NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Ronnie

Hollow Knight: Silksong

Team Cherry are geniuses. :bowdown: All done by a team of 3 people.

Personally, this got me more excited than anything in the Nintendo Direct. The animation and movement looks fantastic.

• Discover a whole new kingdom! Explore coral forests, mossy grottos, gilded cities and misted moors as you ascend to the shining citadel at the top of the world.
  • Engage in lethal acrobatic action! Wield a whole new suite of nimble moves as you dance between foes in deadly, beautiful combat.
  • Craft powerful tools! Master an ever-expanding arsenal of weapons, traps and mechanisms to confound your enemies and explore new heights.
  • Solve shocking quests! Hunt down rare beasts, unearth ancient mysteries and search for lost treasures to fulfil the wishes of the downtrodden and restore the kingdom’s hope. Prepare for the unexpected!
  • Face over 150 all-new foes! Beasts and hunters, assassins and kings, monsters and knights – defeat them all with bravery and skill!
  • Experience a stunning orchestral score! Hollow Knight’s award-winning composer, Christopher Larkin, returns to bring melancholy melodies, symphonic strings and heart-thumping, soul strumming boss themes to the adventure.
  • Challenge Silk Soul mode! Once you conquer the game, test your skills in an all-new mode that spins the game into a unique, challenging experience.

website_mini_0000_mini3.jpg

Hornet, princess-protector of Hallownest, finds herself alone in a vast, unfamiliar world.

She must battle foes, seek out allies, and solve mysteries as she ascends on a deadly pilgrimage to the kingdom’s peak.

Bound by her lineage and guided by echoes of her past, Hornet will adventure through mossy grottos, coral forests and shining citadels to unravel a deadly thread that threatens this strange new land.

website_mini_0001_mini2-1.jpg

Hornet must master a whole new suite of powerful moves to survive. She'll unleash devastating attacks, learn incredible silken abilities, and craft deadly tools in order to overcome the kingdom's challenges.

Over 150 all-new foes stand between Hornet and the shining citadel crowning the kingdom. Beasts and hunters, assassins and kings, monsters and knights - Hornet must face them all with bravery and skill!

website_mini_0002_mini1.jpg

The vast inter-connected world of Hollow Knight: Silksong is brought vividly to life in a traditional, hand-crafted, 2D style. Gilded cities, Lakes of fire, and misted moors are illustrated in exquisite detail and accompanied by a vibrant orchestral score.

In her search for the truth behind her capture, Hornet will befriend surprising strangers, discover shocking secrets and solve ancient mysteries in a kingdom full of wonders.

Seems to only be for Switch and PC for now but I imagine other consoles will follow like before.

Edited by Ronnie
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

These 3 guys are just super talented. Hollow Knight was amazing and getting a sequel this soon is fantastic news. It looks incredible as expected and everything they've announced about it sounds every bit as good as the original. All they needed to do with a sequel was just give us more and the trailer really did give us that and more.

Can totally understand why they're prioritising PC and Switch because they are only a small team but I don't expect it'll be a huge amount of time after those releases before it hits PS4/Xbox One. While I won't be able to pick it up on Switch and PS4 is down the line, I'm more than happy to continue on PC where I originally began in 2017. After all, I did end up picking it up 3 times all at full price (though it's an absolute steal at the price they're selling it at).

Bring on a release date. Suspect it'll be the second half of the year.

The lack of release date worries me but then again it looks pretty far along/polished, so who knows

Edfit: Slight Hollow Knight ending spoiler towards the end.

Edited by Sméagol
  • Like 1

16 minutes of gameplay for this courtesy of IGN:

It's more Hollow Knight but with a new character and setting. So everything I'd want from the game. Looks fantastic, can't wait to dive deep into that new world and soak up the life again.

• Like 1

Watched a minute, don't need to see more. Seems like release is closer than I figured it would be.

I wish Darkest Dungeon 2 had done something similar. They announced the sequel, then put up lots of "we're hiring, help us make DD2!" and people were like :blank:

I'm not watching any footage. Unlike Hollow Knight, I want to go in completely blind (apart from the trailer), not touching any wikis which won't be there in the first place initially anyway.

Will buy, I just hope that they get on an release the physical version straight away this time as a general release, not wait for FanGamer to release it and then release it normally mere weeks or days later.

Anyway, I'll play the first game when the general release copy arrives, which won't be long now.

Edited by S.C.G

Already seen this has been mentioned in the Indie World Showcase thread, but it’s a good time to bump this thread.

• Like 3

Some info...

- Team Cherry like Castlevania Lords of Shadow!
- Hornet will have the ability to perform tasks for NPC's, keep track of tasks you've completed through noticeboards around Pharloom.
- Not replacing organic quest lines from the first Hollow Knight.
- Instead of rescuing Grub's from jars, now you rescue fleas, that get themselves into little scraps.
- Hornet's Crests are fully customisable, can be easily changed to reflect your play style.
- Trying to create a game that's accessible to new players, but also matches the difficulty of the original game.
- 'Tricks' such as Sting Shards, Pimpillo Bombs, straight pins, can be crafted at benches from shards gathered from defeated enemies.
- The objective of the game is to climb to the Citadel, but there will be 'many other lands'
- Hollow Knight composer Christopher Larkin returns
- Start off the game having lost many of your powers
– Team Cherry approached the enemy design differently since Hornet is a fast and competent fighter

– Enemies are more complex
– Many early enemies and falling hazards now give out two hits to the health bar
– Hornet can heal with Bind, an ability that uses the silk she gathers by hitting enemies to bandage wounds (Three masks instead of one)
– Team Cherry’s Ari Gibson: “… you spend more time either at full health or almost dead, and the gameplay is kind of snapping between those two states”
– There are around 100 different benches that come out of the floor when approached that act as save spots
– Difficulty intended to be around the same as the first Hollow Knight
– Hornet lost her traditional strength after time being bound in a cage, and is now sort of restoring it; the Weavers are helping her
– Silk Spear: get a superpowered forward lunge and cut through sticky web barriers; uses part of Hornet’s silk supply
- Team Cherry's next game will not be Hollow Knight related

- PC and Switch only at launch, release date TBA.

Shame no release date, it's either still a while off, or Nintendo will be the ones going all out to push this. Probably both :cry:

Yeah I didn't read the full list. In fact, I'm not interested in any more info, and I'll see it when it's released. It's an instant buy anyway.

On the official Discord channel, PR Manager for Team Cherry mentioned that the game is content complete and in the final stages of testing. He however also said that the game is not out until it's ready.

“You could say ‘we’ve finished all the content of the game and are in final testing,’ but even THAT doesn’t say anything about release schedule – my own personal philosophy is that you should not announce a release date until you have a build that could be released, and then you’re just giving yourself some time to fix additional bugs and market a game.”

Edit: Sorry, this is misleading. He's just stating something about when he thinks a release date should be announced.

Edited by MindFreak
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, MindFreak said:

my own personal philosophy is that you should not announce a release date until you have a build that could be released

I wish some of the bigger publishers would live by that rule once in a while.

• Like 2

No E3 announcement on the cards:

pt6vzhs45uz61.png

Good on them for getting out ahead of it. While I'm excited for E3 being back, it'll definitely be a lean one by the sound of things. 

14 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

Shadow drop right before E3.

COME ON HYPE TRAIN

Ah, the Smash Bros Character Denial route? I dig it!

• Weird 1

Gutted. I really thought this game was further along than it actually seems to be.

Sign in to follow this