Sign in to follow this  
lostmario

My Retro Games Room

I've been meaning to create a thread for my games room for awhile so here goes

D1T4WGHWsAcQqFm.jpg:large

D1T4SxJX4AAK8TM.jpg:large

Back of the room

D1T4Pw2X0AEO5Qf.jpg:large

80% of everything on the bookshelf was picked up at a car boot. Only the Simpsons and wrestling figures were not.

The McDonalds mario figures collection is now getting out of hand.

D1T4zAoX0AAH6Wp.jpg:large

D1T4tkWX0AA1AmL.jpg:large

All the controllers kept in boxes under the sofa

D1T47ojWwAEW-vX.jpg:large

My latest console purchase, the american SNES. I think it was £40 with 5 games with 1 being Super Mario Kart.

D1T2lDaXQAAbV13.jpg:large

The official lightgun collection posted in the other thread.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

That Luigi on top of all the console boxes is standing in a position that looks like his been nailed to the wall. :D 

Lovely setup. :heart:

• Haha 3

Awesome up! Fuuuuck, look at how much space that original Xbox takes up. I remember it being big, but it seems huge here. :D 

The Euro SNES looks so much better than the US one. Always hated that design.

Lookin' good! I especially like the Super Mario Gameboy stand and its placement!

Also like how fairly minimalistic it all looks, despite the massive collection.  Has a nice homely feel to it! Reminds me a lot of my childhood, which I suppose is part of the point of a retro setup!

Only thing that strikes me as a bit odd is the large amount of space surrounding the TV.  I'd suggest either looking for a bigger CRT, or perhaps investing in some ambient lights to place behind it? Maybe even a black poster behind it to give the impression of a larger play space?

Good job mate! :peace:

Edited by Dcubed
  • Thanks 1

Sweet setup, lostmario. :cool: Cable management must be a bit of a nightmare though. :hehe: 

I keep planning to do something similar to this, but alas all of my retro consoles and CRT are still in storage... 

7 hours ago, RedShell said:

Sweet setup, lostmario. :cool: Cable management must be a bit of a nightmare though. :hehe: 

I keep planning to do something similar to this, but alas all of my retro consoles and CRT are still in storage... 

It was but I got some cable tidy strips and apart from the end of the unit where all the scart cables and plugs are kept, its quite tidy.

It took a whole day to remove all the consoles from the unit and sort out the scart / power cables one by one. Something I never want to do again!

I'd lay out a plan for where all the consoles were going to go and then when it came to it, the cables weren't long enough.

8 hours ago, Dcubed said:

Lookin' good! I especially like the Super Mario Gameboy stand and its placement!

Also like how fairly minimalistic it all looks, despite the massive collection.  Has a nice homely feel to it! Reminds me a lot of my childhood, which I suppose is part of the point of a retro setup!

Only thing that strikes me as a bit odd is the large amount of space surrounding the TV.  I'd suggest either looking for a bigger CRT, or perhaps investing in some ambient lights to place behind it? Maybe even a black poster behind it to give the impression of a larger play space?

Good job mate! :peace:

Yeah, it started out with a small unit for the retro consoles I didn't sell, then I started picking up games, consoles and game/movie figurines from car boots and it quickly spread to a whole room.

That TV I have on the unit weighs a tonne, I can't go any bigger with a CRT on the unit. You'll notice I've reinforced the unit under the TV.

When that TV dies, I'll replace it with a modern tv and then I'll have room for the 360, PS3 and Wii U.

The plan is to get some gaming canvas art to go behind the TV to fill the gap but yet to find any I like

• Thanks 1

Sign in to follow this