NEurope
Glen-i

N-Europe's Top 10 (Voting over, check first post for results)

Yeah, I try my best to catch any spelling mistakes, but I had no clue what that was meant to be.

@S.C.G, when you get the time, could you do me a solid and remove the brackets from that quote in the article?

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Yeah, I try my best to catch any spelling mistakes, but I had no clue what that was meant to be.

@S.C.G, when you get the time, could you do me a solid and remove the brackets from that quote in the article?

Sure no worries, but... I had no clue what it was meant to be either, even when @Jonnas highlighted it, so I corrected the spelling mistake and left the rest as it was. ::shrug:

This is how it looks at the moment... (in the admin area as I'm still editing)

And the soundtrack is all arrangements of classical music with each ma. It's fantastic to keep hearing new-yet-familiar tracks up until the end of the game.

Unless I'm misunderstanding something, should it read...

And the soundtrack is all arrangements of classical music with each map. It's fantastic to keep hearing new-yet-familiar tracks up until the end of the game.

Does "ma" need correcting to "map"? I don't know as I haven't played the game so it could just be a technical term I've never heard of or an abbriviation.

No, knowing myself, it was meant to be a full sentence, but I kinda... stopped writing it. And then missed it in proofreading :woops: I no longer quite remember what I wanted to write there, but the most sensible thing would be "each major boss having a unique track". Deleting it would also make sense, and be probably more fair.

Man, this is shameful. I'm not usually this cl

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Jonnas said:

No, knowing myself, it was meant to be a full sentence, but I kinda... stopped writing it. And then missed it in proofreading :woops: I no longer quite remember what I wanted to write there, but the most sensible thing would be "each major boss having a unique track". Deleting it would also make sense, and be probably more fair.

Man, this is shameful. I'm not usually this cl

See now that makes pefect sense to me, so I've now changed it to that. :D

Well, that wasn't too many edits so I'd say that's another job well done by everyone on the Top Ten Wii Games article. :smile:

Look out for the Top Ten 3DS Games, coming soon. :peace:

• Thanks 3

• Xenoblade Chronicles X
  • Splatoon
  • Yoshi's Woolly World
  • Terraria
  • Tokyo Mirage Sessions

I can vote for Xenoblade Chronicles X just for the soundtrack alone, right?? :p 

• Thanks 3

17 minutes ago, Sofiz said:
  • Xenoblade Chronicles X
  • Splatoon
  • Yoshi's Woolly World
  • Terraria
  • Tokyo Mirage Sessions

I can vote for Xenoblade Chronicles X just for the soundtrack alone, right?? :p 

Well it certainly makes me laugh at least!

It's err... unique.  I'll give it that!

• Weird 1

Oh, so we hate Japanese, nu-metal inspired soundtracks do we now? (15 years after the genre deservedly perished, no less)
Must have missed the memo on that one... :D

Seriously though, XCX’s OST is amazing. I totally get why people hate it, but I absolutely loved it. The absolute balls of Monolith Soft to make THAT the OST of their biggest and most ambitious game to date deserves respect. Uh’ uh’ yeeeeeeeeah.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wii U games? Easiest selections yet... ;)

Here are my picks...

• Bayonetta 2
  • Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
  • Mario Kart 8
  • Pikmin 3
  • The Wonderful 101

Again, I'm just going for the games I've enjoyed playing the most. :D

Look out for the N-E Top Ten 3DS Games coming soon to the main site. :peace:

• Thanks 3

It's the last day for nominations.

Edited by Glen-i

I've never owned the WiiU, but I've got enough games I played and want in the list so here we go:

- Bayonetta 2

- Mario Kart 8

- Shovel Knight

- Shantae and the Pirate's Curse

- The Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild

• Thanks 3

Just realised I haven't nominated for Wii U yet so here goes:

Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Batman: Arkham City

Super Mario Maker

Xenoblade Chronicles X

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Nominations are now closed.

This shortlist has 17 games on it. All of them got at least 2 nominations.

Spoiler
  • Bayonetta 2
  • Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
  • Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
  • Mario Kart 8
  • Nintendo Land
  • Pikmin 3
  • Shovel Knight
  • Splatoon
  • Star Fox Zero
  • Super Mario Maker
  • Super Mario 3D World
  • Super Smash Bros. for WiiU
  • The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  • The Wonderful 101
  • Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE
  • Xenoblade Chronicles X
  • Yoshi's Woolly World
  • Voting must be done via Private Messages sent to me. This will help to prevent any possible tactical voting.
  • You must choose 3 games and order them from your favourite to least favourite.
  • It'd be great if you could explain why you chose a game in the PM. I can then use these in the article that will go up on the N-Europe front page.
  • I will abstain from these votes and act as a tiebreaker. If two games tie, I'll decide which game comes out on top.

Voting closes on the 17th of August.

I've also edited the first post to include the Top Ten Wii List.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 3

Heh, this is the last one and it's the first time I can recall one of my nominations not making the list.

I'll send the PM over to you shortly.

Voting is now over.

Like I said before, the Switch is still alive and healthy, so there's no point in doing a top ten.

So all that's left is to wait for the articles to come out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Thanks a lot for your effort @Glen-i! This topic has been a blast and one the most fun topics @ N-Europe I’ve participated in!

• Like 3

Needless to say, I've had a lot of fun with this project. I'm still not too keen on the Top 3 voting system (poor Castlevania...), and there were definitely a few heartbreaks (Tatsunoko got super snubbed), but it still allowed some stars to shine through (EBA!), and it did allow for some very comprehensive opinions for the articles.

Congratulations to everybody involved.

• Thanks 2

Yep, I'd say that @Glen-i has done a fantastic job with keeping the N-E Top Ten Games hype train running. :D

@Dcubed as well because I know he's contributed to the write-ups :smile: and of course @RedShell has done some fantastic work with the main graphics. :peace:

And I helped... a little bit... :heh: I've enjoyed making up the themed banners and formatting the articles (and making mistakes along the way) :indeed: it's all part of the fun.

I meant to have the Top Ten 3DS Games article up by now but I've been having a few computer issues, nothing too major but that took up a bit of time unfortunately.

Still, I've got all the banners done, I just spent most of this evening piecing them together and I'll likely do the text formatting tomorrow so who knows... ::shrug:

...this time tomorrow evening, it might just be up on the main page. :grin:

And then I can start on the Wii U banners, so all in all... the N-Europe Top Ten Games articles should all be finished either before this month is out or... fairly soon. :)

Thanks again to the N-Europe community for contributing to all of the top ten's as we couldn't have made it without you all. :heart:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

content-4-35930-netop103dsarticlebanner.jpg

Here is the final article for our Top Ten 3DS Games. :D

Thanks to @RedShell for the 3DS-centric banner/side graphics. :cool:

and  @Glen-i plus @Dcubed once again for the well-written, informative and enjoyable write-ups. :peace:

Also thanks to the N-E community for contributing, the 3DS is a console which I can say that I've had my fill of but at the same time need to play lots more. :)

(my contribution was making the game banners in the article and getting it uploaded) :smile:

The 3DS banner is mostly cut-pasted from the DS banner, I found some better buttons, so used those, going with the New 3DS XL layout.

Some notes on the banners... one of the titles the images used are not for the 3DS version but I couldn't not use images from the Switch port. :heart:

And for another of the banners... I know that maybe some of the characters might be from the sequel to it but I really liked the art, so... ::shrug:

(also... there were two games which no one provided thoughts for, so I whipped up a couple of short insights for those, got to keep the article format consistency) ;) 

Enjoy! And here's to the last? one. :grin:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

It seems my bold prediction did not come true! :heh:

This list just reminds me that there's still a big catalogue of games for the 3DS I haven't touched yet. Rest assured, though, Link Between Worlds is next on my list as soon as I finish Dragon Quest III

• Thanks 1

Surprised that KIU didn't end up scoring higher.  Nice to see Pilotwings sneaking in there though! :) 

No love for Miitopia makes me sad. :( I don't think anyone even nominated that gem of a game. :nono: 

Also, neither Kirby: Triple Deluxe or Kirby: Planet Robobot made the the top 10? 

Image result for triple h disgust gif

No love for Miitopia makes me sad.  I don't think anyone even nominated that gem of a game. :nono: 
Also, neither Kirby: Triple Deluxe or Kirby: Planet Robobot made the the top 10? 
DZTXhmC.gif
Did YOU nominate it?
  • Like 1