NEurope
Happenstance

Borderlands Game of the Year Edition (PS4, Xbox One, Steam) - 3rd April 2019

Wasn't expecting this to be out as soon as it is. Really don't remember much from the first game so more than happy to return to Pandora as Lilith for another roll. The price may be a bit high considering the price the Handsome Collection launched at though. Still, looking forward to jumping back in again.

Really surprised this isn't on Switch. The original ran really well even on shit hardware (I played it on my old, old laptop), and so it seems like they should be able to get a version running on the Switch.

This isn't available until 3pm this afternoon to tie in with the Borderlands 3 announcement happening at 7am PST (which is 3pm BST). Don't see why it's releasing at that time but whatever. The biggest kicker is that it's priced at £24.99 apparently. Bit high considering the price that the Handsome Collection launched at. Not sure if in picking it up myself yet at that price.

Ended up picking this up after it went live and is forgotten just how brown the game looks. Everything is just different shades of brown: enemies, character models, environments. Definitely the height of the 360/PS3 generation in terms of artistic intent :laughing: So glad they brought more colour with the second game and with the pre-sequel. Still looks good though but then I did always enjoy that cel-shaded look.

Does feel weird going back to the original after playing the second one last year. Definitely feels more stripped back but I'm enjoying revisiting it as I haven't played it since 2009. Do like that they've added the mini-map, though I do still find myself checking the actual map more often so far so not really sure the addition has been worth it in that front.

It still has the same latency for textures popping in that was in the game originally. I'd have thought they'd have sorted that out with the extra power to play with but apparently not. Other than that, it's pretty much spot on.

Never had a chance to play any of the DLC so looking forward to that and intending this to be my long form game that I'll play over the next couple of weeks/months, so should easily eek it out alongside a bunch of smaller indie games that I've got sitting waiting to be played (with more coming in the next few weeks, namely Falcon Age, Heaven's Vault and Jupiter and Mars).

It's pretty much the original Borderlands with a little sprucing up of the visuals. Maybe not worth the full £24.99 price tag but I'm enjoying replaying it so far.