NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Julius

Delta Rune -- February 28th 2019

Honestly didn't think it would be coming to Switch in its current state, but hey!

And it's free!

Edited by Julius

I tried the demo on the PC a while back.

It's a very intriguing game, and I love the evolution of the Undertale battle mechanics. Pretty well written too, but that's no surprise. And the soundtrack is gorgeous!

@Ugh first aid probably went nuts over this reveal!

Looking forward to trying this very soon. I adored Undertale at the beginning but it got boring in acts two and three. I also got tired of the battle mechanics.

2 minutes ago, Tim B said:

Looking forward to trying this very soon. I adored Undertale at the beginning but it got boring in acts two and three. I also got tired of the battle mechanics.

Do you recall which aspect of them tired you?

Because while Deltarune has a more evolved version of the Undertale battle system, they do share similarities.

It just felt like I was dodging objects again and again. Got repetitive after a while even though the battles got increasingly hard.

55 minutes ago, Tim B said:

It just felt like I was dodging objects again and again. Got repetitive after a while even though the battles got increasingly hard.

Yeah, this still follows the bullet hell lite aspect. There's a system that rewards you MP for getting very close to objects without getting hit, which you can use to heal yourself or deal out more powerful attacks, but the "dodge attack patterns on the enemy turn" is still there.

Then again, this is much shorter than Undertale, obviously, so maybe you'll not get bored this time. And it's free, so you might as well try it, see if it clicks this time.

Sign in to follow this