NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

Cadence of Hyrule

39 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

Started playing this but finding it a bit awkward to get to grips with right away. I think I’m going to try it on the one you don’t need to keep the beat with first. 

Yep, gonna agree with @Hero-of-Time on this. Use fixed beat to get a handle on how enemies move and then when you understand it a bit more, switch it back and try it to the beat.

The hardest part about this is remembering how to tackle enemies while constantly moving. Still try to move to the beat in fixed beat when you feel it's safe to try it, but pause when you need more time.

• Thanks 1

Thanks @Ronnie and @Hero-of-Time  and @Glen-i I’m sticking  with it as I really want to enjoy it. I’m totally lost at points, but have somehow made my way 

Spoiler

Through the lost woods, to what I assume is a dungeon and started on that. Have a fourth heart so hope that helps me stay alive. I have the spin attack and that seems to help me. 

I think I just need to remember it needs to be played differently to any other Zelda. In that I can’t just charge at enemies and attack.  I am starting to get the patterns and adjust accordingly. 

Edited by BowserBasher
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, BowserBasher said:

Thanks @Ronnie and @Hero-of-Time  I’m sticking with it as I really want to enjoy it. I’m totally lost at points, but have somehow made my way 

Progress (Reveal hidden contents)

Through the lost woods, to what I assume is a dungeon and started on that. Have a fourth heart so hope that helps me stay alive. I have the spin attack and that seems to help me. 

I think I just need to remember it needs to be played differently to any other Zelda. In that I can’t just charge at enemies and attack.  I am starting to get the patterns and adjust accordingly. 

Good to see you're getting the hang of it and starting to enjoy it more.

Yeah, half of the battle is knowing how the enemies are going to react to the beat. Once you learn the way they move and attack then the game becomes pretty easy.

Make sure to play around with any new weapons you find. There may be some that suit your play style more than others. I found that the one that can attack 2 squares ahead of you were my favs to use.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

Thanks @Ronnie and @Hero-of-Time  and @Glen-i I’m sticking  with it as I really want to enjoy it. I’m totally lost at points, but have somehow made my way 

Progress (Hide contents)

Nice one. Might be worth going exploring a bit if you're struggling, I remember getting 2 or 3 extra hearts at the beginning and that was a big help. Save your gems and buy any heart pieces at each game over for instance.

Eventually the beat and enemy attacks really do become second nature and you'll be running around with no trouble taking anything out and barely ever dying. Game feels amazing at times like this.

Edited by Ronnie
  • Thanks 1

Beat the dungeon I was in. Actually started moving to the beat to beat the boss, still had it in fixed beat but found using the beat helped. Built up my hearts too from all the deaths and buying the heart pieces in the death room. 

Will be continuing playing this as I’m starting to get into it more. I’m trying to use the beat more whilst still in fixed beat mode for now. Then I’ll go through again later on normal mode. 

• Like 1

content-4-36089-cadenceofhyrulefreedlcbanner.jpg

Nintendo have released a new update for Cadence of Hyrule which includes free DLC titled Octavo's Ode

Free dlc, out of nowhere for Cadence of Hyrule, which is available... right now! :D

(can we have that physical version now Nintendo? Or whenever more possible planned dlc has finished being released for the game)

• Thanks 1

With the addition of Dungeon Mode, this is basically Crypt of the Necrodancer but with a Zelda theme.

Now I wish I bought this a week ago when it was on sale :D Well, next time!

Just finished the game. Took me almost 5 hours.

Best Zelda game in ages. No wonder, since it hasn't been developed by Nintendo.
Brace Yourself Games managed to make the Crypt of the Necrodancer formula work with AlttP. The result is marvelous.

Perfect gameplay, catchy remixes of beloved Zelda tunes, gorgeous to look at.

A little light on content, though. Expected a little more for the price, but I don't regret the purchase. It was too much fun.

Probably won't go for an Octavo playthrough right away, though. It doesn't change that much and the world (even though it's randomized to a certain degree) is still too fresh in my mind.

• Haha 1

Had a quick go and it seems much harder than the standard game. Probably because enemies now occasionally wear a mask that absorbs one hit. Not sure if I'm too fond of that design choice. There are better ways to increase difficulty (like adding new enemies, which the devs also did).

Anyways, will get back to it now and properly give it a go :D

• Like 1

Gotta say, I'm surprised:

Spoiler

It is an actual dungeon. With puzzles. :o
In the standard game the dungeons were basically just Crypt of the Necrodancer-esque levels, but here there are Zelda-like rooms to explore and puzzles to solve.

Granted, the general ideas behind the puzzles do repeat themselves, but they are quite varied given that they are often based on different enemies.

Still, I'm positively surprised :D

Lovely DLC, so far. Was a little taken aback by the smaller map, but the dungeons seem to make up for that.
It's also refreshingly more difficult. While I still don't like the masked enemies, there's more enemy variation making the screens harder to navigate. Already died more than in the standard game :laughing:

Edited by drahkon
  • Like 1

I seem to be close to the end but I'm missing so much stuff and I have no idea where to find it. So I assume there's more to come?

Anyways, something is a little off with the beats. Quite often I miss 'em and I don't know why. Updated the latency settings, but it doesn't help.
I read around the web and it seems to be a common problem. Pretty big deal, given that that's the mechanic the game's built around :hmm:

Biggest issue, however, is still the fact there are only three save slots. You can't switch between game modes once you've chosen a slot and have to delete one, if all three are full and you want to play a different mode. Devs apparently are trying to figure something out regarding that...one can only hope.

On 9/26/2020 at 11:34 AM, drahkon said:

So I assume there's more to come?

Nope, that was it.

Nice little DLC that kind of just adds more of the same with a few new mechanics that don't change the game too much.

Very enjoyable experience over all :)

Sign in to follow this