NEurope
Glen-i

N-Europe's Top 10 (Voting over, check first post for results)

Omg i'm not doing this last minute for once! Here are my nominations 8D 

Pokemon Crystal

Pokemon trading card game

Pokemon puzzle challenge

Zelda Oracle of seasons

Mario Golf

Edited by Ugh first aid
  • Thanks 3

My nominations are as follows...

Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal

Wario Land 2

Mario Golf

The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages

Wario Land 3

• Thanks 2

Stranded Kids

Zelda Oracle of Ages

Resident Evil Gaiden

Wario Land 3

Pokemon Crystal

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Well I only ever played one game on my Game Boy Color (sic), and that was:

Pokémon Gold

But apparently, I still have to nominate four more for it to count, so I nominate:

Arthur's absolutely fun day!
The Fish Files
Laura
Animal Breeder 4

• Thanks 1

Mario Tennis

Oracle of Ages

Oracle of Seasons

Pokémon Gold

Perfect Dark

Wasn't Wario Land 2 a GameBoy game originally?

Wario-Land-2-Jeu-Game-Boy-964289385_L.jp

Edited by Mandalore
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mandalore said:

Mario Tennis

Oracle of Ages

Oracle of Seasons

Pokémon Gold

Perfect Dark

Wasn't Wario Land 2 a GameBoy game originally?

Wario-Land-2-Jeu-Game-Boy-964289385_L.jp

It was indeed (in fact, it was the last ever B&W GB game to be released); but there was a separate hybrid GBC version that was released on the same day; so @Glen-i counted this as a GBC game.

Fun fact, I actually had the original B&W version growing up.  Didn’t even know there was a GBC hybrid version till many years later!

• Thanks 1

By that logic, will Twilight Princess not be selectable during GameCube voting?

18 minutes ago, Mandalore said:

I think in the case of The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess it should be selectable during the GameCube voting but not for Wii or Wii U.

Things are only going to get trickier from this point forward though, due to the amount of ports and HD remasters. ::shrug:

This would also mean that The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is maybe only selectable for the Wii U games but technically it's Switch as well.

Then again, Twilight Princess and the Wind Waker on Wii U were pretty substantial in their improvements...

51 minutes ago, S.C.G said:

I think in the case of The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess it should be selectable during the GameCube voting but not for Wii or Wii U.

Things are only going to get trickier from this point forward though, due to the amount of ports and HD remasters. ::shrug:

This would also mean that The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is maybe only selectable for the Wii U games but technically it's Switch as well.

Then again, Twilight Princess and the Wind Waker on Wii U were pretty substantial in their improvements...

Twilight Princess is considered a Wii game though, just like BOTW is considered a Switch game, broadly speaking.

When you think of Ocarina of Time or Majora's Mask, you think "N64", not 3DS. It's an intangible way of categorising games, but the systems they're synonimous with should be considered, and games certainly shoudn't be doubled up on multiple systems for voting.

Wind Waker HD is amazing but when I think of that game I think Gamecube. The Wii U had plenty of other fantastic games that shouldn't be cast aside for a port.

Edited by Ronnie

I don't think I've even played 5 GBC games and any I may have played, such as Link's Awakening on 3DS or Perfect Dark, I haven't played for any more than about 15 minutes..

See you all in a couple of weeks :red:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Mandalore said:

I agree, I told him that it should’ve counted as a GB game, but nope! He didn’t want to listen :blank:

Twilight Princess is going to be counted as a GameCube game BTW.  Likewise, Breath of the Wild is a Wii U title and NOT a Switch one.

Edited by Dcubed

2 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Twilight Princess is going to be counted as a GameCube game BTW.  Likewise, Breath of the Wild is a Wii U title and NOT a Switch one.

Bizarre.

So Twilight Princess releasing on Wii first, an entire month before the Gamecube port, doesn't matter.

Likewise Breath of the Wild being advertised pretty much exclusively as a Switch title and selling literally 10x the number of copies there, means nothing.

Got it. One less person voting in this from now on with rules like that.

Edited by Ronnie

I'm with Ronnie on this one, even though BOTW and TP were developed primarily for the Wii U and GC most people played them on Switch and Wii so I think that needs to be taken into account. BOTW was released day and date for both consoles and as Ronnie said the Wii version of TP was available to purchase way before the GC version. People should be allowed to nominate it for whatever system they played it on. For stuff like Tropical Freeze, NSMBU, Wind Waker HD it's obviously more clear cut because the re-releases came so much later.

I honestly don't think many people will even pick TP for GC or BOTW for Wii U anyway so the nominations will probably sort the issue out.

Edited by killthenet
  • Like 2

I'll always class BOTW as a Wii U game. It was primarily developed for that and was then ported to the Switch. Plus, I played it first on the Wii U. Not that it matters, it wouldn't be getting my vote no matter which console the voting is on. :p 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I don't really care either way what gets put into which category, but the decision will always go to the people putting all the time and effort into making these polls and writing the articles.

You want to make the rules? You make the game.

8 minutes ago, bob said:

You want to make the rules? You make the game.

Eh? I don't want to make the rules, and never suggested I did, look up a few posts and you'll see I said no worries I'll just stay away from these votes from now on. No big loss to the site anyway.

OK guys, honest mistake, I forgot that Wario Land II was a Game Boy game originally.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask those who nominated Wario Land II (Me and @Dcubed) to replace that with something else.

This is the one thing I was going to point out in the GBA nominations, but I guess I'll start now.

Games that were released at pretty much the same time on two different consoles will only be counted for the console that it was originally designed for. Examples include "Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team/Blue Rescue Team" "The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess" and "The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild"

I've added that rule to the GBC post on the previous page.

In all three of those examples, the game will be eligible for the earlier console only. PMD 1 is a GBA game, TP is a GC game and BotW is a WiiU game.

I'm not budging on this, the later console versions may be better, but they are all effectively port jobs. I know TP is a weird example, but for the sake of fairness to all examples of this occurrence, it'll have to be like this. Anyway, I think we're all capable of judging the quality of these games, even if you never played the original version.

2 hours ago, Ronnie said:

The Last Guardian is a PS3 game then is it.

A release of that game for the PS3 never happened, so no. That's not the same thing.
I really hope you continue contributing to nominations and voting, @Ronnie. You say it's no big loss, but I disagree. Every vote is important. Every vote makes the results more conclusive.

Also, I've seen some people throwing the possible Switch Top Ten around, so I'm gonna nip that in the bud right now.

I won't be doing a Switch Top Ten.

At least not in the near future, it's far too early to be declaring what the best games on that console are. It's still churning out games. Far too premature. When the Switch's life is up and we're all playing whatever the next console is, I'll happily revive this thread.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Ronnie said:

Eh? It was never released on the PS3. So it's certainly a PS4 game.

Difference here is that the Zelda games started on one console but were released on two.

The Last Guardian situation is much like Super Paper Mario and that Donkey Kong Jet Barrel racing game, where they were shown for one console (Gamecube) and then quietly killed and moved over to the Wii. Same as Eternal Darkness on the N64 (@markderoos was clearly referencing this during his N64 voting:p ) getting cancelled and being reworked for the Gamecube.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ronnie said:

It never actually released on PS3...

That’s like saying that Starfox Adventures should be counted as an N64 game...

... that being said, the original cancelled N64 version looked way better than what we actually got.

Edited by Dcubed

Anyway! Here’s my amended list (poor Wario Land 2 got robbed!)

Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal

Wario Land 3

Mario Golf

The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages

The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons

Edited by Dcubed
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Dcubed said:

Anyway! Here’s my amended list (poor Wario Land 2 got robbed!)

Well, no-one even attempted to nominate it in the Game Boy section. So I doubt it would have made that much of a difference.

My comment about Last Guardian was half arsed and in reply to this...

3 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

It was primarily developed for that and was then ported to the Switch.

I don't think it matters what the console a game was primarily developed for, especially since development shifted with over a year or two to go in BOTW's case. Ask 1.5 million what console they consider BOTW part of, they'll say Wii U. Ask 13 million (and growing), they'll say Switch. Same with TP and Gamecube/Wii. I just think a bit of common sense should be used, not rigid eligibility rules.

Anyway, I appreciate and applaud the hard work you @Glen-i and @S.C.G put into this, but I can't agree with the ruleset so my votes wouldn't mean much in the latter rounds anyway.

Edited by Ronnie
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Well, no-one even attempted to nominate it in the Game Boy section. So I doubt it would have made that much of a difference.

I didn't because I thought it was a GBC game that was backwards compatible. I wasn't aware it was also released as a GB game.

I think that any rules that may restrict future voting should have been mentioned earlier, I didn't vote for some NES games because I wanted to vote for the better version on a different console. Yes, I'm aware I didn't vote for any NES games. If you did and I missed it, then my apologies.