NEurope

Konami are making a special announcement at 5:30pm PST (1:30am UK/ 2:30am CET) does anyone know where it will be broadcast? I just did a quick search for Konami's official Twitch channel but it got deleted ages ago, it will most likely just be reiterating the Contra announcement from earlier but there is the chance it could be a Metal Gear Collection for consoles or even something as exciting as a new Castlevania Pachinko machine and I'll be awake then so I may as well watch it. 

People like to laugh at Xbox a lot but they've made some great moves this generation since stumbling at release. Backwards compatibility, Game Pass, tons of new studios, xCloud, the Elite controller, Xbox One X etc etc. Meanwhile apart from games, Sony have sat on their hands, released a pointless Pro model, a terrible mini console rip off, and kind of... maybe... not really...? let you change usernames. PS+ gets worse each year and they've pretty much abandoned indie games, or at least promoting them. I'm not a fan of Inside Xbox but at least it's trying to do it's own thing. Playstation Direct State of Play is boring and yet another blatant rip off.
The games don't speak to me but I'm personally cheering for Xbox, especially since my PS4 has been gathering dust since Spider Man. It's make or break for them next year though, that'll be when we see what their new console is and what their new teams have been up to. E3 2019 was never going to be "their year".

Can't find myself agreeing with that. PS Plus has actually gotten miles better since they started charging more, this month for instance you're looking at the Borderlands 2 + prequel incl DLC remaster as well as Sonic Mania, both cracking games. I bet if you ask most people on here they'd agree it has gotten a lot better if you compare it to the first half of the PS4's life.

As for what Microsoft have been doing to restore favour, at the end of the day their exclusives haven't come close to the PS4's, and that really what matters to me.

47 minutes ago, Sheikah said:

Can't find myself agreeing with that. PS Plus has actually gotten miles better since they started charging more, this month for instance you're looking at the Borderlands 2 + prequel incl DLC remaster as well as Sonic Mania, both cracking games. I bet if you ask most people on here they'd agree it has gotten a lot better if you compare it to the first half of the PS4's life.

Really, I got the impression the opposite was true, people being more and more disappointed by PS+ games on offer. Especially nowadays when you compare it to an amazing service like Game Pass.

As for what Microsoft have been doing to restore favour, at the end of the day their exclusives haven't come close to the PS4's, and that really what matters to me.

Oh absolutely. I'm just saying the moves Xbox are making, don't deserve the ridicule they get, quite the opposite in fact.

Really, I got the impression the opposite was true, people being more and more disappointed by PS+ games on offer. Especially nowadays when you compare it to an amazing service like Game Pass.

It's definitely the opposite - there's actually reliably PS4 retail games included in Plus these days, whereas from the beginning to mid-life of the PS4 there was a noticeable drop in quality/desirability/value of titles from the PS3 days. 

If you're interested, this page lists what had come out in the past. It wasn't until over a year after release that PS4 got its first full retail PS4 game on Plus (Injustice Gods Among Us). Then, arguably it would be almost another year until it got another full retail PS4 game - Driveclub (coincidentally it got Rocket League at the same time, at a point when nobody knew how big it would be - that was a good month).

In the past 6 months we have had Borderlands remaster, Sonic Mania, COD MW, Hitman, Overcooked, The Witness and What remains of Edith Finch. These are all really good, well received titles. The quality has definitely been there since the price increase - I reckon competition from other subscription services as well means they're less likely to drop the ball these days.

Konami's 'special announcement' was that they are releasing a Turbo Grafx 16 Mini later this year, only 6 games announced for it so far but more promised closer to release. Not as exciting as it could have been but better than some new Pachinko cash in.

Hilarious stuff. Him peaking in the Capcom door and calling out for Sony got a good laugh out of me. :D 

That giant Mega Drive controller was great! 

• Haha 1

Just now, Hero-of-Time said:

Hilarious stuff. Him peaking in the Capcom door and calling out for Sony got a good laugh out of me. :D 

That giant Mega Drive controller was great!

Dude! Great minds and all that... guess what I just posted in the other thread. :grin:

Loved the video though, especially that part where Huber's playing a certain game and a certain someone was watching him. ;)

• Haha 1

Just now, S.C.G said:

Dude! Great minds and all that... guess what I just posted in the other thread. :grin:

Loved the video though, especially that part where Huber's playing a certain game and a certain someone was watching him. ;)

"No pressure!" :D 

I'm looking forward to the E3 carpet reviews. Always a highlight of the show.

• Like 1

I was ready to complain about the insane amount of CG trailers at this year's E3 (Nintendo and EA, apart), but then I spotted a thread on ResetEra that suggested it's down to devs and publishers getting fed up with the usual "pffft DOWNGRADE!" comments when a game releases. Makes total sense, why bother putting yourself through that. Obviously don't exaggerate visuals in the first place but I'm sure late in the day optimisation means these things happen.

That was hilarious. The faces during the Anthem section had me in stitches. It also highlighted just what a wreck, at least outside of Nintendo and S-E showings, E3 was this year. Awful stuff. :nono:

• Haha 2
  • Weird 1

I don't think we have an E3 thread for 2020 yet so I figured I would just put this in here.

The ESA has released a statement about what E3 is going to look like this year.

We’d like to cut right to the chase.

We’ve listened to the feedback of our media partners, attendees and the industry at large. We are committed to keeping E3 at the level you’ve come to expect.

You’ll be happy to know that we’re not producing E3 2020 in a vacuum. For E3 2020, we’re collaborating with industry insiders and new creative partners, including the tastemakers at iam8bit, to reinvigorate the show and, frankly, to shake things up.

We are well down the path on the development and production of a large, super fun floor experience that celebrates gaming culture in exciting new ways.

Without revealing too much right now, here’s a taste:

We will be showcasing E3 to the world through new streaming and digital programming while creating gatherings on the show floor that let people do what they love the most… play and celebrate games.

We’ll have surprise guests, amazing stage experiences, access to insiders and experiential zones that delight the senses. It will be incredibly inclusive, celebrating all aspects of our industry.

Over the next few weeks – and continuing all the way to E3 – we will be revealing more details and will continue to listen and learn. In fact, if you have an idea that you’d like to see come to life at E3, please send it to  [email protected], and we’ll see if we can make it happen. No idea is too large or too small; we want to hear from you.

You should also know that we’ve upgraded our media registration process, which received a lot of attention this past summer.  Earning back your trust and support is our top priority.

That’s why we rebuilt the E3 website with enhanced and layered security measures developed by an outside cybersecurity firm.  This included updating our data management processes, including the handling of personally identifiable information, and we will no longer store that data on our site. We have also changed our registration practices and will collect the minimum information necessary to complete your registration.

E3 2020 will be a new and revitalized experience for everyone – the many exhibitors committed to the show, the members of the media who have supported us for so many years, and the fans and community that are the heart and soul of video games.

Finally, in case you’re wondering, E3 registration will start on February 15th.  We’ll have more information on the process in the coming days.

Looks like the leaked document last year was right. It sounds like they are going to try and push celebrities, youtubers and insiders in order to sell the show. RIP E3. :( 

• Sad 1

On 31/01/2020 at 9:06 AM, Hero-of-Time said:

I don't think we have an E3 thread for 2020 yet so I figured I would just put this in here.

The ESA has released a statement about what E3 is going to look like this year.

Looks like the leaked document last year was right. It sounds like they are going to try and push celebrities, youtubers and insiders in order to sell the show. RIP E3. :( 

The desperate thrashings of a desperate event desperately trying to remain relevant in a desperate manner.

Nintendo were definitely on to something when it went for a pre-recorded show.

Still gonna watch Ninty and Devolver Digital.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Well, this a coincidence. I've got in from work to find this has arrived. :D 

EQqyPpSWkAAhSLd?format=jpg&name=small

But why didn't you post this in the E3 2020 thread? :D 

• Haha 2