NEurope
MindFreak

Wolfenstein: Youngblood (July 26th)

Just confirmed for a Switch release after long-going rumours. Out July 26th.

THE CITY OF LIGHTS AND BLOOD
Jess and Soph Blazkowicz will stop at nothing to find their father, and that includes taking on the Nazi forces in Paris, France. Establish your home base deep in the Parisian Catacombs and tackle missions in any order you want. Team up with a friend or play with an AI companion and obliterate the Nazi regime.

Along with the newly added co-op system, Youngblood features some newly added RPG elements. Explore Paris and take on the Nazis to level up and unlock new abilities, weapon attachments, gadgets, cosmetics and more. You’ll have access to updated and improved New Colossus weapons like the Dieselkraftwerk, Shockhammer (now called the Kugelgewehr), Laserkraftwerk and more, and you’ll also be able to tear through the fascist hordes with a number of new weapons like the iconic Maschinepistole and the devastatingly powerful Elektrokraftwerk.

A TALE OF TWO STUDIOS
On its face, Youngblood tells the story of two sisters, but behind the scenes, it also tells the story of two sister studios. MachineGames has partnered with the creative talents at Arkane Studios in Lyon to bring you the latest installment in this series.

When you pick up the Wolfenstein: Youngblood Deluxe Edition, you’ll get the Buddy Pass, meaning you can partner up with a friend, even if that friend doesn’t own the game. As long as that friend is playing with you, they’ll be able to download and play Youngblood for free, all thanks to the Buddy Pass. The Buddy Pass can only be provided to one friend at a time, but it can be reused as many times as you want. Those playing using a friend’s Buddy Pass can choose to upgrade to the full game and play on their own or with other players at any time.

In addition to the Buddy Pass, the Deluxe Edition also gets you the Cyborg Skin Pack, a cosmetic pack designed to give you that titanium Terminator look. The Cyborg Skin Pack includes a shiny new skin for the twins’ Power Suits, guns, combat knives and hatchets.

• Like 1

The thread in the Other Console board not good enough for you? :p 

Although this does once again highlight a problem that has occurred on here a few times now...where are these topics supposed to go when it's a multiplatform release? Do topics need to be moved over here or just two created? Saying that, it probably doesn't matter much in the grand scheme of things seeing as we only have about 10 active users, with only 5 of them actually playing games. :D 

• Haha 4

Oh. Didn't notice that it was there - I agree, it is s little problematic that they aren't displayed here as well. I don't care if this is deleted then. :)

Edited by MindFreak

Oh wow! It's coming on the same day and date as the other versions!?

FINALLY! Someone gives a shit! Such a welcome change of pace! :D 

Can't wait to see the sales comparisons.  About time we finally got a fair comparison between Switch and other platforms with a western AAA title!

If only other developers could give enough of a shit about Switch to do the same with their own games...

Wishing Bethesda all of the success in the world with this! Well done you! :peace:

@Dcubed I can't imagine it doing that well for a number of reasons, one of which is that it will be launching against a big Nintendo title in Fire Emblem Three Houses.

6 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

@Dcubed I can't imagine it doing that well for a number of reasons, one of which is that it will be launching against a big Nintendo title in Fire Emblem Three Houses.

Ahh!! I forgot that Three Houses launches on the same day!!

Crud... Its initial sales are probably buggered then :( 

Will probably do better in the long run on Switch though.

Great news that it's coming, and especially that it's day and date with other platforms. I still haven't got round to buying Wolfenstein II - or Doom for that matter - but will hopefully get round to doing so before long.

1 hour ago, bob said:

Merge the boards!

Given the lack of activity this place has its honestly not a bad idea.

• Like 1

All my ideas are good!
  • Haha 1

Even if it releases on the same day as Fire Emblem, and even when that will consume all my time until I'm done with it, I'm getting this dammit.

Gotta support those 3rd party games that are actually worth your money.

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

No it is. I want to have at least one subforum dedicated to Nintendo (the least you can suspect on a Nintendo forum). I also use it as a quick overview to see Nintendo news I need to catch up on, and this is a prime example. I didn't know it was confirmed for Switch until I saw it here in this forum. I just got home.

5 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

No it is. I want to have at least one subforum dedicated to Nintendo (the least you can suspect on a Nintendo forum). I also use it as a quick overview to see Nintendo news I need to catch up on, and this is a prime example. I didn't know it was confirmed for Switch until I saw it here in this forum. I just got home.

It wouldn't have made a difference. You would have still found the Wolfenstein topic but instead of two topics being separated across different sub forums you would have had a single topic that states coming to Switch/PS4/One etc.

As I mentioned, the forum doesn't have that much activity anyway so it's not as if topics and news would get buried. 

Anyway, no need to worry though as I doubt it would ever happen.

10 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

It wouldn't have made a difference. You would have still found the Wolfenstein topic but instead of two topics being separated across different sub forums you would have had a single topic that states coming to Switch/PS4/One etc.

As I mentioned, the forum doesn't have that much activity anyway so it's not as if topics and news would get buried. 

Anyway, no need to worry though as I doubt it would ever happen.

I don't want the Nintendo and non-Nintendo stuff mixed. I'll go check the other consoles forum when I want to check the other news.

I've mentioned this before, but threads are hardcoded to exist in a single subforum (/catagory). The ideal solution would be to have threads be able to exist in multiple subforums/catagories, that's how I would do it, but we both agree that's never going to happen.

17 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

I don't want the Nintendo and non-Nintendo stuff mixed. I'll go check the other consoles forum when I want to check the other news.

I've mentioned this before, but threads are hardcoded to exist in a single subforum (/catagory). The ideal solution would be to have threads be able to exist in multiple subforums/catagories, that's how I would do it, but we both agree that's never going to happen.

I don't know much about the forum's backend structure. But wouldn't this be possible with the tags you can attach to topics (like how the General Switch Discussion has a switch tag)? So everything tagged nintendo, switch, or ds winds up here. Stuff tagged differently ends up in the Other Consoles bit.

To be honest I don't even know how to add tags to topics, but there must be someone here who does.

I'd quote @Hero-of-Time, but he wouldn't see it anyway. Passive Aggressive Dig over!

Kinda defeats the main purpose of N-Europe if Nintendo wasn't the focus, wouldn't it?

Ideally, people would check the Other Consoles board for any ongoing threads and ask a mod to move it over to Nintendo Gaming whenever Switch gets in on a multiplatform release of one is already there.

Unless this game was just revealed, then it should have been put on this board in the first place.

Edited by Glen-i

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

I'd quote @Hero-of-Time, but he wouldn't see it anyway. Passive Aggressive Dig over!

Kinda defeats the main purpose of N-Europe if Nintendo wasn't the focus, wouldn't it?

Ideally, people would check the Other Consoles board for any ongoing threads and ask a mod to move it over to Nintendo Gaming whenever Switch gets in on a multiplatform release of one is already there.

Unless this game was just revealed, then it should have been put on this board in the first place.

Switch wasn't confirmed when this was revealed. It was just confirmed yesterday along with the release date. 

• Thanks 1

Is it possible to make a shortcut to a topic on another board?

Or have a stickied topic with links to all multiplatform games?

It appears that the game may not actually be getting a physical release at all on the Switch. The Amazon listing over in the US says...

Contains digital download code. No cartridge

That's the only confirmation of it so far so it may just be a mistake on their part. Saying that, it may explain why a bunch of UK retailers haven't put up the Switch version for preorder yet.

• Weird 1

Well that's poo...

Hope they don't end up pulling this with DOOM Eternal...

Bethesda have confirmed that the physical release doesn't come with a cartridge. I don't really see the point in them even releasing it physically if they don't include anything in the box

Yeah, it makes no sense except for marketing - having your game on a shelf makes it more explicit and makes it easier for people to impulsively buy it.

Just a heads-up, but at least me and @londragon I believe have the deluxe version, meaning we have access to the "buddy pass". As far as I can tell, there's actually nothing for me to share on my end, I simply have the ability to invite anyone with the game, including people with the trial version. I don't know what other options you have with the trial version, but those interested in the game, but not enough to actually buy it, may as well download it. it's a 22 GB download though.

I know @nekunando is interested, but anyone else are also welcome to join me for a game.

That said, while I'll probably be available tonight, Sunday and monday evening, but starting tuesday it's Fire Emblem time.

Mine is in transit/delivery. Considering the distance, shouldn’t get it until a week Tuesday. But if anyone is interested in playing a little, like@Smeagol says, download the trial version and I’ll drop my buddy code here, and playing times when I get it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've played this for about 1,5 hours yesterday in co-op with @Sméagol through his buddy pass (cheers for that!).

First of all, to co-op with the free version you need a buddy, but also a Bethesda account so if you don't have one you will need to put in your email address. From the time I had with the game it was good fun. The action is nice and fast, and I love the alternate reality 80s. I had some trouble with spotting enemies in the distance though, maybe due to the lower resolution. On the plus side I didn't notice any annoying framedrops. 

I got a couple of upgrades but it is still to early to say something about how the RPG elements work. I also expected more co-op moments besides the occasional "pull two levers at the same time". There could be a lot more co-op elements.

I think all in all I would need to see more from it to get a good conclusion. It's a game I may pick up in a sale, but it's also a game that I would prefer to play on PC. If anything, I think I'm going to try the first two reboot games first.

• Thanks 1