NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Glen-i

March N-E Game Club: StarFox Guard

SI_WiiU_StarFoxGuard_image1600w.jpg

StarFox Guard is a spin-off title in the StarFox series that was originally bundled with the WiiU title StarFox Zero back in 2016. It was originally revealed as Project Guard during the 2014 E3 presentation before having the StarFox IP put onto it.
It's a Tower Defense game that tasks you with protecting a series of bases from robots (Of which none look like any kind of toy you might have seen) using multiple security cameras with weapons equipped to them. The game is a test of your multitasking and observation skills as you can only fire one cameras weapon at a time which makes pretty good use of the WiiU Gamepad.

March's Game Club game of choice is one of those quirky Nintendo side projects that I'm sure we all love and honestly, it seems some of you haven't even opened your bloody copy. So, we need to fix that. Don't worry though, you can get a digital version if you missed out on the physical one.

StarFox Guard is available on: WiiU

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, nekunando said:

Has anyone been brave enough to unseal this yet..?

Here on N-E we don't actually play games. We just collect them. :p 

I think mine is still sealed but I also have it digitally. I never did play it though. Zero killed my will to play anything StarFox related during that time. :D 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Here on N-E we don't actually play games. We just collect them. :p 

I think mine is still sealed but I also have it digitally. I never did play it though. Zero killed my will to play anything StarFox related during that time. :D 

Do you think you'll give it a go? 

I'm up to the second boss and have actually quite enjoyed it so far :smile:

It's the most use my Wii U has had in a long time..

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, nekunando said:

Do you think you'll give it a go? 

I'm up to the second boss and have actually quite enjoyed it so far :smile:

It's the most use my Wii U has had in a long time..

Probably not. I'm playing a few other things at the moment (Startropics, Pokemon Ultra Moon, Oxenfree, Shining the Holy Ark) and I have a list of games I want to get through before the end of the month. Plus, Blaster Master Zero 2 has just dropped out of nowhere and I REALLY want to play that.

It doesn't look like anybody else has been playing this, unfortunately.. but here are my impressions below!

The gameplay footage is not mine :grin:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Glad to hear that you enjoyed it @nekunando :) (and it sounds like your kid did too! :D ) It's absolutely ripe for Backseat Gaming! 

I do really like SF Guard, but it does get a bit repetitive.  It's definitely one that's more fun in short bursts than in marathon sessions.

Edited by Dcubed
  • Like 1

Sign in to follow this