NEurope
Glen-i

N-Europe's Top 10 (Voting over, check first post for results)

I’ve nominated Luigi’s Mansion 2 instead but it had made me thinking.

Pokemon Ultra Sun, Ultra Moon, Sun and Moon count as the same game and so any nomination get’s added up making it a lot easier to get into the list and end up high.

But the Fates games get counted as single entries and won’t get added up? 

19 minutes ago, markderoos said:

I’ve nominated Luigi’s Mansion 2 instead but it had made me thinking.

Pokemon Ultra Sun, Ultra Moon, Sun and Moon count as the same game and so any nomination get’s added up making it a lot easier to get into the list and end up high.

But the Fates games get counted as single entries and won’t get added up? 

You're misunderstanding. You can't vote for Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Ultra Sun as two separate games, you can only nominate them as one entity. This is because the majority of the content is the same. Like all mainline Pokémon games.

Fire Emblem Fates is very similar to the Oracle games in the Zelda series, two separate games that have different content between the two.

If you really want, you can use two nominations on Birthright and Conquest.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 2

That would mean 3 nominations on Fates ;)

Like I said I’ve nominated another game. Just wanted a better understanding of the reasoning behind some choices. Your game, your rules! 

Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Boxboy!

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

Nintendo Pocket Football Club

Metroid: Samus Returns

There are still so many 3DS games I need to play through, most of the games I played were remasters and Virtual Console releases

• Thanks 3

This is a frustrating list of nominations to compile.. not because it there are too many candidates but because there may be too few :eek:

The 3DS is great and has plentiful of GOOD games but I feel like there is a bit of a shortage of what I would classify as GREAT games or masterpieces, especially when ports and remakes can't be considered!

Anyway, here are my nominations:

Super Mario 3D Land

Pilotwings Resort

Mario Kart 7

Wario Ware Gold

Edited by nekunando

4 hours ago, markderoos said:

That would mean 3 nominations on Fates ;)

Like I said I’ve nominated another game. Just wanted a better understanding of the reasoning behind some choices. Your game, your rules! 

Just make things easier and vote for Awakening or Echoes instead. :heh::cheeky:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I turned my 3DS on for the first time this year after reading this thread. So much love and attention put into the OS. The themes and the music took me right back... fired up the Plaza and used up some of my Street Passes from almost TWO years ago. As great as the Switch is, it was always the little touches of genius that made the 3DS so great, it oozes personality. 

Decided tonight I’m gonna polish off a few games from the back catalogue and get the remaining games I never got round to buying - Samus Returns and Fire Emblem Echoes top of the list! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, nekunando said:

Anyway, here are my nominations:

Super Mario 3D Land

Pilotwings Resort

Mario Kart 7

Wario Ware Gold

Sorry about this. WarioWare Gold is mostly made of remakes of old MicroGames from across the series and is therefore banned from nominations.

6 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Sorry about this. WarioWare Gold is mostly made of remakes of old MicroGames from across the series and is therefore banned from nominations.

Presumably Rhythm Paradise Megamix will be in the same boat so I guess I'm nominating Mario Golf: World Tour..

Edited by nekunando
  • Thanks 1

This is a tough one for me as well. There are some great games out, but I've also missed on a lot. Zelda: Link Between Worlds and Kirby Planet Robobot for example. I have Metroid Samus Returns and Pokémon Ultra Moon unplayed, and I can imagine one of those would be top 5 material.

But since I won't play these games this week, I guess I just base my list on what I've played.

- Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate

- Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask

- Resident Evil Revelations

- Shantae and the Pirate's Curse

- Super Mario 3D Land

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Vileplume2000 said:

- Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate

- Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask

- Resident Evil Revelations

- Shantae and the Pirate's Curse

- Super Mario 3D Land

Shantae and the Pirate's Curse is awkward and had a simultaneous release, but only in Europe. It was delayed to have its weird release at the same time as the WiiU, but for consistencies sake with the previous rule, it will be counted as a WiiU title.

You'll have to replace that with something else.

Curses! ;) Should have seen that. I... will boot up my 3DS and edit my post later!

• Thanks 1

Oh jeez, this'll be incredibly tough given how varied the 3DS's library is! Dx

• Animal Crossing: New Leaf
  • Resident Evil Revelations
  • Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward
  • Monster Hunter Generations
  • Etrian Odyssey Nexus
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

:'3 I kept meaning to post my list but kept forgetting thanks to work.

Mon Hun Generations

RuneFactory 4

Fire Emblem awakening

Kid Icarus Uprising

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

- Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward
- Animal Crossing: New Leaf
- Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon
- Project Mirai DX
- Bravely Second

I gotta say, VLR is even better than 999 :bouncy:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Aw bugger, I knew I hadn't sent my votes in for the Wii games and then I go and leave this site for a few days for differing reasons and miss out on being able to cast votes on one of my favourite games for the list. Hopefully it still makes the top 10...

Anyway, that's in the past and now the 3DS nominations have started so I'll go ahead and make my nominations:

Pokemon Sun and Moon

Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS

Metroid: Samus Returns

Mario & Luigi Dream Team

EDIT: Not that it will make any difference to the list but my nominations would have gone to Okami, Xenoblade Chronicles and Donkey Kong Country Returns. The first two are in my top 5 favourite games of all time which is why I'm gutted at missing out on Wii in particular.

Edited by GenericAperson
  • Thanks 3

Nintendo 3DS games? No problem... ;)

Here are my picks...

• The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
  • Metroid: Samus Returns
  • Monster Hunter Generations
  • Kirby Planet Robobot
  • Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon

Again, I'm just going for the games I've enjoyed playing the most or in the case of  Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon enjoying playing as I finally decided to start playing it. :D

(It totally counts and I'm going to do my best to finish it or play as much as I can of it before more games come out)

Look out for the N-E Top Ten Wii Games coming soon to the main site. :peace:

Edited by S.C.G
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

My top 5 3DS games

Final Fantasy Theatrhythm

Bravely Default

Dead or Alive Dimensions

Mario Kart 7

Monster Hunter Generations

Edited by Gadwin
Hyrule Warriors was invalid nomination
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Gadwin said:

My top 5 3DS games

Final Fantasy Theatrhythm

Bravely Default

Dead or Alive Dimensions

Hyrule Warriors

Monster Hunter Generations

Hyrule Warriors is counted as a Wii U game, not a 3DS one.  Sorry, but you've gotta swap it for something else.

• Thanks 1

Didn’t Hyrule Warriors Legends have a lot of different playable characters and some different modes compared to the Wii U game?

I’ve only played the Wii U version but I’ve always thought they differed as much as, if not more than, Smash Wii U Vs. 3DS?

5 minutes ago, markderoos said:

Didn’t Hyrule Warriors Legends have a lot of different playable characters and some different modes compared to the Wii U game?

I’ve only played the Wii U version but I’ve always thought they differed as much as, if not more than, Smash Wii U Vs. 3DS?

Including DLC, the WiiU version had 19 characters (with 29 different weapons). The 3DS version added 10 characters (and 13 new weapons)

The 3DS version also has 2 new stages based on the Wind Waker and 2 sets of Story Mode scenarios (Linkle and Wind Waker).

But it actually has less modes to play. Local co-op is gone and Challenge Mode was also annexed. There were some new adventure maps added though, but they still consist of the same levels that were in the original.

Hyrule Warriors Legends is definitely the better version (Definitive Edition restores the cut modes from the WiiU and has a better frame rate and better lighting, so that's even better), but the base game is still the same. So it's not allowed on the 3DS votes.

• Thanks 1

With the high volume of great games that were actually ports / remakes, this list didn’t turn out to be as tough as I was anticipating:

~ Mario Kart 7

~ Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Spirit of Justice

~ Super Mario 3D Land

~ The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

~ Zero Escape: Virtue’s Last Reward

Edited by WackerJr
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3