NEurope
Glen-i

N-Europe's Top 10 (Voting over, check first post for results)

You see...I initially had a easy time picking 5... But then it hit me like a falcon punch to the face. Upon pondering in it though... Here is my list.

Tales of Symphonia

Skies of Arcadia

Sonic Adventure 2 battle

Resident evil Code Veronica X

Paper Mario and the Thousand year door

giphy.gif

It isn't fair there are so many I want to add! 5 isn't enough choice!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Nintendo GameCube games, now we're talking! :cool:

Here are my picks...

• Metroid Prime
  • The Legend of Zelda: the Wind Waker
  • Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
  • F-Zero GX
  • Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II

There are so many other titles I could have nominated but when it comes down to it, I firmly believe that the above games we're definitely my most played and most loved titles. :D

I could have easily provided a top 100 for GameCube games but this is a Top Ten so we must be brutal. ::shrug:

Look out for the N-E Top Ten GBA Games coming soon to the main site. :peace:

• Thanks 3

• The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
  • Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II
  • Metroid Prime
  • Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
  • Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door

This may not be my list's final form.

• Thanks 3

It’s really hard to not speak about games that didn’t make my list. It’s just as hard to not discuss other people’s choices. What a console...!

4 minutes ago, markderoos said:

It’s really hard to not speak about games that didn’t make my list. It’s just as hard to not discuss other people’s choices. What a console...!

Wait, we can't do that? I'm pretty sure I've mentioned games that didn't make my list during previous voting.

35 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Wait, we can't do that? I'm pretty sure I've mentioned games that didn't make my list during previous voting.

It's discouraged. Otherwise, I could just list a bunch of games that I like in the hope someone will go "Oh yeah, that's a thing" and nominate it themselves. If you want to have a game shown, then you gotta back it with your own nomination.

And I don't know why I'm bothering to tell you, because you won't ever read it.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Otherwise, I could just list a bunch of games that I like in the hope someone will go "Oh yeah, that's a thing" and nominate it themselves.

I didn't realise you thought people were such sheep O_o

Tough one. 

Paper Mario

Prime

Wind Waker

Resident Evil 4

are all nailed on, but the 5th is a toughie. I want another third party - Splinter Cell Chaos Theory, Hitman 2, Metal Gear Twin Snakes, Monkey Ball, Rogue Squadron 2, Should Caliber 2 would all be worthy.

But I think I have to go for Skies of Arcadia. Perfect RPG.

6 minutes ago, LazyBoy said:

are all nailed on, but the 5th is a toughie. I want another third party - Splinter Cell Chaos Theory, Hitman 2, Metal Gear Twin Snakes, Monkey Ball, Rogue Squadron 2, Should Caliber 2 would all be worthy.

Now you've done it...

13 minutes ago, LazyBoy said:

Tough one. 

Paper Mario

Prime

Wind Waker

Resident Evil 4

But I think I have to go for Skies of Arcadia. Perfect RPG.

Oh, come on, I just told someone else off about mentioning other games not on your nominations!

@EEVILMURRAY, I have to try my best to account for every possibility.

Edited by Glen-i

• Super Monkey Ball
  • Chibi-Robo!
  • Animal Crossing
  • Resident Evil 4
  • F-Zero GX

@Glen-i, not sure if you've changed your mind about the Animal Crossing thing again, if so feel free to disregard my votes.

• Thanks 2

51 minutes ago, RedShell said:
  • Super Monkey Ball
  • Chibi-Robo!
  • Animal Crossing
  • Resident Evil 4
  • F-Zero GX

@Glen-i, not sure if you've changed your mind about the Animal Crossing thing again, if so feel free to disregard my votes.

Nah, we’re allowing Animal Crossing here; so your list is fine :) 

Edited by Dcubed
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Nah, we’re allowing Animal Crossing here; so your list is fine :) 

Considering Mother 3 was somehow allowed in the GBA votes ( a game never officially released over here or even translated, so I imagine those voting for it played it via a rom and fan translation ) then Animal Crossing should certainly be allowed.

• Like 1

Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean

Donkey Konga

Metroid Prime

Resident Evil 4

Super Smash Bros Melee

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Phantasy Star Online: Episode 1 & 2

F-Zero GX

Resident Evil 4

Soul Calibur 2

Skies of Arcadia Legends

• Thanks 1

I have a major question regarding this whole thing and it includes a game that can be nominated for this console as well as future editions.

So, if a game is a remake or a port of an older game but that game was NOT originally on a Nintendo console is that game elegible for nomination provided it was the first time it was ported over? E.g. Metal Gear Solid, Okami, Batman Arkham City, Mass Effect 3

As for the Gamecube, this was the first home console I ever owned and it's one of my largest gaming libraries to this day, the most recent edition was in fact only a few years ago when I picked up F-Zero GX for the console. The console also happens to be home to one of my favourite games of all time so this is definitely going on the list.

Metroid Prime

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Metroid Prime 2: Echoes

Soulcalibur II

I have had to leave out a lot of games like Sonic Adventure 2 Battle which actually was my favourite game of all time at one point, though now I can obviously see the many flaws in the game. I still put a ton of time into that game though and it's one of the most solid 3D Sonic titles to date in spite of atrocious voice acting and deus ex machina script. I also owned many stone cold classics like Super Smash Bros. Melee which was the first Smash game but it misses out because I only got the game towards the tail end of it being the "newest" Smash games. Super Mario Sunshine didn't make the cut as I feel like although it's a good game the other 3D Mario games are a lot better. I also really enjoyed Super Monkey Ball at the time but can I honestly say that I enjoyed it that much? It was really hard to choose a definitive list of five. There's also Mario Kart: Double Dash, Timesplitters 2,F-Zero GX... man the PS2/Xbox/Gamecube era of gaming really did have some fantastic games. I'm not even counting the multiplatform games which I ended up playing on PS2 like the Prince of Persia Sands of Time trilogy. I think it says something about the pre-HD era of gaming that I'm continuing to buy and play games that came out in that era, that generation was absolutely stacked with classics.

Also, the rules of this whole thing meant I had to include Twilight Princess in the Gamecube section even though I played it on Wii, Twilight Princess may not be my favourite Zelda but it still holds special memories for me, I am one of the few people who can say that they owned Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess as their first Wii game over the bundled Wii Sports because I actually got that game BEFORE getting the Wii.

Edited by GenericAperson
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, GenericAperson said:

I have a major question regarding this whole thing and it includes a game that can be nominated for this console as well as future editions.

So, if a game is a remake or a port of an older game but that game was NOT originally on a Nintendo console is that game elegible for nomination provided it was the first time it was ported over? E.g. Metal Gear Solid, Okami, Batman Arkham City, Mass Effect 3

Yes, I mentioned this during the N64 nominations. A game can be nominated if it's the first time it appeared on a Nintendo console, even if it first appeared on a non-Nintendo console.

So, for example, Resident Evil 2 could have been nominated for the N64, but it cannot be nominated for these Gamecube ones.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, GenericAperson said:

Yup.  Spot on.  RE2 counts as an N64 game for this reason; while RE3 and RE Code Veronica count as GCN games.

We’ve done this to prevent duplicate listings (or else Ocarina of Time would be eligible for five different Nintendo consoles!) and to reflect only the original console’s libraries being judged here (or else we get into some pretty ridiculous territory here; especially considering Virtual Console!)

Likewise, Breath of the Wild will be counted as a Wii U game under the same reasoning as Twilight Princess being a GCN game.

Edited by Dcubed

Wave Race: Blue Storm

Metroid Prime

Resident Evil 4

Killer 7

Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I love my GameCube library, although looking back over the games there are a lot of really good games, but not as many as I remember where I’d truly consider them G.O.A.T. material.  For me that’s true for that whole console generation.  Anyway, here we go (note: may well be edited before the deadline!):

~ Metroid Prime

~ Beyond Good & Evil

~ Pikmin 2

~ The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

~ Eternal Darkness

Edited by WackerJr
Changing one of my nominations
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Eternal Darkness

F-Zero GX

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker