NEurope
Aperson

April Fools 2019

The square Kirby and round Qbby from yesterday (..and in the other thread).

This is only funny to Dutch speaking people.. So @Fierce_LiNk, consider this is your real test (or have @Eenuh explain it to you):

Edit:

StackOverflow had a nice site redesign, but it's already gone. But you can still enjoy Cern's: https://home.cern/

Edited by Sméagol
  • Like 1

I already posted this in the gaming April Fools thread, but I spent too long on it not to post it everywhere.

From my Sweaty Thumbsticks Instagram:

?size=l

Edited by Goafer

I saw that Mufasa won't die in the new Lion King due to animal rights. 

I found that rather funny. 

6 hours ago, Sméagol said:

The square Kirby and round Qbby from yesterday (..and in the other thread).

This is only funny to Dutch speaking people.. So @Fierce_LiNk, consider this is your real test (or have @Eenuh explain it to you):

Edit:

StackOverflow had a nice site redesign, but it's already gone. But you can still enjoy Cern's: https://home.cern/

I was actually able to translate most of that (about 85-90%). @Eenuh has explained to me the joke, but she's not sure she fully gets it herself as she is of the Flemish variety. :laughing:

49 minutes ago, Fierce_LiNk said:

I was actually able to translate most of that (about 85-90%). @Eenuh has explained to me the joke, but she's not sure she fully gets it herself as she is of the Flemish variety. :laughing:

There are 2 Dutch words for fries. Or chips as you call 'm. Eenuh will probably call them friet or frites. Depending on where you are in The Netherlands ("above or below the big rivers", it's a bit of a cultural division) you call them patat (like a normal person) or friet like in Belgium. People have been murdered because of this issue.

13 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

There are 2 Dutch words for fries. Or chips as you call 'm. Eenuh will probably call them friet or frites. Depending on where you are in The Netherlands ("above or below the big rivers", it's a bit of a cultural division) you call them patat (like a normal person) or friet like in Belgium. People have been murdered because of this issue.

At least I "got" the joke then haha. Though for us "patat" is potato, so it just sounds weird. And frites is French. So this joke only really works for some Dutch speakers. :p 

• Weird 1

All the best jokes require an explanation in three different languages.

20 minutes ago, bob said:

All the best jokes require an explanation in three different languages.

Time to get on that Memrise tiiiime!

I quite liked Duolingo's April Fools this year:

Time to get on that Memrise tiiiime!

Caed y geg!