NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Happenstance

VPN

Do any of you guys pay for a VPN? Thinking about starting to pay for a subscription for one for Netflix stuff but also I guess it's recommended more and more these days for security.

Looking into it I may go with ExpressVPN which seems to be well thought of.

I use Express VPN. I also bought a router to go with it so that everything can make use of it. My main use is for things such as iPlayer and other services from the UK as the TV here is terrible. I had planned to switch between different regions to get other things but I haven't really done it thus far. I think I paid a hundred quid or something for a 3 year subscription.

I'd definitely recommend it. The speed has been fine for streaming video and online gaming, we can watch whatever we want, and it overcomes a lot of the internet restrictions here which is an added bonus.

• Like 1

I’ve used Nord VPN for the past couple of years with no problems. Works on my phone, iPad and PC. Was £50 for two years and well worth the money. Works with Netflix and most of the servers work with BBC content, but sometimes you have to fiddle around with it as some of the them are blocked by the BBC. 

Getting a VPN is definitely necessary if you’re concerned about security. Though it’s not exclusively why I got it, I use it whenever I’m travelling and connecting to open Wi-Fi. 

Checked out a few before settling on PIA (private internet access) have had no issues and it’s a doddle to set up favourite servers from different countries for quick access. 

• Like 2

+1 for PIA, been using it for a couple of years now at least, I enjoy that its easy to use, not expensive and doesn't hold my info :)

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this