Julius

Tetris 99 -- Available Today

I'll be playing this evening, forgot it went live today as i could have thrown a few games in at lunch.

On 25/10/2019 at 5:11 PM, Glen-i said:

Luigi's Mansion 3 theme is on now.

Music choice could have been better and there isn't enough Boo noises at all. Background is nice though.

Can’t say I’m a huge fan of this theme, the music is awful and the slimy border looks really amateurish, it doesn’t match the quality of the other assets at all. :shakehead I still hit 100 points to unlock it, even though I never want to see it again after this event. :heh:

Is the event over? Did I miss out on this seemingly hideous theme? :grin:

I kind of still want it... bit if I've missed it then oh well...

24 minutes ago, S.C.G said:

Is the event over? Did I miss out on this seemingly hideous theme? :grin:

I kind of still want it... bit if I've missed it then oh well...

Should still be on, ends on the 29th.

But yeah, definitely the worst theme.

BTW, it's next weekend that event goes live.

You don't see Pokémon Company collabarate with other games very often. I believe Mario Maker 1 was the last time that happened, so I'm kinda surprised this is a thing.

Pokémon Theme is up now.

A lot of nice touches in this theme. Most of the sound effects are completely different to the usual Tetris 99.

Getting a K.O gives you the sound of the EXP Bar filling up, swapping blocks with your stored one gets the saving sound effect, even the music for when you lose is changed. The actual music for when you're playing is a good fit too, but that wouldn't be hard.

Great theme!

2 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Pokémon Theme is up now.

A lot of nice touches in this theme. Most of the sound effects are completely different to the usual Tetris 99.

Getting a K.O gives you the sound of the EXP Bar filling up, swapping blocks with your stored one gets the saving sound effect, even the music for when you lose is changed. The actual music for when you're playing is a good fit too, but that wouldn't be hard.

Great theme!

Yeah, really cool theme this time. I love how when you K.O someone you “catch” the Pokémon that was in their window. :cool: Good luck catching ‘em all! :heh:

The Pokemon theme puts the Luigi Mansion one to shame.

• Like 3