NEurope
Hero-of-Time

April's Switch Lineup: What Will You Be Buying & Playing?

So, April is now here and with it comes an onslaught of software for the Switch. Your wallet could be getting hit hard this month. Here's a selection of games that I think are worth highlighting.

Super Dragon Ball Heroes: World Mission (5th April)

Spoiler

Mechstermination Force (4th April)

Spoiler

Hob (4th April)

Spoiler

The Friends of Ringo Ishikawa (4th April)

Spoiler

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy (9th April)

Spoiler

Bot Vice (11th April)

Spoiler

Way of the Passive Fist (12th April)

Spoiler

Labo VR Kit (12th April)

Spoiler

My Time at Portia (16th April)

Spoiler

Final Fantasy X/X-2 (16th April)

Spoiler

Cuphead (18th April)

Spoiler

Katana Zero (18th April)

Spoiler

Dragon's Dogma (23rd April)

Spoiler

Mortal Kombat 11 (23rd April)

Spoiler

Steamworld Quest: Hand of Gilgamech (25th April)

Spoiler

Aggelos (25th April)

Spoiler

BoxBoy! + BoxGirl! (26th April)

Spoiler

Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age (30th April)

Spoiler

Which of these will you be looking to pick up and play? I gotta admit, i'm interested in most of these games. :D 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Hob, Cuphead and SteamWorld Quest have my attention so will probably buy them at some point. 

It's a busy month, though.

Probably just BoxBoy! + BoxGirl!. Maybe Dragon Ball Heroes but not 100% sure yet.

In all honesty, probably none of those, but it's good that Nintendo are having such a busy month.

• Like 1

Doubt I'll be able to stop myself buying the Phoenix Wright Trilogy yet again. Haven't decided between the PS4 or Switch version yet.

Only dead cert for me at the moment is Cuphead.

Having said that, I do want to check out Labo VR, but at the same time kinda don't. :hmm:

Katana Zero is already on the Watch List along with The Friends of Ringo Ishikawa, which has a 2D/retro "Yakuza" vibe going on, so I may be tempted to check that out too. I'd not seen anything of Bot Vice until now, but it looks and sounds like a lost Konami title from the SNES days which has certainly got me interested! So yeah, thanks for bringing it to my attention @Hero-of-Time. :cool: (Why are there 3 of you on the members list? Hopefully I mentioned the correct one. :hehe:)

Edited by RedShell
  • Thanks 1

Cuphead, Katana Zero and Steamworld Quest for me. I have a feeling I'm not going to enjoy the latter though but we'll see.

Cool idea for a thread

• Thanks 1

[mention=342]Hero-of-Time[/mention]. :cool: (Why are there 3 of you on the members list? Hopefully I mentioned the correct one. :hehe:)

That would explain his ability to play so many games in so little time - he's actually three people on one account.
  • Haha 4

27 minutes ago, bob said:

That would explain his ability to play so many games in so little time - he's actually three people on one account.

Image result for liar liar they are on to me gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Interested in FFX&X-2, Cuphead and Dragon's Dogma. But I doubt I'll pick any up in April already. Got quite some stuff to play still (started Valkyria Chronicles, going to restart Dark Souls) plus my usual cycle of Paladins/Smash Bros/NES games. I'm on holiday for the most of May as well so I don't want to start a new game end of April and then leave it for a month.

Tempted to get Cuphead, so long as it runs well.

I recently bought Dragons Dogma on PS4 for about £15. Probably would've got it on Switch otherwise.

Definitely picking up Boxboy + Boxgirl, really want to get Labo VR but there are other games I need to spend my money on first really (still yet to buy RE2 or Sekiro). Dragon's Dogma, Cuphead, Katana Zero and Phoenix Wright are also on my wish list but I'm not sure when I'll get round to buying them. 

In terms of playing, Shantae: Half-Genie Hero was 25%-off recently, so I've been massively enjoying that.  Fulfilled my ambition of getting the Speed Run and 100% Speed Run.  Similar story with the excellent Sky Force Anniversary.

As for buying, at the moment I think it's just going to be Aggelos.  Looks like a genuinely good Wonder Boy-style game, and presumably won't be too expensive.

I also have credit on my eShop account just waiting for Shantae and the Pirate's Curse to be discounted again, as well as Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom.  Also, can never rule out any Sega Ages or Hamster titles.  We'll see what gets released with those.

Katana zero, FFX and cuphead will go on the wish list until it's on sale. There's just so much I want to play on the Switch I don't know where to start - hard to believe this is a Nintendo console. I think back to the days when I'd fight the console war online by listing out all the great games you could by on the GC. Now I wouldn't know where to start.

Have we ever done a Game Club on here? Like a book club, it's forces you into new experiences. Might work for all these Indies.

EDIT: Just seen we have one on the other console section. Egg on face, ignore me.

Edited by LazyBoy
  • Haha 1

Ninja Theory have announced that the Switch port of Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice will be out next week, on April 11th. So for those interested, not long to wait. Do wonder what performance will be like in the Switch version? Likewise the sound as that really is a key part of the game. If the quality has taken a knock there, then it loses some of what makes the experience.

4 minutes ago, Ganepark32 said:

Ninja Theory have announced that the Switch port of Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice will be out next week, on April 11th. So for those interested, not long to wait. Do wonder what performance will be like in the Switch version? Likewise the sound as that really is a key part of the game. If the quality has taken a knock there, then it loses some of what makes the experience.

It was playable at PAX and seems to run pretty well, don't think anyone properly analysed the framerate or got to listen to the audio through headphones but impressions seem pretty positive. I'm hoping for a physical release so won't be buying it straight away but I loved it when I played it on PS4 so very keen to pick it up on Switch

It looks pretty. It is a good game? How long to beat says it's a rather short game as well. 

Def: BoxBoy/Girl!, Cuphead

Maybe: Labo VR, Phoenix Wright Trilogy, Hob, SteamWorld: Quest

EDIT: Hellblade also, maybe, dang it...!

Edited by markderoos

53 minutes ago, MindFreak said:

It looks pretty. It is a good game? How long to beat says it's a rather short game as well. 

Yeah, it's pretty short. I think I clocked it in around 4-5 hours.

• Like 1

Dragonball Heroes I'll likely wait for reviews, not much money this month so I can't buy anything til the 25th but the Ace Attorney trilogy will tempt me if it's no more than £29.99, otherwise I can wait. Quiet month for me on the whole but I have plenty to play at this point anyway.

Too many fucking games (I need to update the releasedate list) That's not even all of 'm.

Now sure which ones I'm getting right away, as I have some games from previous months still to get.

I'm thinking of getting Dragon's Dogma, Katana Zero, en Circle Boy right away. Cuphead will have to wait until physical is out. Hellblade.. May be another one I'll get immediately. There are no plans for a physical release at the moment, but if one does come out courtesy of Limited Run or whatever.. I prefer not to tripple dip. But I do want to play this game now. It didn't run on my computer.

Steam world and MK11 will have to wait. As does labo. Still curious for the gimmick factor, but in no way is it a priority.

11 hours ago, Sméagol said:

Cuphead will have to wait until physical is out.

I'm a bit annoyed they announced that a physical version will be coming out but haven't given a date or even a time frame. I would like to know just how long I will be waiting if I decided to get the physical copy. I may just bite the bullet and get it from the eShop and then double dip if I enjoy the game.

Of all the games coming out as of late the only new one I'm planning to get is Final Fantasy XII. I've already played X on PS2 and while I know it's already available on PS4 I'm trying to move towards a more Switch focused game library in terms of multi platform titles as the PS4 isn't actually mine.

Mechstermination Force, Labo VR Kit, Cuphead, Steamworld Quest and BoxBoy! + BoxGirl! for me!

Also, since I'm finally about to finish my uni work, I'll finally be able to start really catching up on all of the games I've missed out on over the past year or so! (Including Xenoblade 2 + Torna, Octopath Traveller, Smash Bros Ultimate, Resident Evil 2 Remake, 428 Shibuya Scramble, Taiko Drum Master Switch, Labo 1-3, Devil May Cry 5 and many more!)

It's gonna be a busy month for me! :D 

Edited by Dcubed
  • Like 1