NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

Cadence of Hyrule

8 hours ago, Glen-i said:

There you go @drahkon, will you shut up about me not buying it now!?

Yes.

But did you buy Furi already? DID YOU?

• Haha 2

Just now, drahkon said:

Yes.

But did you buy Furi already? DID YOU?

No, I don't wanna!

@Dcubed has it and I don't think I'd enjoy it very much.

Just now, Glen-i said:

@Dcubed has it and I don't think I'd enjoy it very much.

Then you are still half-dead to me. :p 

• Haha 1

Glen-i, are you going to join the "Bought it but didn't play it" club? It's the perfect club to join if you want to annoy drahkon!

Okay, fine, I'll make some time to play the damn thing.

Edited by Jonnas
  • Haha 1

I wonder what our chances are for a physical Crypt of the Necrodancer + Cadence of Hyrule combo release on one cart?

I'm kind of thinking of holding out for that if so. :D

3 hours ago, Jonnas said:

Glen-i, are you going to join the "Bought it but didn't play it" club? It's the perfect club to join if you want to annoy drahkon!

Okay, fine, I'll make some time to play the damn thing.

As much as I love @drahkon getting annoyed (almost as much as him getting drunk), I can't deny that Necrodancer is a really good rhythm game. Even if it is really hard. It is absolutely genius how they've gotten two radically different genres, put them together and not made it a complete and utter mess.

I have always been meaning to get it.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 2

Alright then, I finally tried out Crypt of the Necrodancer today. It's pretty sweet, and I can see myself sinking a few hours into it.

Took me a while to realise "Zone 5" was DLC, though. I thought it was weird that it was already open from the get go.

Edited by Jonnas

... so how many other people went ahead and bought Crypt of the Necrodancer because of this announcement?

I know that me and @Glen-i did... AND IT KICKS ARSE! :D 

• Thanks 1

The collaboration happened when Aonuma and Miyamoto played the original when it came to Switch and fell in love with the game!

As a dev you can’t ask for much better praise or validation than that!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

The collaboration happened when Aonuma and Miyamoto played the original when it came to Switch and fell in love with the game!

Man, can you just imagine what the people at Brace Yourself games must think about this situation? Going from porting one of their games to the Switch to working on a Zelda spin-off based off of that game.

Marin in Hyrule Warriors probably says it best.

3ab.jpg

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 1

On 3/22/2019 at 12:32 PM, Ronnie said:

I think I've watched the Cadence of Hyrule trailer a dozen times. I'm way more excited about it than the Link's Awakening remake tbh.

I really hope if it sells well (which it will) it'll open the door to other indie devs being given the keys to Nintendo properties. Team Cherry or Image & Form could make an amazing Metroid game. Or use indies to ressurect long lost properties, say Shin'en for F-Zero or the Celeste devs for Ice Climber.

I guess the question then becomes what's in it for Nintendo to keep doing that, when they can just make their own games and make the money themselves. I think what Hyrule Warriors, Mario + Rabbids and now Cadence of Hyrule has shown is that they like to loan out their IP as long as the game mechanics are something brand new and unexpected, not the sort of game structure they would ever make on their own, which diversifies the IP and keeps their own flavour intact for their own installments.

Jesus Christ, Ronnie.

I'm just here casually looking for some Zelda related thread on N-Europe after a long hiatus, and now I have to deal with months of fantasizing about said opportunities.

:laughing: It's all good son, I really hope they do this!

• Like 1

Aonuma is a ledge...Majora's Mask and BoTW, then this...what more can you ask for?

37 minutes ago, Sheikah said:
6 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Aonuma is a ledge...Majora's Mask and BoTW, then this...what more can you ask for?

Seems a lovely guy too

3 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I can't be the only one seeing the irony of that article title, right?

Also, there was a newsletter e-mail about games coming out in May that included Cadence of Hyrule. So it'd be more of a surprise if it didn't come out this week.
Oh well, I'm looking forward to it anyway.

Hylia! It looks SO GOOD! :D 

The spritework is amazing too! Man. I’d love a new 2D Zelda game with these sprites!

1 minute ago, Dcubed said:

I’d love a new 2D Zelda game with these sprites!

Agreed.

With the release date being June, I wonder if that updated 20th June date in the NoA eshop source code is true?

Literally the only game on the Switch I'm interested in :D 

I'll make one of my best friends buy the game (by the way, how many of you have bought Crypt of the Necrodancer? BUY IT :p) and then just crash at his place for a while (or steal his Switch).

6 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Agreed.

With the release date being June, I wonder if that updated 20th June date in the NoA eshop source code is true?

I'd be willing to bet money on it.  I'd imagine that pre-loading would start right after the E3 Direct.

What I want to know is when I can get my hands on that Crypt of the Necrdancer & Cadence of Hyrule physical release double pack. ;)

Come on Nintendo, don't let me down! :D

content-4-35804-cadenceofhyrulebanner.jpg

Six new screenshots for Cadence of Hyrule.

That should tide us over until it's shadow-dropped at E3. :D

4 minutes ago, markderoos said:

Any word on pricing yet?

Nope, but my bet is on £19.99 which would make it about feasible to make it a physical release as well I'm hoping. :D

if it's cheaper than that, I'll be pleasantly surprised. :smile:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sign in to follow this