NEurope

As with the last few years I’ve seen nothing this that would get me to buy another Xbox One or be excited for Project Scarlett. The best they’ve probably got me on is that I might sign up to Xbox Gamepass on PC.

Considering how much the media were hyping up the conference, outside of the amazing PSO2 reveal, the show was pretty meh for me. Most of the games were for 2020, no Rare, no Capcom and a rubbish Gears 5 showing ( I say this as a huge Gears fan ). 

Hopefully Nintendo will put on a better showing come Tuesday.

• Like 1

Awww... I got so close to a Bingo. Still, 8 out of 24 isn't bad.

With 20 minutes until the 2 hour mark, I was expecting a "one more thing"

Well a few thinks interested me! Phantasy Star online is a big hitter for me! There was also a large amount of facial hair...

32 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

084.png

It looked fine? Man, you have been really dunking on Japanese games lately.

The difference is becoming really obvious. 

31 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

I thought it was just Xbox but I guess I didn’t notice.

I mean if there was a good community to play with here then I’d think about playing it but I already play FFXIV as my MMO.

Official Site lists Windows 10. https://pso2.com/

16 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Sure, but I feel like there's supposed to be a difference?

I feel like most Japanese games - and especially JRPGs from long-running series - have a much more noticeably stylised look than most Western games, which I'm happy about: I feel like a lot of Western games kind of bleed together in terms of aesthetic these days. 

To each their own, of course, but personally I think Tales of Arise looks pretty breathtaking, and thanks to its art style I think it will probably age better (visually) than most Western games focusing on delivering realism in their graphics releasing in the same period. 

That was a conference.

Almost no gameplay shown throughout. Nothing indicating the future or leadership in any areas.

They had so little to say...

Oh and welcome to Playstation Now and Remote Play I guess...

Edited by Choze

26 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

I haven't played it yet but Resident Evil 2 remake looks on par with a lot of Western games. Same goes for DMC5. Capcom at least has their shit together. Death Stranding is also Japanese developed and looks phenomenal, Sekiro looks pretty good to me too. 

The new Microsoft Flight Simulator game is probably the real reason I signed up to the PC Gamepass subscription. Looking forward to that one coming out as I used to love those games.

19 minutes ago, Julius said:

I feel like a lot of Western games kind of bleed together in terms of aesthetic these days. 

It's funny, I feel the exact same thing about Japanese games. The same aesthetic and style over and over.

I wasn't necessarily talking about aesthetics though, more just technical prowess and, frankly, quality and polish.

13 minutes ago, killthenet said:

I haven't played it yet but Resident Evil 2 remake looks on par with a lot of Western games. Same goes for DMC5. Capcom at least has their shit together. Death Stranding is also Japanese developed and looks phenomenal, Sekiro looks pretty good to me too. 

Fair enough. There are certainly exceptions. Nintendo too obviously, for the most part.

13 minutes ago, killthenet said:

I haven't played it yet but Resident Evil 2 remake looks on par with a lot of Western games. Same goes for DMC5. Capcom at least has their shit together.

They certainly don't have their Switch together though!

• Haha 1

So, who's staying up to watch Bethesda's conference in just under half an hour? And also potentially, Devolver Digital's conference at... 3am?

I'm all in for watching Bethesda's currently, by the time it finishes, it'll probably be a case of... well only another half hour until the next conference so, why not.

We'll see anyway, any hopes for Bethesda? Personally I wouldn't mind a console port of the brutal Doom mod seeing as we're getting a new Doom anyway.

Might as well have all the games on the Switch.

Edited by S.C.G

8 minutes ago, S.C.G said:

So, who's staying up to watch Bethesda's conference in just under half an hour? And also potentially, Devolver Digital's conference at... 3am?

I'm all in for watching Bethesda's currently, by the time it finishes, it'll probably be a case of... well only another half hour until the next conference so, why not.

We'll see anyway, any hopes for Bethesda? Personally I wouldn't mind a console port of the brutal Doom mod seeing as we're getting a new Doom anyway.

Might as well have all the games on the Switch.

Yep, I'm here.

It's gonna be interesting to see how Bethesda will tackle this year at E3 after the atrocious year they've had and last year's total shambles of a conference.

• Thanks 1

I'll be watching Bethesda before I go to bed, expecting it to be another dumpster fire of a show peppered with some lengthy gameplay of Doom Eternal and a reveal of Mikami's new game being the only highlights.

Also Skyrim will appear in some form because they always find some way to shoehorn it in

I'm getting some heavy feelings of this South Park clip when they said "You keep us in check"

• Haha 1

Honestly expected them to try and brush that particular game under the rug.

They're definitely going the apology route.

There seemed no sign of an actual apology though, Todd Howard just brushed past the problems with the game and then he talked up the community

Wow! This crowd will cheer for literally anything! It actually comes across as a parody!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, killthenet said:

There seemed no sign of an actual apology though, Todd Howard just brushed past the problems with the game and then he talked up the community

Not explicitly, no. But it does have a bit of that tinge.

This crowd is highly suspect though. Feels pretty forced.