NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

Pokemon Direct (27th Feb 2019)

I expect another thing in the free-to-play segment. Maybe an update for Pokémon Quest, or Pokémon Shuffle Switch. I'm hoping for a new Pokémon Trading Card Game game. Something Detective Pikachu related also sounds reasonable.

12 hours ago, Tim B said:

What are the odds that more than one new game is shown tomorrow? I'm predicting some kind of Pokémon: Detective Pikachu game to co-incide with the movie coming out this summer. They'd be daft not to make one for it.

We are actually due a new Pokemon Mystery Dungeon; but I'm pretty sure that today's announcement will be purely for Gen 8...

... PKMD is usually announced at E3 anyway.

4 minutes ago, Nicktendo said:

Pokemon Let’s Go! Marill and Togepi 💆🏼‍♂️

I'd have to go with Togepi if those games ever got released. 

We all know Noctowl was the MVP of Gen 2. Look at this magnificent bastard!

Noctowl.jpg?width=325

Not long to go now...

We only got around two minutes of footage when X/Y were first revealed, revealing the titles, box art legendary Pokémon and starter Pokémon, and we got a two minute montage trailer for the 20th Anniversary, ending with quick glimpses of concept for Sun/Moon before their titles were revealed.

At the very least, then, we should be getting titles today, and I would imagine a look at the three starters given the presence of the three Poké Balls. They'll probably spend a good two or three minutes talking about the history of Pokémon's core series games too, based on their recent core series reveals. 

Going to be in a meeting during this but do have my laptop. I wonder if it'll be subtitled...

I'm fortunate enough to be at home, so I'm watching this on a pretty big TV, with the volume turned up high.

Hope those of you at work get a good connection as you watch, and aren't interrupted by anything else :)

32 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Going to be in a meeting during this but do have my laptop. I wonder if it'll be subtitled...

The answer is no

Looks like A UK vibe definitely. Man, I would have cried at this if I was still 13 years old. Finally, a proper 3D Pokemon adventure 😢

11 minutes ago, Julius said:

Hope those of you at work get a good connection as you watch, and aren't interrupted by anything else :)

Good connection? Yes! No interruption? No dammit! Will rewatch it soon though.

Edited by Vileplume2000

So Gen 8 is on the switch. Is this Nintendo finally putting the sword into the handheld market?

The Switch is the hybrid we all dreamed of. There’s no need to replace the 3DS.

Loved the tease at the end that they have more in the works from the franchise for 2019. Was smart not to mention it here, but to tell us that more is coming.

See you at E3, Pokémon Let's Go to the Mystery Dungeon! ;) 

1 hour ago, Ramar said:

So Gen 8 is on the switch. Is this Nintendo finally putting the sword into the handheld market?

The Switch is the hybrid we all dreamed of. There’s no need to replace the 3DS.

I suspect not.. more they put a sword in their home console market, the switch is a very nice handheld with tv out and the ability to overclock. 3ds may end up staying as it is (more or less!) and support the main console in the same way as the gb did for many years.

content-4-35717-pokemondirect27022019ban

Here's our Roundup article on the Direct.

Just the basic info and a recap of the video, will update it if/when Nintendo sends out the PR email. :indeed:

Anyway, new Pokémon games for Switch, hype! :D

:peace:

Edited by S.C.G
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Pestneb said:

I suspect not.. more they put a sword in their home console market, the switch is a very nice handheld with tv out and the ability to overclock. 3ds may end up staying as it is (more or less!) and support the main console in the same way as the gb did for many years.

Very true, the switch is probably closer to a handheld than a home console. The lines have become very blurred and I’d imagine it’s one console from here on.

1 hour ago, Ramar said:

Very true, the switch is probably closer to a handheld than a home console. The lines have become very blurred and I’d imagine it’s one console from here on.

Nintendo themselves call it a home console, so that complicates things.

It'll be only Switch from here on, but probably different versions of the Switch. There's plenty of rumours they'll be launching a Switch mini this year, which makes a lot of sense for things like Pokemon and Animal Crossing. Much as I love my Switch it'd be a lot easier to stick my 3DS in my pocket and play Animal Crossing for half an hour a day than to carry the Switch + case everywhere, so a smaller form factor would be a nice addition to the line up.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this