NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

Mega Drive Mini (19th September 2019)

I knew I shouldn't have hyped myself up for the possibility of Chiki Chiki Boys and Bomberman '94...

Still, it does look like a pretty worthwhile product. And unlike with the other Mini consoles, I actually don't have access to most of those games already (God, I miss World of Illusion). Will certainly consider an early purchase.

Edited by Jonnas

Asian MD Mini list has been updated! Here’s the last 12 games...

Target Earth 1990 MASAYA
Columns 1990 SEGA
Strider 1990 SEGA
ALISIA DRAGOON 1992 GAME ARTS
Snow Bros. 1993 TENGEN
Slap Fight 1993 TENGEN
Road Rash II 1993 EA Victor
Shining Force II 1993 SEGA
Monster World IV 1994 SEGA
Langrisser II 1994 MASAYA
Darius 2019 TAITO
Tetris® 2019 SEGA

Despite the lack of Dynamite Headdy, the Asian version wins yet again! :D 

Shining Force 2 is an awesome get!

Saw it... I don't need it, I don't need it, I don't need it... :blank:

...but I still want it. :p

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My Life in Gaming  have released their video on the Sega Mega Drive Mini as well, this should be good. :D

I’ve still got no idea if I’m keeping my preorder or not. It’s expensive for something I basically want to sit on a shelf displayed next to my SNES mini.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

I’ve still got no idea if I’m keeping my preorder or not. It’s expensive for something I basically want to sit on a shelf displayed next to my SNES mini.

I cancelled mine to save some money, I can play most of what I want on my Mega SG aside from a handful of titles.

Same for the TurbograFX mini... I won't be getting that because I'll hopefully soon have something that I can play some of the original games on, plus I have a few VC titles on the Wii.

I'm very glad that both of these mini systems exist though and I wouldn't say no to one if I saw either of them for a good price and once the TGmini becomes available elsewhere.

Hmm... the emulation quality doesn't seem quite as perfect as I was hoping for.  Still very good, but not quite at the typical quality that I'd expect from M2.  I guess they're just being stretched too thin as of late; what with them working on this (with it having almost 60 games across all regions), the TG16 mini (which also has almost 60 games!), the Contra and Castlevania Anniversary Collections for Switch/PS4/PC/Xbox One (which also has the brand new localised version of Kid Dracula), Collection of Mana (with the brand new localised version of Trials of Mana that they made!), the SEGA AGES series (which has fallen WAY behind schedule, and a likely casualty of their high current workload) and the ShotTriggers series all at the same time.

When you really look at it, M2 are getting absolutely worked to death! It's probably not surprising that they simply couldn't put the same attention into the MD Mini emulation as they did with SEGA AGES and the VC.

Still getting the Asian version though! The emulation is still good and the game selection is amazing! The sheer value on offer is astounding!

Edited by Dcubed
  • Thanks 1

I cancelled my preorder. I have multiple ways to play the games and if I want a mini to sit on my shelf then I can just 3D print one.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Sign in to follow this