NEurope
Glen-i

N-Europe's Top 10 (Voting over, check first post for results)

content-4-35754-netop10gameboyarticlebanner.jpg

Here is the final article for our Top Ten Game Boy Games. :D

Thanks to @RedShell for the amazing banner/side graphics (plus excellent advice for the in-article banners) :idea:

and  @Glen-i plus @Dcubed once again for organising this. :peace:

Also thanks to the N-E community for contributing as this article truly wouldn't have been possible without your input. :grin:

(my contribution was making the game banners in the article and getting it uploaded, which was a pleasure as always) :smile:

Enjoy! And here's to the next one. :)

Edited by S.C.G
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5

That's a nice, well rounded list! Some real surprise entries (and some surprise omissions! Poor Metroid 2!), but definitely a deserved No 1! :peace:

Right! Suppose I can't put it off any longer... here's my SNES list!

1: The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

2: Chrono Trigger

3: Super Metroid

4: Donkey Kong Country 2 (Sorry @Glen-i! I do want DKC3 to win, just because its so ridiculously underrated, but you did say no tactical voting...)

5: Kirby Superstar/Kirby's Fun Pak

Edited by Dcubed
  • Thanks 1

[mention=182]RedShell[/mention] for the amazing banner/side graphics (plus excellent advice for the in-article banners) :idea:

and  [mention=16048]Glen-i[/mention] plus [mention=883]Dcubed[/mention] once again for organising this. :peace:

Also thanks to the N-E community for contributing as this article truly wouldn't have been possible without your input. :grin:

(my contribution was making the game banners in the article and getting it uploaded, which was a pleasure as always)

Enjoy! And here's to the next one.

WTF guys? Who else voted for FTFTBT?
  • Haha 4

• The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
  • Super Metroid
  • Chrono Trigger
  • Dragon Quest V
  • Dragonball Z: Hyper Dimension
  • Thanks 3

8 hours ago, S.C.G said:

content-4-35754-netop10gameboyarticlebanner.jpg

Here is the final article for our Top Ten Game Boy Games. :D

As soon as I saw FTFTBT on the thumbnail, I knew I was in for a good article. Shame to not see Metroid or Mega Man in the Top 10 (and I was rooting for Wily's revenge to become a dark horse, too), but that's the nature of only choosing 3 games. Quite the surprise for No.1, too (and not an unwelcome one, either).

I'm curious as to who else voted for Mole Mania, considering I only gave it 3rd place. Since I'm assuming bob gave max points to FTFTBT, someone else must have voted for Muddy, which makes me really proud of this community. Donkey Kong making it 5th is another point that warms my heart.

Biggest WTF moment was Kirby's Dream Land being there, but not Kirby's Dream Land 2. That's where Rick debuted!

(Oh, and curiously, this is the second time in a row where I didn't cast a vote on the eventual winner)

• Thanks 3

5 hours ago, Jonnas said:

I'm curious as to who else voted for Mole Mania, considering I only gave it 3rd place. Since I'm assuming bob gave max points to FTFTBT, someone else must have voted for Muddy, which makes me really proud of this community.

My votes went to Link’s Awakening, Wario Land  and Mole Mania, great, great games. I even contemplated writing Mole Mania down as my number one... :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Since I'm assuming bob gave max points to FTFTBT,

Even I didn't give it max points, that's what I'm so confused about!

All I'll say is that there were some votes from people who didn't nominate anything.

They have every right to not reveal themselves. So I won't go into more detail than that.

... I've been having such an internal struggle with this... This is such a struggle but here is my list.

1: Secret of Mana

2: Super metroid

3: Donkey Kong country 2

4: Chrono Trigger

5: Mario RPG

There are so many games I want to add... But alas this has to be it.

Edited by Ugh first aid
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

OK, I'm tired, but I wanna get up this nomination list before I call it a night. So I hope you don't mind me ending the nomination a little earlier.

Out of 34 different games nominated, 14 of them got more than 1 nomination. To round the number up to at least 15, @Ugh first aid and I decided on one other game that neither of us nominated to bump up to this list. There are going to be some upset people from the cuts.

So here it is, the SNES shortlist.

Spoiler
  • Chrono Trigger
  • Donkey Kong Country
  • Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest
  • Final Fantasy III (Final Fantasy VI)
  • F-Zero
  • Mega Man X
  • Pilotwings
  • Starwing (StarFox)
  • Super Bomberman 2
  • Super Mario Kart
  • Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Once again, a reminder of what to do now.

• Voting must be done via Private Messages sent to me. This will help to prevent any possible tactical voting.
  • Everyone must choose 3 games to vote for. They also must be ordered from favourite to third favourite.
  • It'd be great if you could explain why you chose a game in the PM. I can then use these in the article that will go up on the N-Europe front page.
  • I reserve the right to both use and not use someone's reasons why they chose a game.
  • I will abstain from these votes and act as a tiebreaker. If two games tie, I'll decide which game comes out on top.

I've also added the previous top ten articles to the opening post. As well as a link to this post.

Voting closes on the 27th of April.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Damn... there's at least one game that isn't in the shortlist that I thought would be but I understand, it's tough having to make the final call.

Still, that's one heck of a shortlist! :D

Now comes the real hard part... voting for just three out of those fifteen titles. :hmm:

Edited by S.C.G
  • Like 1

Apart from Bomberman (over Contra/Probotector, come on!) that’s a damn fine list of games.

Whoever else voted for Pilotwings, well done that man/woman. 

Sadly for the top 10 I can imagine three titles are going to get most of the votes here. 

Edited by Ronnie

Hey everyone! Hope it's alright, but I joined the forums to be able to participate in the Top 10, because @Glen-i told me this was a thing, and it seemed really fun! I already cast my votes in PMs, but I figured I'd just make my presence known so it's not weird or abrupt when I partake in nominations when the next one opens up! So, hello, nice to meet you all!

And I think my choices were pretty good if I do say so myself

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, markderoos said:

So that’s how @Glen-i makes sure his personal favorites get upvoted! ;)

Snap, he's on to us! Only one thing for it...

FemaleVastIndianspinyloach-size_restrict

• Haha 4

I'll try my best to vote later on today :smile:

Anything to help lower A Link to the Past's ranking..

Question: why is Final Fantasy 3 also Final Fantasy 6?

8 minutes ago, bob said:

Question: why is Final Fantasy 3 also Final Fantasy 6?

Over in America, Final Fantasy 3 is a SNES game, seeing as it was the third FF game to release there, that's the name.

Thing is, in Japan, the same game is actually the sixth one.

You can imagine the confusion when the next game was a PlayStation title called Final Fantasy VII...

Over in America, Final Fantasy 3 is a SNES game, seeing as it was the third FF game to release there, that's the name.
Thing is, in Japan, the same game is actually the sixth one.
You can imagine the confusion when the next game was a PlayStation title called Final Fantasy VII...
No need to imagine, I'm confused already.

Voting is now closed.

On to the next console!

Nintendo 64

713O5npuQYL.jpg

You thought it might be the Game Boy Color, but no! It's the N64. Releasing over here in 1997, the N64 marked the big jump into the realm of 3D gaming for Nintendo. Sporting native 4-player support and more handles than you could possibly... handle, the N64 is home to some proper milestones in gaming, I'd be surprised if they didn't show up in the nominations.

I don't think this console has any games that break previous Top Ten rules, but just to be safe... All previous Top Ten restrictions apply to this console. But there is one thing I want to point out.

• From now on, ports of games that first appeared on non-Nintendo consoles are eligible for nomination for the first Nintendo console it appeared on. For example, Resident Evil 2 is eligible for the N64 nominations, despite first appearing on the Playstation.

So get your 5 nominations in!

Nominations close on the 4th of May.

• Thanks 1

Here are my 5 N64 nominations.

• Paper Mario
  • Banjo-Tooie
  • Super Smash Bros.
  • The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
  • Mario Party 3
  • Thanks 2