NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Scratch

Hi

Hi all,

I just got myself a Nintendo Switch and Zelda: Breath of the WIld. I thought I'd join this forum to join the discussions about current and upcoming Nintendo and other games!

Zelda: Breath of the Wild is really excellent so far, I can't believe how huge the world is!

In the past I've owned many consoles, from the Snes to the GameCube. I tried the Wii, got it with Metroid Prime 4, but the motion controls and the Wiimote didn't work for me. Also owned a Gameboy, GBC, GBA and DS. A Megadrive, PS1 and PS2. This last few years I've been mainly gaming on PC/Steam. My Switch is basically going to be forever in TV mode with its Pro Controller, so it's nice to own a "home" console again.

My favourite game series are Pokemon, Final Fantasy, Zelda, Command & Conquer and Sonic. There are many other games I enjoy too.

Looking forward to discussing games with y'all!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hi @Sckewi and welcome to the forum. :)

It's always nice to have new members join our forum, so thanks for stopping by and introducing yourself. :peace:

Good to hear that you've been into gaming for a while and it sounds like the Switch has brought you back to home console gaming a bit more, which is excellent.

I mostly use mine in TV mode as well, much more comfortable with a Pro Controller or GameCube controller on the big screen.

Also, it sounds like you're from the future... ;)

12 minutes ago, Sckewi said:

I tried the Wii, got it with Metroid Prime 4, but the motion controls and the Wiimote didn't work for me.

...how is Metroid Prime 4? I'm still eagerly awaiting it for the Switch. :p

I am of course just joking around, I presume you meant Metroid Prime 3: Corruption and I would have to agree with you there as while I've completed all the Metroid Prime games, going back to the original recently as part of our N-Europe Game Club I have found that I prefer the original GameCube version, using the original controls and I'm hoping that both Metroid Prime Trilogy and Metroid Prime 4 (when they get released on the Switch) will offer a range of controls. :D

Nice selection of games that you're into, I like Final Fantasy but have never finished one :blush: (maybe one day) Pokemon is good when you feel like playing it, Command & Conquer always looked like an interesting set of strategy games to me, Zelda is one of my favourite series as well and I definitely enjoyed Breath of the Wild when the Switch first came out plus I love many of the Sonic games, so you're in good company here. :smile:

Anyway, please enjoy the forum and hopefully we'll get to have some interesting discussions about games in the future.

D'oh! Typical me to make a mistake like that in my first post haha, but that's right, I meant Prime 3 xD!

I too would like to see Prime Trio ports for the Switch, as Prime 1 and 2 are my favourite FPS games. The thing with Prime 3 was that I could see it was another great game, but sadly I just couldn't control it properly. I know there are a lot of people out there who enjoyed the motion controls, or even preferred them. I too hope if Trio Ports come to Switch, and when Prime 4 does, they have a range of controls so everyone can play their preferred way. 

Anyway, thanks for the welcoming reply :).

• Thanks 1

Welcome to the boards! I'd also love a good excuse to revisit the old Metroid Primes. Never picked up the trilogy for Wii and it  seems almost perfect a port for the Switch.

• Thanks 2

Sign in to follow this