NEurope
Julius

Tetris 99 -- Available Today

11 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

That music was so repetitive.

Yeah, the standard battle music in Mario RPG was designed for fights that last about 1 to 2 minutes.

You know what the maddest thing is? The original was even shorter!

30 seconds before it loops! It's easily the least good song in the game because of that.
For comparison, the remake extends it to 1 minute and 25 seconds with a few key changes and out of order reiterations.

Thankfully, every other song in the game is great!

Edited by Glen-i

3 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Yeah, the standard battle music in Mario RPG was designed for fights that last about 1 to 2 minutes.

You know what the maddest thing is? The original was even shorter!

Yeah, as a PAL gamer I got it on the Wii through one of the Hanabi Festivals.

• Like 1

The background is so CRISP and CLEAN, I love it. Especially compared to the particularly hideous Sword and Shield skin lol. I'm not sure why though, the blocks are quite hard to get used to. I think it may be the stars on them, I had to concentrate more than usual and couldn't quite drift off into my normal Tetris meditative state. I still played until I unlocked the theme, but it's not my favourite, but also not the worst. 

The next Grand Prix/Maximus Cup is for Wario Ware Movie It!:

From the 1st of to the 5th December

• Thanks 3

On 30/11/2023 at 3:48 PM, Helmsly said:

The next Grand Prix/Maximus Cup is for Wario Ware Movie It!:

From the 1st of to the 5th December

Thanks for the heads-up. Went ahead and got it. This one had pretty (weird and) relaxed music however at times I found it difficult to discern between the background art and the Tetris action.

• Like 1

Another Max Cup/Grand Prix announced. This time for Super Mario Bros Wonder

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Mario Wonder theme's up now.

The Tetriminos are atrocious, and Mario Wonder's music is so lame, it uses a Mario Galaxy remix for the last 10 people.

Not a great one this time. Still got it though.

I normally only place better when he gets too ambitious and accidentally kills himself! Well haps!

• Like 1

Got it too. One of my favourites in all seriousness! Liked the blocks and the nice relaxed vibe of it. Actually found myself wishing the backdrop was gameplay!