NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Sméagol

Gris

To be honest, I should have made a thread a long time ago.

If for some reason you're not yet familiar with this game, it's an atmospheric and artistically stunning platformer with some light puzzle elements. I thought it was fantastic. Slightly hypocritical since I don't really like Inside, though they are very similar games, but I think the art, music and atmosphere are that much better. I'm a sucker for good 2D animation.

Anyway, I'm creating a thread now, because it seems Gris is getting a physical release from Special Reserved Games. No other details as of now, but I'll let you know when I'm buying the game for a second time.

• Thanks 2

On 19/03/2019 at 9:26 PM, Sméagol said:

but I'll let you know when I'm buying the game for a second time.

And that will be end of the month.

This will be my 3rd Special Reserves games, and my 8th game from these limited physical release distributors.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Tomorrow the physical copies will be up for pre-order.

In the meantime, this was announced:

GRIS_Gatefold-FBcover.JPG?v=1561340772

https://store.iam8bit.com/products/gris-2xlp-vinyl-soundtrack

Edit:

Collector's Edition contents announced:

h.png

250 dollars whoops! I was afraid of that..

But there are cheaper options. You can buy the game with an artbook ($ 80,-) or just the game ($ 35,-).

Edited by Sméagol

That is an insane special edition, definitely just the physical game for me. :indeed:

Time to sell some other stuff from my collection to pay for all these limited release physical Switch games. ::shrug:

After long "deliberation" (rationality kicked in, I was hoping for the signature edition to sell out before I gave in so the decision would be made for me, and it did sell out, that said, if there's a waitlist I may get on it), I opted for the game + artbook bundle. This is the size of the artbook:

Gris-PreOrder-HoldingBook_A.png?width=63

This bundle is still available.

Edited by Sméagol

Finally played through this last night & earlier on today and really enjoyed it. The music and the visuals were outstanding, had a similar vibe to Hollow Knight in some areas. Gris moves a little slowly on foot but the double jump is so satisfying when you finally get it. 

I played through it all on my TV and still had trouble making Gris out when the camera pulled back - can't imagine it being very well suited to handheld play in those moments. 

• Thanks 2

Sign in to follow this