NEurope
Julius

Tetris 99 -- Available Today

The event is live, for anyone that forgot. I managed to get my 100 points in one go!

Edited by Helmsly
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The next Grand Prix is for a Mario Party Superstar Theme:

Edited by Helmsly
  • Thanks 1

Tetris 99 30th Maximus Cup

Nintendo has announced the 30th Maximus Cup for Tetris 99, which will give players a chance to unlock special themes based on other Switch games if they were missed previously. Different rounds will be held for Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury, Miitopia, Mario Golf: Super Rush, The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD, WarioWare: Get It Together!, and Samus Edition.

The Tetris 99 30th Maximus Cup event will take place between August 5 at 12 AM PT / 3 AM ET to August 10 at 11:59 PM PT / August 11 at 2:59 AM ET. Six back-to-back rounds are planned, which are as follows:

• Round 1 features the Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury theme as a reward and runs from 12 a.m. to 11:59 p.m. PT on Aug. 5.
  • Round 2 features the Miitopia theme as a reward and runs from 12 a.m. to 11:59 p.m. PT on Aug. 6.
  • Round 3 features the Mario Golf: Super Rush theme as a reward and runs from 12 a.m. to 11:59 p.m. PT on Aug. 7.
  • Round 4 features the Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD theme as a reward and runs from 12 a.m. to 11:59 p.m. PT on Aug. 8.
  • Round 5 features the WarioWare: Get It Together! theme as a reward and runs from 12 a.m. to 11:59 p.m. PT on Aug. 9.
  • Round 6 features the Samus Edition theme as a reward and runs from 12 a.m. to 11:59 p.m. PT on Aug. 10.

To unlock these themes previously, 100 event points were required. For each round in the upcoming Maximus Cup though, only 10 event points are needed.

https://nintendoeverything.com/tetris-99-30th-maximus-cup-announced-with-selection-of-returning-themes/

Catch-up event. Handy as I think I missed a few of those before. Hoping it's not US-only though I think these normally run in tandem across the regions? ::shrug: 

• Thanks 1

The catch-up event is indeed happening here--saw it on the Switch news feed.

Think I'm only short the WarioWare: Get it Together! theme from this bunch but I went on anyway for a few games in the Bowser's Fury theme. What a game Bowser's Fury is. Really should have replayed it by now. :cool: 

On 13/12/2022 at 1:38 AM, Helmsly said:

A new maximum cup announced, this time for a new Kirby theme:

Levelled up to 46 while getting that. Some top 20 finishes helped speed things up. :) 

Hope they do some theme catchups again as there're still a few I haven't unlocked.

• Like 1

Another Maximus cup/ Grand Prix announced for Tetris 99:

Edited by Helmsly
  • Thanks 1

There will be a Pikmin 4 Maximus Cup/Grand Prix soon:

• Like 1

Oh my goodness, I'll be right on that. I love tetris at the best of times, but I MUST get this theme. 

Out of curiosity, anyone who has purchased the 1-Player mode, can you use whatever themes you have collected playing 99 mode? If so I will purchase it at some point, as given Nintendo's track record I know this game won't stay online forever, which is a shame as it has so many great themes.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Josh64 said:

Oh my goodness, I'll be right on that. I love tetris at the best of times, but I MUST get this theme. 

Out of curiosity, anyone who has purchased the 1-Player mode, can you use whatever themes you have collected playing 99 mode? If so I will purchase it at some point, as given Nintendo's track record I know this game won't stay online forever, which is a shame as it has so many great themes.

You can, yes

• Thanks 1

On 04/07/2023 at 2:50 AM, Helmsly said:

There will be a Pikmin 4 Maximus Cup/Grand Prix soon:

Just a reminder, this is live now :)

• Thanks 1

Another Maximus Cup/Grand Prix announced: 

Edited by Helmsly
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Ike said:

I was expecting a F-Zero 99 theme.

Wouldn't that just be a SNES F-Zero theme?

I got it! Best I got to was 8th place after a few games, I'm either out of practice or all the hardcore players are out right now lol 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ah, go on then, I'll bust open the game for that.

Kinda regret forgetting about the Xenoblade one...

Edited by Glen-i

2 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Ah, go on then, I'll bust open the game for that.

Kinda regret forgetting about the Xenoblade one...

It will probably come back at some point. They sometimes have special event once a year where you can unlock old themes

• Thanks 1

Happy Mask Salesman The Legend Of Zelda Gif - IceGif

That music was so repetitive. 

On 09/11/2023 at 4:09 PM, Helmsly said:

It will probably come back at some point. They sometimes have special event once a year where you can unlock old themes

I've a gap for Special Themes 20 & 21 (or thereabouts) so it'd be nice if they finish the year with a catch-up event that includes those. Still need to get plenty with in-game tickets as well, mind.

• Like 2