NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

The Jimquisition Thread

I'm not sure what to say about this Gambling in Videogames situation at the moment, it seems like the regulatory bodies are just doing what every other regulatory body does, pay lip service to everything while either doing exactly the opposite and/or covering for the perpetrators or even covering everything up in the process.

In that sense I'm not really surprised, it just seems to be business as usual. :indeed:

I wonder how many more controversial headlines will come about in relation to Borderlands 3 before the game actually comes out? :indeed:

• Weird 1

I had no idea there were controversies and pitchforks being grabbed about Borderlands 3.

I guess it had been a whole 5 days since the last time gamers got up in arms about something.

I had no idea there were controversies and pitchforks being grabbed about Borderlands 3.
I guess it had been a whole 5 days since the last time gamers got up in arms about something.

But only 3 days since you were moaning about something, in all likelihood.
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Sheikah said:

Such wit

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Sheikah said:

Dude... Come on... Cheap shot.

Edited by Glen-i

Dude... Come on... Cheap shot.

We will have to agree to disagree on that one.

Can you 2 just get a hotel room and hate-fuck it all out of your system? The sexual tension is getting to Top Gun levels now and unless a volleyball scene is about to break out, I need a resolution.

• Haha 2

I agree, on the whole it was a good video but... I don't trust the World Health Organisation as far as I can spit. :p

Whenever they classify something, there's always an agenda behind it. (I know... pass me a tinfoil hat if you really must) :indeed:

I'm not saying that Gaming Disorder doesn't exist either, it clearly does but we should still be wary of such organisations, especially the WHO. (No, not that one)

It's healthy to question these things so I just wanted to say that so that there's a bit of balance here, that's all. :peace:

- - - - -

But what JIm says it mostly true, especially when it comes to all of these predatory companies such as EA and Activision etc, trying to normalise gambling in videogames as that's downright dangerous and irresponsible, to them though... they don't care, it's all about the money but these are exactly the type of tactics in games which could lead to certain people who are susceptible to such practices then going on to develop a "Gaming Disorder" if that's what we're now having to label it as in order to raise some awareness of what's going on.

The greedy publishers are still the root of the problem but we should always keep an eye on other organisations who like to label things and people.

• Like 1

I'm shocked, shocked...

...well not that shocked. :p

• Thanks 2

It's only a matter of time before something is done about lootboxes. And while there is a possibility that it may have an impact on gaming as a whole, at this point, I can't see how it can be anything other than a net positive.

Anyway, you thought Anthem was done being a shambles?

Yeah, I can't say I'm surprised, but hopefully those who invested in buying this game will think twice next time they're offered a live service with a promise of basic features to come.
Considering that Bioware are owned by EA, it's worrying to see what will become of them as a result of this trainwreck.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

It's only a matter of time before something is done about lootboxes. And while there is a possibility that it may have an impact on gaming as a whole, at this point, I can't see how it can be anything other than a net positive.
Anyway, you thought Anthem was done being a shambles?
Yeah, I can't say I'm surprised, but hopefully those who invested in buying this game will think twice next time they're offered a live service with a promise of basic features to come.
Considering that Bioware are owned by EA, it's worrying to see what will become of them as a result of this trainwreck.
I think this should be a good lesson to people not to buy these broken games at release based on trust. The writing was on the wall for Anthem before it was even released.

Shameful for EA to drop support and go back on its word though. And yet enough people always seem to buy their games at launch!
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

People love to slate Anthem, but it was nowhere near as bad as people make out. Once the initial fixes were made, it was a pretty good game. It lacked end game content, but up until that point, it was good fun and lasted a while.

I'd say I easily got my money's worth. Think of it as a fun multiplayer shooter instead of a Destiny level experience and it's a good game.

People love to slate Anthem, but it was nowhere near as bad as people make out. Once the initial fixes were made, it was a pretty good game. It lacked end game content, but up until that point, it was good fun and lasted a while.

I'd say I easily got my money's worth. Think of it as a fun multiplayer shooter instead of a Destiny level experience and it's a good game.

$62,000 spent on microtransactions in Runescape by one player...

That's hard to process... I've probably earned/spent more than that... but that's in a lifetime, up to this point and that's on everything.

To spend all of that on microtransactions one one game, even over the course of many years, I just don't know how to quantify that.

No lies detected here.  The ESA are an organisation that are at best ineffective, and at worst despicable.

The sooner that governmental regulation puts them in their place, the better.

Waiting for the obligatory video about Switch Lites suffering from drifting analogue sticks.

• Haha 1

Is that a thing? The only videos I've seen of the Lite are of people absolutely adoring it.

Is that a thing? The only videos I've seen of the Lite are of people absolutely adoring it.
Yup, it's a thing. People with Switch Lites are joining the class action lawsuit against Nintendo.

Sign in to follow this