NEurope

Started great, got really lame near the end.

Overall, not bad. Kinda sold on FF7 Remake.

• Thanks 1

Final Fantasy VII Remake looks genuinely amazing. :D

I'm really excited to hopefully play that next year. :smile:

:'3 All in all not too disappointing at all!  That FF7 Remake genuinly has me excited... though the majority of it is in midgar? That was the longest and dullest part of FF7...for me the game really started after getting out of that hell hole... But i'm curious how this is going to be...Also Romancing saga 3 and FF8 remaster on switch?! <3 awww yeah i'm excited...and DQXI S still has me sold...I was hoping that they might announce about the Secret of mana collection... but that could still happen in tomorrow's Nintendo event!

There was a lack of facial hair in this event though...that is a disappoint...

Welp this made me giggle more then it should of...

Edited by Ugh first aid
  • Haha 3

In short, yeah, mondo impressed with FF7 remake! The combat system looks shockingly competent! And I love the way they mixed in the ATB system with the real-time combat!

I was saying in the other thread about how it got me thinking that Platinum Games might be involved; as the action combat looked uncharacteristically good for S-E!

That being said though, I totally called the first part not going beyond Midgar.  It’s clear that even the full game will be a hugely abbreviated version of the original game; there really was just no way that they could make a HD FF game of the same level of scope as the original PS1 game.

Still, just looking at it for what it is? I’m very impressed! It looks legit great! And it looks like a blast to play! :D 

The other announcements were nice.  Very glad to see Romancing Saga 3 finally get an English release (after being teased so long ago!), while Scarlet Grace is long overdue.  The Last Remnant on Switch is also a nice surprise, always been interested in it; considering that it comes from the Saga team and is meant to be pretty unique and interesting.

Dragon Quest 11s looks absolutely stunning! An absolute black magic port! Looks nigh on identical in terms of visual fidelity; and the extra features look really robust (but most importantly; the 2D version does look to be the full 3DS experience! :D )

Only thing that was a bit of a downer was the lack of a Collection of Mana announcement; but I am absolutely certain that’s being saved for tonight’s Ninty Direct.  It’s the only S-E leak that hasn’t yet become a reality and considering the lack of an announcement for DQB2 on Switch at S-E’s event (where we already know that Nintendo is publishing the Switch version in the West), it’s safe to say that the same thing is happening with CoM in the West; so it’ll be announced tonight! :bouncy:

• Like 2

Those FF7 Remake trailers look amazing! :D

Personally (and no offense to anyone else) I'm glad they're doing something different with the combat and not just HD cloning the original game. The original still exists - it's not going anywhere! This is a chance to experience FF7 in a brand new way and by the looks of it so far (IMO) it's going to be excellent!

• Thanks 1

I've just tried watching the Devolver conference during my lunch break....got about 5 mins in and knocked it off. Once again they just aren't funny and they continue to use gratuitous bad language and violence as a way to try and get cheap laughs and push their games.  :nono:

• Like 1

Ubisoft's conference was shockingly bad this year! :o Not even a Nintendo segment could've saved that. :laughing:

I think the best moment of this E3 is still the Cyberpunk segment from Microsoft's event, that game looks off the charts incredible and Keanu Reeves was a great addition to it. :cool:

Anyway, here's hoping Nintendo will deliver the goods later on today (or at least some of the goods :heh:) otherwise this will have been a pretty bad E3 overall.

27 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I've just tried watching the Devolver conference during my lunch break....got about 5 mins in and knocked it off. Once again they just aren't funny and they continue to use gratuitous bad language and violence as a way to try and get cheap laughs and push their games.  :nono:

But, but, it’s a “comment on the industry” so that instantly makes it amazing and hilarious, I hear.

(sorry to take the mick @Glen-i I’m glad you like it but I just don’t get it.)

Edited by Ronnie

5 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Ubisoft's conference was shockingly bad this year! :o Not even a Nintendo segment could've saved that. :laughing:

I think the best moment of this E3 is still the Cyberpunk segment from Microsoft's event, that game looks off the charts incredible and Keanu Reeves was a great addition to it. :cool:

Anyway, here's hoping Nintendo will deliver the goods later on today (or at least some of the goods :heh:) otherwise this will have been a pretty bad E3 overall.

Yeah Ubisoft had a shocker. Really surprising given their last few years have been so good. Ridiculous amount of Tom Clancy and very little else. First and last segments the highlight for me.

Come on Nintendo.... salvage the show

Watch Dogs genuinely bringing something new to the table, which is nice to see. 

Edited by Ronnie

21 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Yeah Ubisoft had a shocker. Really surprising given their last few years have been so good. Ridiculous amount of Tom Clancy and very little else.

I think that was a big issue with it. Pushing Ghost Recon, The Division 2 and Rainbow 6 all at the same time made the whole thing seem bland. If you don't like them then the majority of the conference had nothing of real interest for you.

I had a similar issue with Nintendo's Direct last year when a huge part of it was focused on Smash. I fear the same will happen this year if Animal Crossing is going to show up. I text lostmario earlier saying that I actually hope that Animal Crossing is delayed until next year, giving the bunch of games that are due out this year more air time and room to breathe.

12 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I had a similar issue with Nintendo's Direct last year when a huge part of it was focused on Smash. I fear the same will happen this year if Animal Crossing is going to show up. I text lostmario earlier saying that I actually hope that Animal Crossing is delayed until next year, giving the bunch of games that are due out this year more air time and room to breathe.

Animal Crossing is pretty much the only Nintendo thing I'm interested in at the moment so I hope not!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Happenstance said:

Animal Crossing is pretty much the only Nintendo thing I'm interested in at the moment so I hope not!

Well if it doesn't show up at least it saves you some money. :D 

20 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I think that was a big issue with it. Pushing Ghost Recon, The Division 2 and Rainbow 6 all at the same time made the whole thing seem bland. If you don't like them then the majority of the conference had nothing of real interest for you.

Animal Crossing doesn't seem the type of game that demos particularly well though, so even if it is their big game I'm not sure they'll spend that much time on it. Same reason it's (probably?) not on the show floor, it's not really something you can fall in love with from a demo.

2 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Will Nintendo's direct be software only? I'm out of the loop.

Probably yeah. Maybe some amiibo though.

I'm thinking that this is the wrong place to talk about this when there's a Ninty E3 thread in the Nintendo Gaming Board.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Probably yeah. Maybe some amiibo though.

Good, then I won't watch it.

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Animal Crossing doesn't seem the type of game that demos particularly well though, so even if it is their big game I'm not sure they'll spend that much time on it. Same reason it's (probably?) not on the show floor, it's not really something you can fall in love with from a demo.

You could say the same for Pokemon yet we still had to endure watching them play it. :( 

1 hour ago, Ronnie said:

I disagree, the somewhat randomish nature and  being able to do a bunch of stuff in Animal Crossing does make it watchable.

10 minutes ago, Ike said:

I disagree, the somewhat randomish nature and  being able to do a bunch of stuff in Animal Crossing does make it watchable.

Oh it's certainly watchable, I just meant it doesn't seem like a half-the-conference thing like Smash was last year.

22 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Oh it's certainly watchable, I just meant it doesn't seem like a half-the-conference thing like Smash was last year.

Ah, well I agree with you on that 

People like to laugh at Xbox a lot but they've made some great moves this generation since stumbling at release. Backwards compatibility, Game Pass, tons of new studios, xCloud, the Elite controller, Xbox One X etc etc. Meanwhile apart from games, Sony have sat on their hands, released a pointless Pro model, a terrible mini console rip off, and kind of... maybe... not really...? let you change usernames. PS+ gets worse each year and they've pretty much abandoned indie games, or at least promoting them. I'm not a fan of Inside Xbox but at least it's trying to do it's own thing. Playstation Direct State of Play is boring and yet another blatant rip off.

The games don't speak to me but I'm personally cheering for Xbox, especially since my PS4 has been gathering dust since Spider Man. It's make or break for them next year though, that'll be when we see what their new console is and what their new teams have been up to. E3 2019 was never going to be "their year".

Edited by Ronnie

Even the weather knows this is a weird E3, usually its at least warm during E3 but its absolutely pissing it down. Came home completely drenched, had an odd vibe all week. Hopefully Nintendo can brighten things up in a few minutes. 

Those FF7 Remake trailers look amazing!
Personally (and no offense to anyone else) I'm glad they're doing something different with the combat and not just HD cloning the original game. The original still exists - it's not going anywhere! This is a chance to experience FF7 in a brand new way and by the looks of it so far (IMO) it's going to be excellent!
I agree. I don't want to play just the same game again.