NEurope
Julius

Astral Chain -- August 30th 2019

Really looking forward to this. Looks like an incredibly deep and rich game from Platinum. If the combat has their usual quality and feel, and the town and environments have some interesting lore and depth, then this might be my game of the year. 

....just too bad it releases exactly as I'm gonna be a father of twins. So I guess I won't be able to play this for.... maybe two or three years? :p

3 minutes ago, ArtMediocre said:

Really looking forward to this. Looks like an incredibly deep and rich game from Platinum. If the combat has their usual quality and feel, and the town and environments have some interesting lore and depth, then this might be my game of the year. 

....just too bad it releases exactly as I'm gonna be a father of twins. So I guess I won't be able to play this for.... maybe two or three years? :p

Twins? Congratulations mate! Yeah probably a couple fallow years of gaming for you, but it won't be long until you can start familial co-oping. I'd start a list of all the games you want to play with them when they're ready (this one included).

Just now, LazyBoy said:

Twins? Congratulations mate! Yeah probably a couple fallow years of gaming for you, but it won't be long until you can start familial co-oping. I'd start a list of all the games you want to play with them when they're ready (this one included).

Probably a good idea to have a list ready :D If it was just one it'd be easier to find some co-op games, but with twins I need 3-player co-op at least (if I'm to join in). But yeah, it's gonna be a good time I'm sure. Chaotic and hectic, but good! 

I'm playing as much as I can now before all hell breaks loose :p I think I need to get on with playing NieR before I call it quits.

Just the standard edition for me, trying to save where I can.

I actually pre-orderde the limited edition for this one.. But I'm considering downgrading it, as I'm not sure if I actually like the artwork enough for me to want the artbook. I am really looking forward to the game though.

There's no online functionality in this game at all, right? Seem to recall something about online play, but may have imagined it. :heh: If there's no online features then I'll get the physical version of the game.

16 minutes ago, RedShell said:

There's no online functionality in this game at all, right? Seem to recall something about online play, but may have imagined it. :heh: If there's no online features then I'll get the physical version of the game.

I think they vaguely hinted at maybe something down the line, but not in the base game as far as I know.

Edit:
Maybe I'm just confused with this: https://kotaku.com/astral-chain-director-says-it-actually-can-be-two-playe-1835624876

Edited by Sméagol
  • Thanks 1

content-4-35884-astralchaintrailerbanner.jpg

Nintendo have just release the English version of the above Action trailer for Astral Chain. :D

Check the article for the trailer. :peace:

• Like 1

Are there any indications yet on how many hours this might take to complete? Honestly it’s getting slightly stressful trying to beat everything before the next major release comes out.

Edited by Tim B

1 hour ago, Tim B said:

Are there any indications yet on how many hours this might take to complete? Honestly it’s getting slightly stressful trying to beat everything before the next major release comes out.

I'm not that far in the game but given what I've played I'd guess about 15 hours for the main story on casual. 

• Thanks 1

Yeah I'm done with the videos. 10 more days! for me to complete my first run of Fire Emblem.

• Haha 1

I wonder what RedShell has posted....

*cancels preorder*

Edited by Hero-of-Time
  • Haha 3

content-4-35940-astralchaingamescombanner.jpg

Now up on the main site. :D

I watched most of the video either, it looks amazing, one might even say that it's...

...off the chain. :cool:

(Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaah!)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I know it's only out in just over a week, but did Nintendo not want to make this game playable at Gamescom and Insomnia 65? Seems a curious omission.

And I oop - it scored 9/10/9/9 from Famitsu. The same as Fire Emblem: Three Houses and Super Mario Maker 2 very recently. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

This is almost selling as much as Super Mario Maker 2 on Amazon UK now. Could well be No. 1 in the UK next week.