Nindies Showcase Spring 2019 - 20/03, 4pm UK time

content-4-35737-nindiesshowcasespring2019banner.jpg

N-Europe's Roundup article of the showcase. :peace:

(PR stuff plus a link to the video)

A good showing, I thought. :smile:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

45 minutes ago, Dog-amoto said:

Doubt I’ll buy Cuphead. As much as I like the art style, it just looks a rage inducing nightmare. Probably why I never picked it up on Xbox. 

Yeah, I am a bit afraid of this as well. It's supposed to be rather difficult. But then again, I enjoyed Enter the Gungeon and Hollow Knight so it just has to be a fair kind of difficult.

1 minute ago, MindFreak said:

Yeah, I am a bit afraid of this as well. It's supposed to be rather difficult. But then again, I enjoyed Enter the Gungeon and Hollow Knight so it just has to be a fair kind of difficult.

It's completely fair.  It's definitely the good kind of difficulty.  Tough but fair.

It does have an easy mode if you find it too hard though.

Edited by Dcubed
  • Like 1

Another really solid showcase, really liked the look of The Red Lantern (recognised Ashly Burch straight away) & Creature In The Well. Have no knowledge of Crypt of the Necrodancer beyond knowing the name but the Zelda collaboration has definitely got me interested. 

Obviously Cuphead is a great addition to the platform. I really like that early Disney cartoon vibe it has, and seeing it on Switch means that Microsoft and Nintendo are really hitting it off. Never played Blaster Master, might try the first one if that gets a sale soon. I loved the ending of the Showcase, insane to see such a big franchise go to an indie. I really do hope this opens the floodgates. 

The game that intrigued me most was The Red Lantern. I got a bit of that Firewatch vibe, but also the danger/exploration of Subnautica. And I love an arctic setting.

So they went for a David Attenborough theme. "Here's a cute animal? Isn't it cute? IT'S IN DANGER NOW!"

(shame the presenters weren't also in danger but hey ho)

Weird that Firewatch hasn't entered the sale yet. 

• Thanks 1

Excuse my language but that was fucking awesome. Presentation, pace, game selection, surprises, they nailed it all. They've really been on fire when it comes to Directs these past couple of years.

I'll be buying probably three out of every four games shown, what a great selection.

Nice mention of Microsoft in the Cuphead segment too. Probably just the start of their games being ported to Switch. Also Nintendo sharing the Zelda IP to indie devs now?? I can't imagine they would do it unless they were 100% confident in the quality. Cadence of Hyrule looks awesome.

Also kudos to Nintendo for continuing to do such a great job promoting indie games and their devs.

Another reminder how fantastic the Switch is. :heart:

Cuphead (18-04-2019) - Must-buy. Waiting for physical release
Overland (Autumn) - Most likely. Together with Mario + Rabbids and the also announced Mutant Year Zero.. Who needs Xcom? Too late Firaxis.
My Friend Pedro (June) - Maybe. Looks cool, but too many games..
Neo Cab (Summer) - Maybe. Another cab game? Not a fan of the artstyle, but atmosphere is good.
The Red Lantern ("later" 2019) - Likely. Digging the atmosphere.
Darkwoord (May) - Very unlikely. Not a fan of artstyle, topdown, or crafting.
Katana Zero (18-04) - Must-buy. Looks fucking awesome.
Rad (Summer) - Unlikely. Want to like something by Doublefine, but trailer is not impressive. I do like the powerup system though.
Creature in the Well (Summer) - Likely. Digging the atmosphere, and yes to more pinball mashups.
Bloodroots (Summer) - Maybe. Action looks good, but with all the other stuff.. This is just not high priority.
Pine (August) - Maybe. Visually not impressive, but could be interesting. Need to see more.
Super Crate Box (04-2019) - No. Doesn't look interesting.
Nuclear Throne (Now) - No. Cool game, but I already have it on Steam, and I'm shit at it..
Vlambeer Arcade ("later" 2019) - Maybe. Could be fun to have a growing library of arcade style minigames for short sessions.
Swim Sanity (Summer) - No. Setting and gameplay don't appeal to me.
Blaster Master Zero 2 (NOW) - Already bought motherfuckers. Do the same.
Stranger things the game (04-07-2019) - Maybe. It's a cool promotion, but in hindsight, the game doesn't look super impressive (though not bad either). Should be released just before the show really.
Cadence of Hyrule (Spring 2019) - Maybe. Crypt of the Necromancer never appealed to me. Gameplay sounds so weird I really need a demo first. So same applies to this game. But like I said in its thread, it's a slick trailer.

And there are even some games announced outside this Nindie Direct.

Edited by Sméagol
  • Haha 1

On 20/03/2019 at 9:18 PM, Ashley said:

Weird that Firewatch hasn't entered the sale yet. 

Does anyone know when this is supposed to happen? I thought perhaps it was going to be part of the Thursday updates to the shop but nope.

22 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Does anyone know when this is supposed to happen? I thought perhaps it was going to be part of the Thursday updates to the shop but nope.

Some of the games are only on sale in the US eShop, including Firewatch.

14 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Some of the games are only on sale in the US eShop, including Firewatch.

Curses!

(To Nintendo, not to you)

Sign in to follow this