NEurope
Julius

Tetris 99 -- Available Today

Looks like an Animal Crossing New Horizons event/theme is coming this weekend. :) 

• Like 1

Yeah, the relaxing nature of Animal Crossing doesn't really mix well with the stress of Tetris 99. :laughing:

17 hours ago, Ike said:

Yeah, the relaxing nature of Animal Crossing doesn't really mix well with the stress of Tetris 99. :laughing:

There's a reason Smash remixes almost all of it's Animal Crossing songs.

Holy crap, yes! I do want that theme!

Music alone will make Tetris even more hype!

0/10 if Reyn doesn't yell "MAN, WHAT A BUNCH OF JOKERS" when you win.

• Haha 2

EcA38U_UMAE7rFK?format=jpg&name=small

I wish I thought of "Now it's Line Time"

EDIT: Man, Mechanical Rhythm is such good Tetris music. Shame I'm so rubbish at Tetris 99, I almost never get to hear it.
I can't imagine how hype the last 10 music (You Will Know Our Names) will feel.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Haha 1

Another Maximus Cup is happening soon, this time for a Paper Mario Origami King theme:

• Thanks 4

Welp, if I can pull it off, everyone else in the world has no bloody excuse!

To really hammer the point home, just earlier, this is how one of my matches went.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 3

The music on this theme is sooo good! :yay: Just couldn’t stop grooving to it. :grin: 

Made it difficult to play Tetris well though. :heh: Also, I’d often intentionally fill the screen once it hit 50 players remaining, just so I could start over and listen to the main tune again. :laughing: 

Love it. :bouncy:

• Haha 1

Paper Mario's soundtrack has gotten miles better in it's later entries.

That said, so far, I do prefer the main battle theme from Colour Splash.

Also gonna use this opportunity to put in the best Paper Mario song.

(Hilarious instrumentation disguises the fact that this fight is proper hard!)

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I would have preferred a Colour Splash theme, but would inevitably be disappointed because it could only have 3 songs and that's nowhere near enough.

For anyone that missed some of the previous themes that have come up on Tetris 99, they’re currently giving people another chance to unlock them.

Right now the Animal crossing theme event is on, which is running until Monday. Then it will change to the Luigis mansion 3 theme until Thursday and finally the Ring Fit Theme 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

On 14/08/2020 at 8:12 AM, Helmsly said:

For anyone that missed some of the previous themes that have come up on Tetris 99, they’re currently giving people another chance to unlock them.

Right now the Animal crossing theme event is on, which is running until Monday. Then it will change to the Luigis mansion 3 theme until Thursday and finally the Ring Fit Theme 

They should do this more times... or give an alternative way to unlocking previous themes without these events.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, viceview51 said:

They should do this more times... or give an alternative way to unlocking previous themes without these events.

They have a couple of older themes in the customise tab in the title screen that you unlock with points you’ve earned from daily challenges 

New theme competition starting just now

It’s a returning theme, but the good news is if you didn’t get it before, it’s only 50 points to unlock now, instead of the usual 100.
  • Thanks 1

Hearing that music and the sound effects really brought back what a hollow and unsatisfactory game Pokémon on Switch was. :( 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Super Mario All-Stars Themed Maximus cup competition is happening next week:

• Thanks 1

Oh, that's sweet, when they started repeating themes, I was concerned that was it for any more new ones, but glad I'm wrong.

Kinda blurring the lines between Tetris 99 and Mario 35 though. Tetrimario 67 it is!