NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

Streets of Rage 4

Weird...I thought we had a topic for this already? I guess the initial announcement was in the indie thread or something. ::shrug:

Anyway, here's a new trailer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

11 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Weird...I thought we had a topic for this already? I guess the initial announcement was in the indie thread or something. ::shrug:

In the SEGA Ages thread. Probably should've been split out.

Still not completely sold on the art style, but the game does look good.

• Thanks 1

Looks amazing! It just looks satisfying to punch someone!

Looking forward to this! :D 

• Thanks 1

They absolutely have to nail the soundtrack on this! Make or break.

If Yuzo Koshiro is involved, hopefully he'll continue to plagiarise *cough* take inspiration from late 80s/early 90s house: ;)

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, RedShell said:

They absolutely have to nail the soundtrack on this! Make or break.

If Yuzo Koshiro is involved, hopefully he'll continue to plagiarise *cough* take inspiration from late 80s/early 90s house: ;)

He is brilliant!  His tunes in Etrian Odyssey are also stunning.  I remember the first time I heard Stage 7 from the original Streets of Rage and instantly loved it.  Even though it wasn't the sort of music I was into outside of games, it just gave off this feeling of cool.

As for Streets of Rage 4, I must admit I am a bit surprised the graphics still aren't a bit more detailed.  I do like cartoony graphics in general, but it doesn't yet have the same look as the earlier games.  In terms of gameplay, though, I think they're going to nail it.  The video has all the hallmarks of SOR, including grabbing someone, then somersaulting over them so you can do different types of throws!  I've played an awful lot of beat-'em-ups and you come to realise that there are only a couple that really get it 100% right - Final Fight and Streets of Rage 2 are two of them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Confirmed for Switch as well as PS4/Xbox One

New character, Cherry Hunter.

Still no release window.

• Like 2

content-4-35933-streetsofrage4switchbanner.jpg

Up on the front page, latest press release, a brief write-up and that reveal trailer. :D

I can't wait to play this when it comes out on the Switch. :peace:

(a boxed physical release as quickly as is humanly possible please) ;)

• Thanks 1

content-4-36050-streetsofrage4behindscenesbanner.jpg

Streets of Rage 4 behind the scenes video

A great video over on the Dotemu Official YouTube Channel which outlines some of the development process behind...

Streets   of Rage  

Check the article on the main page for a short write up and the video. :D

Edited by S.C.G
  • Thanks 1

content-4-36149-streetsofrage4behindtheartbanner.jpg

Streets   of Rage   'Behind the Art' video

Another behind the scenes video from the developers this time focusing on the art.

Well worth checking out. :)

• Thanks 1

content-4-36157-streetsofrage4floydbanner.jpg

Streets   of Rage   4   trailer debuts final playable character Floyd and Four Player Local Co-Op

Floyd looks like Max and Zan from Streets of Rage II & III respectively plus Jax from Mortal Kombat combined. :D

Two player online is nice but Four Player Local Co-op!?! That's a huge addition right there. :)

No confirmed release date but it is coming out in the Spring which isn't that far away.

I just hope the gap between the initial release and the Limited Run Games physical release isn't too long.

Edited by S.C.G
  • Thanks 2

Yep, seen that and I've been thinking that although that Classic Edition is nice, I'll just get the standalone game, also I don't know why the reversible art isn't the colourful art they've been using for the promotion of the game so far but it's a physical copy of Streets of Rage 4 so I'm not complaining. :)

Interesting that they will be running this pre-order from Friday until a week after the digital release, the date of which isn't confirmed.

It's going to be a long wait for this one.

When I saw Max I was really looking forward to seeing him hand drawn, but I'm surprised they're using the classic sprites instead.  It's probably because of the people who complained about the graphical style, as if to say "See?!! The new style is better!" :hehe: As much as I love pixel art, to see the 16-sprites is a surprise.

Great news that it'll be out soon.

Excellent stuff. Not sure how the SoR1 sprites will translate into the new game, what with the limited move set and that. Unless they’ve added animations to them. 

Looking damn good, shame they won’t confirm the release date though. 

Just now, Dog-amoto said:

Looking damn good, shame they won’t confirm the release date though. 

Yeah, it's very weird that both the UK and AU eShops had the exact same date. Usually the pages would go up with TBA on them if nothing had been confirmed. Very strange.

Sign in to follow this