NEurope
Julius

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening REMAKE — 20th September 2019

1 minute ago, Tim B said:

Thinking about it, I'd have much preferred a new top-down Zelda to any kind of remake. I would love a new dungeon or two, just like how they added a colour dungeon for the DX version.

@Dcubed and I were half joking about replacing the colour dungeon with a "HD" dungeon.

No idea how that would work, but it's an amusing idea.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Glen-i said:

@Dcubed and I were half joking about replacing the colour dungeon with a "HD" dungeon.

No idea how that would work, but it's an amusing idea.

Puzzles that require you to switch between 1080p docked and 720p in handheld mode. :heh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Nah we’ll get the HD rumble dungeon, where we have to rotate ball maxes like Breath of the wild and pick locks falloutstyle using the HD rumble 

please god no

I'd say it personally doesn't deserve to be full price, unless it has a whole lot of currently unannounced new content. But there are valid arguments to be said for the opposite. So let me tell you that I'll personally never buy the game for 60 euros. 40 euros will be my max. unless like I said there is much new content, which I seriously doubt.

It's a Zelda game, remake or not it's bound to be a full price, day 1, "shut up and take my rupees!" situation. :p

• Like 1

I've always thought they should remake Link's Awakening! It was my first Zelda, and possibly my fave Zelda (it's a tie between LA and OOT :P).

It'd be nice if they add an alternate/hidden ending though, where...

Spoiler

...the island and its inhabitants don't disappear.

Perhaps as a reward for 100% completion (getting every Heart Piece, Secret Seashell, etc).

I think they've done a good job with the new graphics style. I think it fits the game well.

I'm looking forward to seeing the remastered Level 2 boss. Was very difficult when I first played it.

With regards to price, considering how huge a game Breath of the Wild is, I think full price might be a bit steep. But, I most likely will buy it anyway xD.

Edited by Sckewi
Spelling mistake
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If we're talking RRP on the eShop, BOTW is £60 and Kirby/Mario Kart/ARMS etc are £50. I assume this will be the latter.

• Like 1

I'm very late to this thread, but I'm really digging the art style. While I never thought that the original game was foreboding or oppressive, I did think there was a melancholic quality to it. Partly due to the music, partly due to it being black and white.

The remake seems to be adopting a toy-like aesthetic in order to capture a different feeling. Everything now looks lighthearted and quaint, and the animation (reminiscent of stop-motion) should add to the odd, subtle, otherworldly quality that the game will inevitably demand.

All things considered, I'm looking forward to the parts of the game that aren't as quaint as this. The opening sequence should tell us that they're willing to work with more than one art style, and I'm wondering if they're willing to play even further with such shifts. I'm also curious about any extra content they might add. And the return of Wart.

1 minute ago, bob said:

What's the difference between a remake and a remaster?

As far as I can tell, a remake is something that is based on the original, but actually shares very little of the games code.

So the likes of Metroid: Zero Mission and this upcoming Link's Awakening game would be a remake.

Meanwhile, a remaster would be something that shares a lot of the same code as the original, but tweaks it in order to make improvements.

Wind Waker HD on the WiiU would be a good example of this.

• Like 2

I'm constantly wondering if they will still call him "Mamu" in the remake.

Because seriously, what was up with that?

EDIT: Wait, hang on, I just remembered Mamu is Wart's Japanese name and for some reason, his name didn't get the translation in English.

The French version of Link's Awakening actually changed it to Wart, so someone in the French translation team remembered him.

Edited by Glen-i

16 hours ago, Glen-i said:

I'm constantly wondering if they will still call him "Mamu" in the remake.

Because seriously, what was up with that?

EDIT: Wait, hang on, I just remembered Mamu is Wart's Japanese name and for some reason, his name didn't get the translation in English.

The French version of Link's Awakening actually changed it to Wart, so someone in the French translation team remembered him.

Mamu's Mambo is just too good of a name to pass up.

6 hours ago, Jonnas said:

Mamu's Mambo is just too good of a name to pass up.

You're thinking of Manbo's Mambo. The song you learn from the giant fish who shouts "OH!"

Mamu's song is called the "Frog's Song of Soul"

• Like 1

That special edition looks cool as! I liked the Zelda maker element they revealed, soft test the waters for a stand alone?

E3 Trailer:

Treehouse gameplay:

Looks so beautiful :cry:

Edited by Ronnie
  • Thanks 2

That special edition is great, I saw that steelbook and instantly wanted it.

The game looks absolutely gorgeous. I remember being a little bit iffy on the visual style when they announced it but seeing more of it now, it just looks so good and I'm glad I was wrong about the art style as it just fits the game so well.

This is one of my favourite Zelda games and seeing it remade like this has me itching to get my hands on it and experience it all again. It's been so long that I only remember a few things about it.

3 hours ago, Ganepark32 said:

That special edition is great, I saw that steelbook and instantly wanted it.

The game looks absolutely gorgeous. I remember being a little bit iffy on the visual style when they announced it but seeing more of it now, it just looks so good and I'm glad I was wrong about the art style as it just fits the game so well.

This is one of my favourite Zelda games and seeing it remade like this has me itching to get my hands on it and experience it all again. It's been so long that I only remember a few things about it.

What makes it so special for you? Curious as people rarely list LA as one of the favourites.

1 minute ago, LazyBoy said:

What makes it so special for you? Curious as people rarely list LA as one of the favourites.

Not who you are replying to but this is also one of my favourites and one that means a lot to me. It was my first Zelda game back on the Game Boy. I never really was a fan of these types of games but this just clicked with me. The music, the visuals. It all just made me fall in love with the franchise right then. I remember once I beat the game I would then just keep playing the final boss over and over. Probably replayed it a few times from beginning too. After this I got Link Between Worlds and the rest is history. They have been one of my must have games. Upon seeing the unveiling trailer for this I was so happy. I loved the visual style from the start and I can’t wait to play it again. 

• Thanks 1

Loving the dungeon maker thing! :yay: Wish they would've gone all-out with that actually, and let us freely design individual rooms with item and enemy placement etc. (i.e. Zelda Maker :heh:) but I'll happily take this for now.

Anyway, the game looks amazing, and it's launching sooner than I was expecting. So yeah, great stuff. :bouncy:

1 minute ago, RedShell said:

Loving the dungeon maker thing! :yay: Wish they would've gone all-out with that actually, and let us freely design individual rooms with item and enemy placement etc. (i.e. Zelda Maker :heh:) but I'll happily take this for now.

I was happy to see this addition. A big concern of mine is that i've played the original so many times that I can't see this game lasting me long at all, so i'm happy that new stuff has been included for those of us who already know the game inside and out.