NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Dcubed

Shantae and the Seven Sirens

Well... I was waiting for that announcement, I'm not really buying as many limited release Switch games as I used to but the Shantae games are ones which I tend to go for the physical versions wherever possible, I'll likely just go for the standard edition though as even though the soundtrack is surely spectacular, I'm not sure it's worth paying double the base price for, but it's probably worth it for anyone who wants all of the other extra items in that collector's edition. :)

Looking forward to hopefully playing the game soon, though I do need to play a lot of the previous games before that as well. :D

*flips table* noooo! Ah well, plenty of other games to play until then.

• Haha 1

Only a couple of weeks.  I’m impressed it wasn’t affected and delayed longer to be honest.

Just started this yesterday and played for half an hour or so. Looking forward to getting more into it.

I have spent about 8 hours on this and I do enjoy it. I don't think it's up there with Pirate's Curse but this is still a solid entry in the Shantae-series and a welcome one at that after the low point that was Half-Genie Hero.

I think they did a good job on the transformations and dances this time around, with transformations being allocated to specific buttons instead of dances and dances being more overall changes to the world. This makes the game more fluid, though I don't really like the first dance - at least give us an indication that it can be used.

The world is big but not too big and the warp rooms are placed adequately. I just wish I could mark rooms of interest for later.

All in all, enjoying the game very much.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

And done. 8:45 with a 70 % item collection. I missed some squids, about 6 of them, I guess, and then a lot of cards. Not something I feel the need to collect, used the cards very little during my playthrough. 

Overall, I enjoyed the game but it was a tad on the easy side and combat became a bit of a chore. I think the series needs to add a little more depth to the combat, perhaps some dodging ability would be nice. 

Not related to this game, but it's definitely Shantae related...

ShantaeLRG.png.573d12d17eb986c5a70bb15399ffc473.png

Shantae GBC re-release amongst other Shantae games for Switch, now available.*

*not an affiliate link, only promoting because it's a significant re-release.

• Thanks 1

This came out a couple of years ago and I had no idea!

Adds 4 new gameplay modes, including a reworked "Definitive" mode that increases the difficulty to something resembling the older games.

Might have to give this a try at some point :)

Sign in to follow this