NEurope
Julius

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening REMAKE — 20th September 2019

1 minute ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Preordered. I went with the blue rupee.

That's dumb, the red one is worth 4 times as much!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

That's dumb, the red one is worth 4 times as much!

I’m even dumber... disappointed there’s no green Rupee lamp. :hehe: 

• Haha 1

https://www.gameinformer.com/2019/06/27/zelda-directors-explain-why-they-prefer-links-awakening-over-a-link-to-the-past

However, that doesn't necessarily mean we'll encounter all the same non-Zelda characters we ran into in the original Game Boy version. "All the Mario characters are in there, but all the other characters, you'll just have to play and find out," Aonuma says

Looks like some of the original version’s cameos might not make the cut...

We know that Dr Wright is still in, so who could be one of the casualties... poor Kirby :( 

14 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

https://www.gameinformer.com/2019/06/27/zelda-directors-explain-why-they-prefer-links-awakening-over-a-link-to-the-past

Looks like some of the original version’s cameos might not make the cut...

We know that Dr Wright is still in, so who could be one of the casualties... poor Kirby :( 

Wart better still be in this otherwise it will instantly be the inferior version of the game. :nono:

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, RedShell said:

I’m even dumber... disappointed there’s no green Rupee lamp. :hehe: 

That's the one I originally was looking for. It's more iconic than the other two colours.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

That's the one I originally was looking for. It's more iconic than the other two colours.

Guess they figured that selling something that was only worth 1p for £54.99 was just too much of a pisstake... Fools...

UK19YWGP-The-Tower-of-London-The-Yeoman-

If the royal mint can get away with selling a £5 coin for two grand, surely Nintendo can sell a Green Rupee!?

• Haha 2

Some new video clips from the official Twitter account...

Looks like they've managed to iron out the framerate issues from the E3 demo version! :D 

10 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Looks like they've managed to iron out the framerate issues from the E3 demo version! :D

Nice.

Shame Twitter videos always look like complete turd though, absolutely atrocious compression! :shakehead

Does look like it’s running at 60FPS now which is good news. No excuse for it being 30 to be honest. 

So not "Disastrous" "Unnacceptable" or "Slipping quality standards" then? Nintendo games always improve from a technical pov closer to release, glad to see that seems to be the case here too.

1 hour ago, Ronnie said:

So not "Disastrous" "Unnacceptable" or "Slipping quality standards" then? Nintendo games always improve from a technical pov closer to release, glad to see that seems to be the case here too.

You'd think after the whole 3D World debacle, people would have learnt to not jump the gun?

• Like 1

I managed to grab a copy of the collectors edition from Argos yesterday, dunno if they still have any for those who have dem feelz

On 15/08/2019 at 10:42 AM, RedShell said:

Nice.

Shame Twitter videos always look like complete turd though, absolutely atrocious compression! :shakehead

I don't know if it's Twitter, Android or both but videos always skip for me, it's really jarring.

Anyway, the Japanese Artbook set boxart looks really good, wish we were getting this one:

715qJ1jrSsL._SL1332_.jpg

• Like 1

The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening won best Switch game at Gamescon. Is a remake of a 26-year-old game really better overall than brand new games like Luigi’s Mansion 3 and Pokémon Sword and Shield? Seems somebody thinks so.

If I remember correctly, it also won IGN’s Switch game of E3 this year.

I just realised that this is going to be a lot of people's first ever Zelda game. The art style will appeal to kids and families especially. As a game it's a hell of a lot more accessible than Breath of the Wild, for example. Can you imagine not having played a Zelda game before? I'm kind of jealous of such people!

Edited by Tim B

10 hours ago, Tim B said:

The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening won best Switch game at Gamescon. Is a remake of a 26-year-old game really better overall than brand new games like Luigi’s Mansion 3 and Pokémon Sword and Shield? Seems somebody thinks so.

If I remember correctly, it also won IGN’s Switch game of E3 this year.

Definitely a nostalgia factor there. Makes a difference from Pokémon being judged by nostalgia, I guess.

I'm sure Link's Awakening will be great, but unless it's radically different in a way Nintendo are keeping secret, I doubt it'll be my Game of the Year purely because it's a remake.

• Like 1

This is now available to pre-order on eShop. It seems that you can use a Switch online voucher and still claim the bonus x2 gold points, effectively making it £37. :cool: I was going to get the physical version, but might go for digital now instead.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, RedShell said:

This is now available to pre-order on eShop. It seems that you can use a Switch online voucher and still claim the bonus x2 gold points, effectively making it £37. :cool: I was going to get the physical version, but might go for digital now instead.

Interesting. I read differently elsewhere, so thanks for checking. I still think I will go for a physical version as it’s only a 15 hour game, 20 max.

11 hours ago, RedShell said:

Me too, part of me just wants it to be ready and available at all times. 

content-4-35941-thelegendofzeldalinksawakeninggamescombanner.jpg

The latest footage from Gamescom now up on the main page.

Not long to go for this now. :D

• Thanks 2