NEurope
Julius

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening REMAKE — 20th September 2019

31 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

You can't set Cuccos and dogs on fire anymore :( what's even the point of this remake now!?

Anndddd... I think we've just found out what's going to be in the pull quote for the site review! :laughing:

My copy just arrived, there is no way that I'll get to play it until later though as I've got loads to do.

For those who are playing it though, for the first time or the hundredth time, enjoy! :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Aneres11 said:

Omg I love that. Wish I'd have ordered one ! 

If it's anything like the mushroom one, it won't give out much light. Still looks cool though.

My copy's not arriving today, not sure if I should just get it digital since it runs better or just wait. Looks like it's going to either be Saturday or Monday now, and Saturday isn't looking too likely.

Spoiler

That music that plays in the place where you find out the truth about Koholint Island.

Nintendo did something very special with the music there.

It starts out with a remix of Southern Face Shrine, like you'd expect. But the moment you press A to read the relief, it adds a beautiful violin to the arrangement.
It literally sent chills down my spine.

I'll try my best to get an N-E Review out by tonight.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Aneres11 said:

I do love the special edition. I love the rupee light too. Did anyone bag one?! 

Got mine along with some extra Amiibo 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

Got mine along with some extra Amiibo 

I love seeing a fresh haul! :D

• Thanks 1

I've taken myself to beginning of third dungeon and forced myself to stop. It's a lovely looking game but I know how short it is, so wanna make it last a bit.

Just now, EEVILMURRAY said:

I know how short it is, so wanna make it last a bit.

tenor.gif

Sorry, I just had to. :p 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Weird 1

I haven’t felt frame rates plummet like this since split-screen Mystic Cave Zone on Sonic the Hedgehog 2

• Haha 1

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening 

content-2-35995-thelegendofzeldalinksawakeningsidebox.jpg

The Review is now up!

Oh, and in case any of you were wondering.

Spoiler

N69Z3Qa.jpg

Hero Mode, no deaths! (Final Destination)

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening 

content-2-35995-thelegendofzeldalinksawakeningsidebox.jpg

The Review is now up!

Oh, and in case any of you were wondering.

My end game results (Hide contents)

N69Z3Qa.jpg

Hero Mode, no deaths! (Final Destination)

I think we have a new WR for review writing.  GG Glen-i!

BTW, you're bloody welcome for that pull quote ;) 

• Thanks 1

I’m going to have a backlog of games soon. I’m currently still playing through Astral Chain so am trying not to start this yet. I really do want to but am resisting. Hopefully can get started soon. I just know that when I start a new game the unfinished ones get forgotten. It’s what happened to BotW DLC. 

I've played up until Bottle Grotto, my initial thoughts:

• Game looks lovely, really unfortunate though how frequent the frame rate drops are though. Seems particularly noticeable at Torombo Shores. Would have preferred that they scaled down some of the lighting and shadow affects in favour of a smoother frame rate
  • Getting rid of the screen transitions in the overworld was a good move
  • Like having sword and shield on dedicated buttons, so there's less need to jump into the menu all the time to change equipment like the original
  • Not sure why movement is 8 directions and digital yet you can't use the D-pad?!
  • Love some of the orchestrations of the soundtrack
  • I started this on Hero Mode initially, but found the difficulty more obnoxious than challenging
  • The new Trendy Game can do one

Enjoying it a lot though. Link's Awakening is one of my favourite games from my childhood. I'm getting through it quickly so will try to savour the experience.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

The biggest Zelda launch on Nintendo Switch in the UK was Breath of the Wild, which was a launch title for the system. In fact, Breath of the Wild is still in the charts today, and saw a 22% increase in sales over the last week (it's currently at No.16).

Indeed, a number of Nintendo Switch games performed well this week, coinciding with the launch of the new Nintendo Switch Lite console. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is back at No.3 after a 23% rise in sales, Super Smash Bros Ultimate is at No.18 with a 15% increase in sales, while Super Mario Odyssey is at No,.24 with an 18% sales bump.

That’s from the link above. Surprised BotW is still so high in the charts, and great for MK8D for rising back to no3. Great times for Nintendo 

• Like 2

Just started playing this, my god it's stunning. Such an eerie dream-like vibe to the place, perfectly captures the original.

They should have ditched the tilt shift though to improve the performance.

I was worried there were only 19 hearts in this game, but I found the last heart container. Phew.

Finished the game this morning.

Spoiler

y4mHDgANUhPJcP2_N982zwdLgP2OvbCMbdjZTXEt

Ending still punches you in the feels. The Wind Fish still leaves Link stranded in the ocean. That's the thanks he gets, eh?

Hero mode is more difficult (kinda obvious), I often had to leave the dungeon to heal up.

The Chamber stuff sucks, really boring and they sorta force you to play it. Should have been entirely optional.

Overall I think it's a fantastic remake, but at the same time doesn't really add anything, other than some QoL, or replace the original which still holds up.

• Thanks 2

I started this at the weekend and having never played the original, I wasn't sure what to expect. 

I have just done the third dungeon and I absolutely love the game. It's typical Zelda, in that I often sit scratching my head wondering what the hell I need to do next, but the compass generally assists in the instances where it's dungeon related.

The respawn of enemies is a little annoying at times, especially when you just leave a room through a passage and turn round and go back in and they're all still there, but it's a small niggle so far. 

Can't wait to play more. I actually think I am preferring it to BotW so far... 

18 hours ago, Ike said:

Finished the game this morning.

Ending Save File/Ending talk (Hide contents)

y4mHDgANUhPJcP2_N982zwdLgP2OvbCMbdjZTXEt

Ending still punches you in the feels. The Wind Fish still leaves Link stranded in the ocean. That's the thanks he gets, eh?

Spoiler

Nice no death run!

I like to think that the Wind Fish is too busy travelling with Marin into Hyrule Warriors to care about Link.

There's already 3 Links in that game, they don't need a fourth.

It's funny, if Hyrule Warriors was actually canon, it would pretty much fix all the timeline problems that BOTW has.

• Haha 1

On 25/09/2019 at 8:36 AM, Glen-i said:

Spoiler

The Zelda games have a timeline?

:D

• Haha 1

Bought this on a whim on Tuesday. 
Loving it so far, it’s been ~15 years since I played through this game. Classic Zelda in every sense of the word, brings a smile to my face.

The music is up there with the best, they’ve done such a good job updating the OST. 

This Eagle dungeon is literally making me hate this game with a passion. Typical Zelda for me. 
This is why I can’t hold the series in such high regard like everyone else seems to. It goes from fun / challenging to just plain annoying. 

• Like 2