NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

The Jimquisition Thread

On 04/11/2019 at 5:42 PM, Hero-of-Time said:

Interesting video from Jim this week about the use of bots in games and keeping players engaged for as long as possible.

Big respect to him for using The Bots Master for his background and ending music. Also, the scene from Transformers: The Movie showing Prime on his death bed was well used. :D 

Well...

I haven't played Fortnite for the best part of a year but with the advent of chapter 2 I've got back into it recently; I've been racking up wins left, right and centre, generally killing most players I come across (probably averaging 3 kills a game) and generally thinking I might be able to make a career out of streaming the game now I'm so good at it...

Consider my resignation letter to my actual job rescinded, I've been had! 😂

• Haha 4

Yeah... Same for me. I've had seven wins since I bought the battle pass for chapter 2. I had managed seven total wins in 155 hours previously. It honestly kept me coming back... I did wonder though if the fact that Switch is "mobile only" now (i.e. separated from consoles and PC) had something to do with it. Guess not.

Had no idea this was going on. Probably time to kick this to the kerb. Scummy bastards.

Spoiler

Really interesting question he poises here...

I actually think I agree with him on this one! Whether or not you deem something to be clever subversion or false advertising does really depend on whether you liked it or not.

Do note that this video does spoil the ending of FF7 Remake!

Edited by Dcubed

@Dcubed I'm going to have to check that one out later, but it might be worth sticking in a spoiler tag for now?

The title seems to...hint at something that those that haven't finished/played one of the games in the thumbnail yet wouldn't be aware of? :blank: 

33 minutes ago, Julius said:

@Dcubed I'm going to have to check that one out later, but it might be worth sticking in a spoiler tag for now?

The title seems to...hint at something that those that haven't finished/played one of the games in the thumbnail yet wouldn't be aware of? :blank: 

Done.

Funnily enough, Jim himself makes the same point! That it's basically impossible to talk about FF7's main controversy without it spoiling the big twist!

It's been a while since I watched Jim but people said his song at the start of his latest video was well worth a viewing. They weren't wrong. :D 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sign in to follow this