NEurope
Glen-i

N-Europe's Top 10 (Voting over, check first post for results)

Nominations are now closed

18 games got at least 2 nominations and make up our Gamecube shortlist.

Spoiler
  • Donkey Konga
  • Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem
  • F-Zero GX
  • Kirby Air Ride
  • Metroid Prime
  • Metroid Prime 2 : Echoes
  • Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
  • Phantasy Star Online: Episode I & II
  • Resident Evil 4
  • Skies of Arcadia Legends
  • SoulCalibur II
  • Star Wars Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader
  • Super Monkey Ball
  • Super Smash Bros. Melee
  • Tales of Symphonia
  • The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
  • The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
  • Wave Race: Blue Storm

It wasn't quite as close as the GBA nominations, but this one isn't completely clear cut. It's funny how as time goes on, our choices of games vary more. Just goes to show how good we have it, I suppose.

• Voting must be done via Private Messages sent to me. This will help to prevent any possible tactical voting.
  • You must choose 3 games and order them from your favourite to least favourite.
  • It'd be great if you could explain why you chose a game in the PM. I can then use these in the article that will go up on the N-Europe front page.
  • I will abstain from these votes and act as a tiebreaker. If two games tie, I'll decide which game comes out on top.

Voting closes on the 22nd of June

Edited by Glen-i
I added an "s"!
  • Thanks 2

The lack of DK Jungle Beat is an absolute crime! You should be ashamed of yourselves! ASHAMED!!

Still a good list overall though.

• Haha 1

content-4-35834-netop10gameboyadvancearticlebanner.jpg

Here is the final article for our Top Ten Game Boy Advance Games. :D

Thanks to @RedShell for the visually stunning banner/side graphics. :cool:

and  @Glen-i plus @Dcubed once again for organising this, I always enjoy reading the write-ups plus I usually learn something as well. :peace:

Also thanks to the N-E community for contributing, the GBA is one of those systems which was released at such a turning point that it's fascinating to read peoples thoughts on. :)

(my contribution was making the game banners in the article and getting it uploaded) :smile:

I did incorporate an actual GBA logo this time, I think it turned out reasonably well so I'll try and do the same for the GameCube and beyond.

Enjoy! And here's to the next one. :grin:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

This list was full of surprising placements. Number 7 definitely shocked me.

(Also, the banner for Fire Emblem uses a screenshot from Sacred Stones. Not the worst blunder, but I'm definitely muttering "tsk tsk" every time I see it)

I'll send my Gamecube votes when I can... but for now, I'd just like to pay my respects to Pikmin, a series that didn't make the shortlist.

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, Jonnas said:

(Also, the banner for Fire Emblem uses a screenshot from Sacred Stones. Not the worst blunder, but I'm definitely muttering "tsk tsk" every time I see it)

Then "tsk tsk" no more for it has now been fixed. (hopefully) :D

Fire Emblem is one of those titles which was just tricky to get the right size images for the banners, I should have double-cheked it though. :blush:

I really need to get a proper capturing setup sorted so that I can get some better images for things like this, this will hopefully be happening soon. :peace:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Lost Kingdoms, Bomberman Generation were amongst my previously named games I got shafted into editing out...

On 6/16/2019 at 6:29 PM, markderoos said:

Wow, surprising number 1!

A nice surprise too.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, EEVILMURRAY said:

Lost Kingdoms, Bomberman Generation were amongst my previously named games I got shafted into editing out...

I had that feeling when Doshin and Viewtiful Joe had to be dropped from my list :’(

I'm still shocked that Mario Kart Double Dash didn't get a single vote! What the hell happened there!?

Also surprised that neither Pikmin game got into the shortlist!

There are SO many other games I wanted to include but just... couldn't.  I actually did originally vote for Super Monkey Ball 2, but had to stealth edit at the last moment once I realised that I forgot to include Resident Evil 4... which I simply couldn't abide by!

BTW, that final GBA list was amazing! What a fantastic (and surprising!) top 10! Great job guys! :peace:

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Glen-i said:

It's the last day for voting.

I'll be sending you my votes very soon, it would have been sooner but its just been a busy week, I'm right on it now though. :D

Also, I'll start work on the banner template later so that it's ready for when the results are in. :peace:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Voting is now closed.

Nintendo DS

nintendo-ds-konsole-silber-netzteil.jpg

Boy, that original DS sure was ugly. Yet, that didn't stop Nintendo's first dual-screened console from absolutely dominating the handheld market during its lifetime. The double screen nature of the DS provided a variety of new possibilities for games, whether it be quality of life improvements or imaginative new gameplay mechanics, the DS has some of the more unique titles in gaming history, but are any of them good enough to get into N-Europe's Top Ten?

Here are the restrictions.

• Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team is not eligible for nomination because it's a simultaneous release with the GBA title Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team.
  • Pokemon Clause applies (Pokemon Pearl/Diamond/Platinum, Black/White, Black 2/White 2, etc.)
  • Nominations for any of the three Pokémon Mystery Dungeon titles made for the DS (Not Blue Rescue Team) will all be counted as a nomination for Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky. Explorers of Sky makes the other two completely redundant.
  • Remakes/Ports are banned. (Kirby Super Star Ultra, Super Mario 64 DS, Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver, Four Swords Anniversary Edition, Chrono Trigger, etc.)
  • Remakes that are radically different include Final Fantasy IV and Lufia: Curse of the Sinistrals
  • Resident Evil: Deadly Silence is the first time that the original version of the PS1 version of Resident Evil was released on a Nintendo console, so is eligible for nomination.
  • Retro compilations are banned.
  • Four Swords Clause applies to Contra 4 and any other games that include retro games as bonus.
  • DSi Ware games are eligible for nomination.
  • Applications are not eligible for nomination. (Flipnote Studio, Art Academy, Electroplankton, etc.)

Nominations close on the 29th of June

List of Nintendo DS titles

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 3

Right, here are my nominations.

• Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky
  • Pokémon Black/White
  • Pokémon Black 2/White 2
  • Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies
  • Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

Applications ... Electroplankton

Really? :heh:

It doesn't make my list anyway:

• WarioWare: D.I.Y.
  • Rhythm Tengoku Gold
  • Nintendogs: Dachshund & Friends
  • Animal Crossing: Wild World
  • Mario Kart DS
Edited by RedShell
  • Thanks 3

- Legendary Starfy

- Advance Wars - Dual Strike

- Another Code - Two Memories

- Professor Layton & The Unwound Future

- Hotel Dusk - Room 215

• Thanks 3

Advance Wars Dual Strike

Advance Wars Dark Conflict

Kirby Canvas Curse

Sonic Rush Adventure

Pokémon Conquest

• Thanks 3

Animal Crossing: Wild World

Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow

Elite Beat Agents

Mario Kart DS

Tony Hawk's American Sk8land

• Thanks 3

Oh no... there are too many good DS games. I've already got way too many favourites. I'll have to really think about this one 😰

Okay. This is killing me, but thankfully I see some other games I like in other people's lists so here goes.

• Pokémon Platinum
  • Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors
  • Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks
  • Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies
  • PMD Explorers of Sky

The DS has such a huge library that it almost feels like a crime to have to stop at a top 10.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3