NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

Mario & Sonic at the 2020 Olympics (Switch)

This is probably the closest I've ever come to buying a game on the strength of it's soundtrack alone. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Previous page, Glen. :cheeky:

Welp, I'm a right dope when I wake up.

Ah, it's a well written review. So more people will see it here on this new page.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Haha 1

I put some time into the game over the weekend and i'm finding it pretty meh. There doesn't seem like there is much to do in the game. Sure, it has a story mode but this seems to be really short and has so far been filled with annoying cutscenes. Also, I had a session on the game with my youngest niece (7 years old) and a lot of the events were far too complex for her to play on her own. Things like the 100m sprint were fine but then events like the discus throw had far too many things going on for her to play along. :( 

The online in the game is pretty much dead already and if you are lucky to find a match you will be presented with very laggy gameplay, which is far from ideal where specific button presses are required at specific times.

I'll probably finish the story mode and then trade the game in as it's not one I can see me coming back to. I loved the Rio Olympics game on the Wii U and for me this is a MASSIVE step backwards from that.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

There was one on the N64 which I really enjoyed. I can't for the life of me remember what it was called though.

9 minutes ago, Tim B said:

There was one on the N64 which I really enjoyed. I can't for the life of me remember what it was called though.

It would have been International Track & Field: Summer Games.. and it is also pretty good :hehe:

• Thanks 1

Olympics in Games? The only one I played was this:

maxresdefault.jpg

Took me many, many years before I learned what to do to win there.

Sign in to follow this