no idea what they're doing here.

Some of those games use current gen engines so it's not a surprise (apart from maybe Horizon).

Once you get to games built ground up for PS5 (as soon as next year judging by GoW) they'll ditch the PS4 due to CPU and SSD advantages.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cookyman said:

I'm all for them doing this with 2020 titles but as this is for next year, how long do they transition for?

Who knows, but what does it matter?

I'm pretty sure they know what they're doing. Now people got the option to either get a PS5 sooner, or wait a bit longer and still get to experience the first few games on their PS4. I doubt, for example, that the new God of War will be available on PS4.

1 minute ago, DriftKaiser said:

Sony is probably relax their Generation belief to help the gamers around the world who are playing games to escape the reality. 

Nah, we all know that Sony doesn't care about gamers. It's been mentioned here many, many times :p

• Haha 2

Welp, pre-orders are live in Germany. Looks like I won't be able to get one at launch. I could afford to pay for one now, but I'd pretty much have no savings left so :(

Oh well, there's always next year :D

23 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Woah woah WOAH!

Damn, that's crazy. 

But again, would be leaving money on the table otherwise, there are 112.1 million PS4s out there. That being said, I can't imagine it running terribly well on a base PS4, but at least the option will be there for those who can't afford a PS5. 

21 minutes ago, drahkon said:

They're doing amazing things.

Yep, with you there. 

The more people that get to play these games without having to buy a next gen console, the better. Gaming is about having fun, and if more people have fun, I don't know, I see that as a plus.

Even if it is just serving our corporate overlords. 

16 minutes ago, Cube said:

Haha yeah this for sure. 

They dropped the mic with the price. 

They walked away in slow motion with the building exploding behind them with this.

The PS4 has an insanely massive install base, and I'm honestly surprised at how good (perhaps too good, seeing as we had no idea this was happening until now - I don't think any insider mentioned this!) a job they've done at not overhyping it and keeping it quiet. I feel like the messaging is clearer than with Xbox, and in a way which trumps their message (not waging a console war here, just hear me out). 

Xbox from the start have been saying next gen titles will also be coming to the current gen, which has massively inhibited expectations. I don't think we've even seen gameplay on the Series X at this point? 

PlayStation have been talking about next gen, next gen, next gen; there's a clear divide here and you'll see it next gen. They took a hard stance, and the messaging is out there: the definitive way to experience these games, designed for the PS5, is on the PS5. No two ways about it. You want a dialled down version on your PS4? Here you go. 

Instantly I feel the messaging is different. I think PlayStation have nailed it. 

I'm looking at PS and going "damn, that's a good move, a real good thing for them as a business and for us fans" by also bringing these titles to PS4. I'm not concerned for a second that these titles are anything but designed for PS5 thanks to how they've been promoted - even if that isn't necessarily the case! Like @Goron_3 I'm expecting some of these games to be running on great engines we've already seen this gen - Miles Morales on the same Spidey engine, Demon's Souls on the same or a similar engine to Shadow of the Colossus, etc. These could honestly just as well be PS4 games. 

Meanwhile, with Xbox, it's been "this is surely limiting their creative potential, they're aiming at the One and not the Series X with the games they're designing". We saw Halo Infinite and I think many just shrugged in agreement that, yeah, this is the result of aiming for the low bar of developing for the One. 

This messaging is a big win for PlayStation, I feel it still could've been in the show

Don't get me wrong, I don't think these PS5 games will run brilliantly on PS4, and man some of those load times will be long and the framerate will be poor and there might be some level of input lag. But I look at these games and, loading in something like Ratchet and Clank aside, with Miles Morales, Demon's Souls, and how I imagine Horizon Forbidden West has turned out...they all just look like better running games we've seen be played on the PS4 and PS4 Pro. Miles Morales won't have raytracing on PS4, sure, but I don't think it's too crazy for it to run as well as Spider-Man did in 2018 (which was very well). These are still going to be good looking experiences on PS4. 

Strange move, but I can see why they've done it, and their messaging - apart from saving it for after the show, but even then that's just a avoiding the mess Xbox made for themselves with a similar announcement - has been on point. 

Edited by Julius
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Who knows, but what does it matter?

I'm pretty sure they know what they're doing. Now people got the option to either get a PS5 sooner, or wait a bit longer and still get to experience the first few games on their PS4. I doubt, for example, that the new God of War will be available on PS4.

Well that narrative sure flip flopped quickly!

People gave Microsoft so much shit for doing this, but now Sony gets a free pass for doing exactly the same thing?

Nah mate.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Julius said:

Xbox from the start have been saying next gen titles will also be coming to the current gen, which has massively inhibited expectations. I don't think we've even seen gameplay on the Series X at this point? 

PlayStation have been talking about next gen, next gen, next gen; there's a clear divide here and you'll see it next gen. They took a hard stance, and the messaging is out there: the definitive way to experience these games, designed for the PS5, is on the PS5. No two ways about it. You want a dialled down version on your PS4? Here you go. 

Instantly I feel the messaging is different. I think PlayStation have nailed it. 

Couldn't have said it better myself.

This is exactly it. The messaging is clear.

Just now, Dcubed said:

Nah mate.

Ok...mate.