Julius

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening REMAKE — 20th September 2019

11 hours ago, Fused King said:

I'm wondering what the people of Nyurp think of the price tag of this bad boy.

Is it really worth 50 euros?

I'm getting it for my birthday so not paying top euro for it, but initially I wanted to wait until it dropped to 30 or so.

Though I'm a sucker for all things Zelda, financially I just couldn't justify this purchase.

It depends. If you've played through the game before then the price point is too high. There's not much new to see and you'll breeze through the game. However, if it's your first time playing the game then just treat it as a new release/new Zelda and from this point of view I think it's worth it.

As for waiting for a price drop, it's a Nintendo game and these very rarely receive heavy discounts, especially if they are successful, which this has been.

This has sold 3.13 million units since its release. That's actually rather Impressive, I think.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MindFreak said:

This has sold 3.13 million units since its release. That's actually rather Impressive, I think.

Indeed it is. 

I'm really looking forward to see what kind of effect the Switch has on Metroid sales when it finally arrives. The series has never really been a big seller but the Switch seems to boosting sales of a lot of 1st party games.

Just completed my 0 death run. Have to say getting the Blue tunic and having the double life thing really make it a lot easier. 

• Like 1

Eagle’s Tower puts Breath of the Wild to shame. What an amazing dungeon. I don’t remember it being that hard in the 90s 😅

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Nicktendo said:

Eagle’s Tower puts Breath of the Wild to shame. What an amazing dungeon. I don’t remember it being that hard in the 90s 😅

Strange. I found it the other way round. I could never finish it in the original without a guide, but this time round, even though I didn’t really recall the route to take in the dungeon, I was able to complete it with no guide. 

16 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

Strange. I found it the other way round. I could never finish it in the original without a guide, but this time round, even though I didn’t really recall the route to take in the dungeon, I was able to complete it with no guide. 

I think it took me just over an hour, with a lot of going back and forth. I really enjoyed it though, I'd forgotten everything about the layout so it felt like I was going through it fresh. It's a testament to the excellent design that it managed to provide a distinct challenge, even to a seasoned Zelda player, something I haven't really experienced in this game so far. 

Spoiler

I haven't had many problems with the difficulty in this game, but it is incredibly obtuse at times. I got stuck after the 3rd... or maybe 4th dungeon, I think. I had looked all over the map two or three times and had no idea where to go next. Ulrira had told me to go to the Desert. CAN'T GET THERE MATE. CAN'T SWIM. I'd spoken to everyone at least twice to try and get rid of the goddamn honey trade item. So when I found out that there was a set of hidden stairs under grass to cross over the water to the Animal Village, I was a little annoyed and didn't feel bad about looking up how to progress online. Stuff like that is a bit of a relic, but overall I'm really enjoying everything about this game. Except the framerate, of course.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Nicktendo said:

I think it took me just over an hour, with a lot of going back and forth. I really enjoyed it though, I'd forgotten everything about the layout so it felt like I was going through it fresh. It's a testament to the excellent design that it managed to provide a distinct challenge, even to a seasoned Zelda player, something I haven't really experienced in this game so far. 

Progression problems (Hide contents)

I haven't had many problems with the difficulty in this game, but it is incredibly obtuse at times. I got stuck after the 3rd... or maybe 4th dungeon, I think. I had looked all over the map two or three times and had no idea where to go next. Ulrira had told me to go to the Desert. CAN'T GET THERE MATE. CAN'T SWIM. I'd spoken to everyone at least twice to try and get rid of the goddamn honey trade item. So when I found out that there was a set of hidden stairs under grass to cross over the water to the Animal Village, I was a little annoyed and didn't feel bad about looking up how to progress online. Stuff like that is a bit of a relic, but overall I'm really enjoying everything about this game. Except the framerate, of course.

On your progression part and what got you stuck. I would probably have missed that too for a while but got lucky. 

• Like 1
  • Weird 1